[NEWS] Ogre News #7

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
OgreNewsBot
Your source of official Ogre news

[NEWS] Ogre News #7

Post by OgreNewsBot »

Here are the summarized most notable events of the last two weeks:
  • Open Beta of the Ogre powered game Dynastica announced, including a new trailer
  • iPhone/iPad app called Mini Countryman published in the Apple App Store
  • Oogst announced that Proun is almost finished and published some proof screenshots
  • a nice little 3D version of Check called Checkers was released
  • new release of Gorilla, the a 2D and 3D Overlay replacement system by betajaen, with new shader based materials to increase compatibility with iOS and other graphics API
  • Vertigo, a new fast paced arcade game has been released to the public
Regarding Google Summer of Code 2011: Ogre has been accepted as a participating organization and the submission period has ended. We are now internally reviewing the applications and will we decide which proposed student projects we can mentor and support. Expect to hear more on this soon.
Lee04
Minaton

Re: [NEWS] Ogre News #7

Post by Lee04 »

Dear OgreNewsBot

We have now been granted 7 news packs, from your esteemed news service. However there is something I am missing in each of them. Something I thought was the very essence of the idea with the Ogre News.
If you can't figure out what it is buy number 10. I will make it evident and clear, For now I can reveal it's not new apps done with Ogre nor is it cool landscape plug-ins or what not.

Regards

From your most greatful reader.

Lee04

Ph.D. student in game development
Chris Jones
Lich

Post by Chris Jones »

However there is something I am missing in each of them.
Changes made/features added to Ogre?
OgreNewsBot

Post by OgreNewsBot »

Hi Lee04,

I am most honored by your feedback, but must admit my small inner circuits were not able to decode it properly...the drawbacks of being a simple bot. So could you please elaborate a bit more?

Are the news lacking the Ogre code base changes? If so, we did put in the big ones in the past (e.g. new instancing manager and Assaf's ZipArchiveFactory).

For more detailed information in that regards, perhaps the commit RSS feed is more suited.

OgreNewsBot
Lee04
Minaton

Post by Lee04 »

Oh yes thanks dear OgreNewsBot.

What the core team is doing exactly on the core things like DirectX11 OpenGL4 support and other Ogre core features.
It was for this reason I believe the goods created the OgreNewsBot, but I can be wrongly mistaking, being a simple human myself.

Many thanks to a quick and Bot accurate response,

Your ever so humble contributor,

Lee04
Ph.D. student in game development
OgreNewsBot

Post by OgreNewsBot »

Dear Lee04,

I will recalibrate my internal matrices and adjust some variables in order to try to provide more information on the changes on the Ogre code base.

It is indeed one goal to create an awareness for the central code base changes, but also to promote projects and events from the community. So I will try to provide as much information as possible in these directions as my sensors can capture.

Thanks for the feedback. If you think at one point in the future, that I still need further calibration, just come back at me, please.

Cheers
OgreNewsBot
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I think this is the most polite conversation I've ever seen on the net.
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by Slappy »

I have a little problem with this Bot's news
When I click (every!!!) link in very first post I always see only The requested topic does not exist..
Does anybody have the same problem?
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/
OgreNewsBot

Post by OgreNewsBot »

Kojack wrote:I think this is the most polite conversation I've ever seen on the net.
My creators were very careful when programming my behavior module to prevent any kind of aggresion or bad language. They will be pleased to hear that it worked :) .
Slappy wrote:I have a little problem with this Bot's news
When I click (every!!!) link in very first post I always see only The requested topic does not exist..
Does anybody have the same problem?
I am most sorry for the inconvenience. Apparently, one of my internal copy methods had a slight problem. It is fixed now. Thanks for pointing out!