[GSoC 2011 - Accepted] Modern Illumination Techniques

Threads related to Google Summer of Code
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Re: [GSoC 2011 - Accepted] Modern Illumination Techniques

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:The demo is basically ready. I still need to cleanup the code, improve the shaders and document everything, but from a user's point of view, it's pretty much done.
I still have some issues:
The VPLs aren't always updated when the technique or number of VPLs changes, until the camera moves. Probably from the way I handle the whole instancing thing.
I have some banding artifacts when using deferred lighting.

The whole state change part of the demo is somewhat of a mess. For example, when changing the number of VPLs, the whole instance manager is deleted and a new one created. The reason for this is that I can't just remove entities from the instance manager, since I manually render each batch. Still thinking of ways of cleaning it up.

There are a couple of things I'd like to see improved in Ogre:
More flexibility in the shadow map system; using MRT shadowmaps and being able to set parameters to shadow materials would be awesome
Being able to render into a 3D texture - this would be important for techniques like Light Propagation Volumes

I'd like to add a couple of things to the demo(after GSoC): importance sampling would be really nice to have, would probably decrease the number of VPLs needed by a rather large amount. Would need to be able to set parameters to shadow materials(need spotlight parameters so falloff can be encoded in the RSM, rather than at VPL generation). Specular indirect illumination would also be awesome, but definitely requires importance sampling. I'd also like to modify the scene a bit, since it doesn't really showcase technique very well.

Sorry for the sketchy post,but I wanted to have this things written down somewhere, and this seemed like the logical place.
Finally, I was waiting for this since the day of it's announcement! :D
BitBucket username changed to iboshkov (from MindCalamity)
Do you need help? What have you tried?
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
Noman
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Noman »

Nice!

I won't be able to run this for a few days since I don't have my dev computer working ATM. So, I have a few questions :

1 - Is it possible to run all of the different techniques at the same run?
2 - Which intermediate results be seen?
3 - Can you compare performance vs normal (forward) rendering?
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Noman wrote:Nice!

I won't be able to run this for a few days since I don't have my dev computer working ATM. So, I have a few questions :

1 - Is it possible to run all of the different techniques at the same run?
2 - Which intermediate results be seen?
3 - Can you compare performance vs normal (forward) rendering?
I have a problem with my dev computer too, but I've compiled the sample a few days ago, and it was able all the techniques present at the time (Ambient Occlusion, and a few more I don't remember). I haven't compiled the new version though, I had problems with Mercury until yesterday.
- xavier
---------------------
HkOgre - a Havok Integration for OGRE | Simple SSAO | My Blog | My YouTube | My DeviantArt
andrei_radu
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by andrei_radu »

1 - well, yes. I mean you can dynamically switch between deferred shading/deferred lighting/inferred lighting, with RSM active or not. As I said, there's an issue with the VPLs not appearing when switching techniques, until the camera moves, though it doesn't seem to happen all the time. You obviously can't use RSM on forward rendering.
2 - for deferred shading the same as before. For deferred lighting, you can also see the LBuffer. I'll try to let the user see the VPLs as well.
3 - I will, but there seems to bee a CPU overhead from using compositors, which even a forward renderer would ultimately use, so I'm not sure of the relevance of the results.

One more important thing. Actually two:
1. Gamma correction. Since I'm adding a lot of overlapping lights, working in linear space is pretty important for the end result. I'm currently using sRGB textures, and activating sRGB for the render window. However the GUI looks washed up(since the gui textures are loaded as normal RGB), so I'm gonna add a full screen pass to correct for gamma.
2. Stencil testing for the lights. I've just noticed that ogre doesn't use stencil testing for the deferred lights. This would be a performance improvement for them, and a real must for VPLs(since VPLs use smaller geometry than they should based on attenuation, so banding artifacts appear where pixels outside of the VPL volume(due to Z) get affected. It's difficult to explain, so I'll probably make a screenshot to be clearer.
My Google summer of code 2011 topic: Modern Illumination Techniques
My Google summer of code thread
My Google summer of code wiki page
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:1 - well, yes. I mean you can dynamically switch between deferred shading/deferred lighting/inferred lighting, with RSM active or not. As I said, there's an issue with the VPLs not appearing when switching techniques, until the camera moves, though it doesn't seem to happen all the time. You obviously can't use RSM on forward rendering.
2 - for deferred shading the same as before. For deferred lighting, you can also see the LBuffer. I'll try to let the user see the VPLs as well.
3 - I will, but there seems to bee a CPU overhead from using compositors, which even a forward renderer would ultimately use, so I'm not sure of the relevance of the results.

One more important thing. Actually two:
1. Gamma correction. Since I'm adding a lot of overlapping lights, working in linear space is pretty important for the end result. I'm currently using sRGB textures, and activating sRGB for the render window. However the GUI looks washed up(since the gui textures are loaded as normal RGB), so I'm gonna add a full screen pass to correct for gamma.
2. Stencil testing for the lights. I've just noticed that ogre doesn't use stencil testing for the deferred lights. This would be a performance improvement for them, and a real must for VPLs(since VPLs use smaller geometry than they should based on attenuation, so banding artifacts appear where pixels outside of the VPL volume(due to Z) get affected. It's difficult to explain, so I'll probably make a screenshot to be clearer.
I seem to be getting errors compiling the updated sample:

Code: Select all

1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(92): error C2039: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : is not a member of 'Ogre::InstanceManager'
1>          d:\ogre-byatis\sdk\include\ogre\OgreInstanceManager.h(62) : see declaration of 'Ogre::InstanceManager'
1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(92): error C2065: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : undeclared identifier
1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(208): error C2039: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : is not a member of 'Ogre::InstanceManager'
1>          d:\ogre-byatis\sdk\include\ogre\OgreInstanceManager.h(62) : see declaration of 'Ogre::InstanceManager'
1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(208): error C2065: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : undeclared identifier
1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(223): error C2039: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : is not a member of 'Ogre::InstanceManager'
1>..\..\..\..\..\Res\illumination\Samples\DeferredShading\src\DeferredShading.cpp(223): error C2065: 'HWInstancingIdOnly' : undeclared identifier
I'm using OGRE 1.8 - Byatis, is that the problem ?

I didn't have this problem with the sample before you committed the latest changes.

I tried changing HWInstancingIdOnly to HWInstaincingBasic, but that just crashed the compiled sample with nothing in the log.
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

I've been without an internet connection for a couple of days, hence the lack of updates.
I seem to be getting errors compiling the updated sample:
I'll look at this asap, but not sure what is causing this. Are you sure you haven't updated the instance manager file from another source and overwritten my changes?
Noman
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Noman »

The pencils down date has arrived! While you may continue working on the project, the official time has past.
Please take today (and maybe tomorrow at the most) to make sure everything is working.
Get a version of the code straight from the repository and make sure it compiles and runs correctly out of the box.
Make sure everything is documented and updated.
When those two are done, update the wiki.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

Noman wrote:The pencils down date has arrived! While you may continue working on the project, the official time has past.
Please take today (and maybe tomorrow at the most) to make sure everything is working.
Get a version of the code straight from the repository and make sure it compiles and runs correctly out of the box.
Make sure everything is documented and updated.
When those two are done, update the wiki.
Seems like the latest commit was 4 days ago, I'm going to try and compile it with the latest OGRE 1.8 and 1.7. It should work, I guess the previous errors were because of OGRE 1.8, not sure though.
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

I've cleaned up the code, added a gamma correction pass(the contrast in the scene is improved now) before SSAO(dunno why, but applying it after causes noise all over the place). Also fixed a bug that caused a crash when you disabled deferred shading.
Tested with a clean clone from my reppo, and everything works. I'm off to update the wiki.
Noman
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Noman »

I was able to compile the code. I have three issues so far :

A - The CMakeLists.txt in OgreMain had an error - it references "OgreInstanceBatchHW_IdOnly.cpp" instead of "src/OgreInstanceBatchHW_IdOnly.cpp". I don't know if this is a change you made, or a problem in merging code from different branches of ogre, or an Ogre CMake bug. Can you check?

B - When running the demo with the OpenGL rendersystem, the deferred/inferred lighting demos had the viewport partially upside down. I will be able to attach screens soon if needed, but it looks like one of the later post-processing passes flips the texture when it shouldn't (or doesn't flip the texture when it should). Please make sure the demos work on both render systems.

C - RSM crashes under inferred/deferred lighting (Works under deferred shading). If this is expected, it should be disabled in the GUI. If not, it shouldn't crash.

D - More of a suggestion than a problem - the "deferred shading" checkbox (whether to do these pipelines or not) would work better as a rendering mode (like deferred shading / deferred lighting / inferred lighting) instead of the checkbox that it currently is.
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

All of them are fixed.
I think I forgot to push a commit, hence the problem at A.
Noman
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by Noman »

Much better :)

One last thing - Turning on SSAO in deferred/inferred lighting on OpenGL still causes the screen to be upside down (completely, not partially)
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

That's also fixed. The whole flipping thing has me a bit confused. Will look into using a more streamlined solution.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:That's also fixed. The whole flipping thing has me a bit confused. Will look into using a more streamlined solution.
Flipping happens with the Motion Blur compositor on OpenGL too.
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

This is basically because of how texcoords are computed in the vertex shader. I will probably change it eventually, but I'm not sure I'd have enough time for proper testing.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

I just compiled it, and it works, and it looks amazing great work, it's still a huge performance hit on my graphics card though (GeForce 9500 GT 1GB) @ ~14 FPS

But it didn't seem to work with my previously compiled version of OGRE 1.8... It crashed.

Haha, now that I think of it, I never really compiled it against my version of OGRE :D

--------------------

I tested it on my laptop a few minutes ago, and it seems that it has a problem - Deffered Shading doesn't render anything except the sky dome/box, and the lighting techniques don't work as they should'll get some screenshots up. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 there with 1 GB RAM, and DX11 support, it's essentially more powerful than my NVIDIA, on my desktop, yet it has this problem... What could it be ?
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

Could you also post the content of ogre.log?
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:Could you also post the content of ogre.log?
The sample browser does not generate a ogre.log file... But still it's weird D3D renders something completely different from what it should while Open GL crashes without any warning...

Here are the screenshots: http://mindcalamity.imgur.com/random
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

Ogre.log is in Documents/ogre(on Vista and win7). It _should_ be there. I'll do my best to try and test the code on an ATI, but it will probably take a couple of days.
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:Ogre.log is in Documents/ogre(on Vista and win7). It _should_ be there. I'll do my best to try and test the code on an ATI, but it will probably take a couple of days.
It was there :) Here it is:

Code: Select all

10:21:23: Creating resource group General
10:21:23: Creating resource group Internal
10:21:23: Creating resource group Autodetect
10:21:23: SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Material
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
10:21:23: OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
10:21:23: OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
10:21:23: OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Font
10:21:23: ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
10:21:23: ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
10:21:23: ArchiveFactory for archive type EmbeddedZip registered.
10:21:23: DDS codec registering
10:21:23: FreeImage version: 3.13.1
10:21:23: This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all common bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
10:21:23: Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,pgm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp2,pfm,pct,pict,pic,bay,bmq,cr2,crw,cs1,dc2,dcr,dng,erf,fff,hdr,k25,kdc,mdc,mos,mrw,nef,orf,pef,pxn,raf,raw,rdc,sr2,srf,arw,3fr,cine,ia,kc2,mef,nrw,qtk,rw2,sti,drf,dsc,ptx,cap,iiq,rwz
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
10:21:23: MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
10:21:23: Loading library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9
10:21:23: Installing plugin: D3D9 RenderSystem
10:21:23: D3D9 : Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem created.
10:21:23: D3D9: Driver Detection Starts
10:21:23: D3D9: Driver Detection Ends
10:21:23: Plugin successfully installed
10:21:23: Loading library .\RenderSystem_GL
10:21:23: Installing plugin: GL RenderSystem
10:21:23: OpenGL Rendering Subsystem created.
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_ParticleFX
10:21:23: Installing plugin: ParticleFX
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
10:21:23: Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
10:21:23: Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_BSPSceneManager
10:21:23: Installing plugin: BSP Scene Manager
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_CgProgramManager
10:21:23: Installing plugin: Cg Program Manager
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_PCZSceneManager
10:21:23: Installing plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
10:21:23: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Default' registered
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_OctreeZone
10:21:23: Installing plugin: Octree Zone Factory
10:21:23: Loading library .\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
10:21:23: Installing plugin: Octree Scene Manager
10:21:23: *-*-* OGRE Initialising
10:21:23: *-*-* Version 1.8.0unstable (Byatis)
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Allow NVPerfHUD = No
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: FSAA = 0
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Fixed Pipeline Enabled = Yes
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Floating-point mode = Fastest
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Full Screen = Yes
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Multi device memory hint = Use minimum system memory
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Rendering Device = Monitor-1-ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Resource Creation Policy = Create on all devices
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: VSync = No
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: VSync Interval = 1
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: Video Mode = 1366 x 768 @ 32-bit colour
10:21:23: D3D9 : RenderSystem Option: sRGB Gamma Conversion = No
10:21:23: CPU Identifier & Features
10:21:23: -------------------------
10:21:23:  *   CPU ID: GenuineIntel: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 480  @ 2.67GHz
10:21:23:  *      SSE: yes
10:21:23:  *     SSE2: yes
10:21:23:  *     SSE3: yes
10:21:23:  *      MMX: yes
10:21:23:  *   MMXEXT: yes
10:21:23:  *    3DNOW: no
10:21:23:  * 3DNOWEXT: no
10:21:23:  *     CMOV: yes
10:21:23:  *      TSC: yes
10:21:23:  *      FPU: yes
10:21:23:  *      PRO: yes
10:21:23:  *       HT: no
10:21:23: -------------------------
10:21:23: D3D9 : Subsystem Initialising
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
10:21:23: Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
10:21:23: D3D9RenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OGRE Sample Browser", 1366x768 fullscreen  miscParams: FSAA=0 FSAAHint= colourDepth=32 gamma=false monitorIndex=0 useNVPerfHUD=false vsync=false vsyncInterval=1 
10:21:23: D3D9 : Created D3D9 Rendering Window 'OGRE Sample Browser' : 1366x768, 32bpp
10:21:23: D3D9 : Multi head disabled. It causes application run time crashes when used in Vista + SP 1 or 2 combination
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_L8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_L16
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A4L4
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_BYTE_LA
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_R5G6B5
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_B5G6R5
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A4R4G4B4
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A1R5G5B5
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A8R8G8B8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_B8G8R8A8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A2R10G10B10
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_A2B10G10R10
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DXT1
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DXT2
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DXT3
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DXT4
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DXT5
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT16_RGB
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT16_RGBA
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_RGB
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_RGBA
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_X8R8G8B8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_X8B8G8R8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_R8G8B8A8
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_DEPTH
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_SHORT_RGBA
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT16_R
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_R
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_SHORT_GR
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT16_GR
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_FLOAT32_GR
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_SHORT_RGB
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_PVRTC_RGB2
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_PVRTC_RGBA2
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_PVRTC_RGB4
10:21:24: D3D9: Vertex texture format supported - PF_PVRTC_RGBA4
10:21:24: RenderSystem capabilities
10:21:24: -------------------------
10:21:24: RenderSystem Name: Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
10:21:24: GPU Vendor: ati
10:21:24: Device Name: Monitor-1-ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
10:21:24: Driver Version: 8.17.10.29
10:21:24:  * Fixed function pipeline: yes
10:21:24:  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
10:21:24:  * Texture blending: yes
10:21:24:  * Anisotropic texture filtering: yes
10:21:24:  * Dot product texture operation: yes
10:21:24:  * Cube mapping: yes
10:21:24:  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
10:21:24:    - Stencil depth: 8
10:21:24:    - Two sided stencil support: yes
10:21:24:    - Wrap stencil values: yes
10:21:24:  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
10:21:24:  * Vertex programs: yes
10:21:24:  * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 256
10:21:24:  * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 16
10:21:24:  * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 16
10:21:24:  * Fragment programs: yes
10:21:24:  * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 224
10:21:24:  * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 16
10:21:24:  * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 16
10:21:24:  * Geometry programs: no
10:21:24:  * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 0
10:21:24:  * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
10:21:24:  * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
10:21:24:  * Supported Shader Profiles: hlsl ps_1_1 ps_1_2 ps_1_3 ps_1_4 ps_2_0 ps_2_a ps_2_b ps_2_x ps_3_0 vs_1_1 vs_2_0 vs_2_a vs_2_x vs_3_0
10:21:24:  * Texture Compression: yes
10:21:24:    - DXT: yes
10:21:24:    - VTC: no
10:21:24:    - PVRTC: no
10:21:24:  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
10:21:24:  * Hardware Occlusion Query: yes
10:21:24:  * User clip planes: yes
10:21:24:  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
10:21:24:  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
10:21:24:  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
10:21:24:  * Floating point textures: yes
10:21:24:  * Non-power-of-two textures: yes
10:21:24:  * Volume textures: yes
10:21:24:  * Multiple Render Targets: 4
10:21:24:    - With different bit depths: yes
10:21:24:  * Point Sprites: yes
10:21:24:  * Extended point parameters: yes
10:21:24:  * Max Point Size: 256
10:21:24:  * Vertex texture fetch: yes
10:21:24:  * Number of world matrices: 0
10:21:24:  * Number of texture units: 8
10:21:24:  * Stencil buffer depth: 8
10:21:24:  * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
10:21:24:    - Max vertex textures: 4
10:21:24:    - Vertex textures shared: no
10:21:24:  * Render to Vertex Buffer : no
10:21:24:  * DirectX per stage constants: yes
10:21:24: ***************************************
10:21:24: *** D3D9 : Subsystem Initialised OK ***
10:21:24: ***************************************
10:21:24: DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread main.
10:21:24: Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
10:21:24: SceneManagerFactory for type 'BspSceneManager' registered.
10:21:24: Registering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
10:21:24: SceneManagerFactory for type 'PCZSceneManager' registered.
10:21:24: MovableObjectFactory for type 'PCZLight' registered.
10:21:24: MovableObjectFactory for type 'Portal' registered.
10:21:24: MovableObjectFactory for type 'AntiPortal' registered.
10:21:24: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' registered
10:21:24: SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
10:21:24: Creating resource group Essential
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/thumbnails' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Essential'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/SdkTrays.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Essential'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'General'
10:21:24: Creating resource group Popular
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/fonts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/materials/programs' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/materials/scripts' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/materials/textures' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/materials/textures/nvidia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/models' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/particle' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/DeferredShadingMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/PCZAppMedia' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/RTShaderLib' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/RTShaderLib/materials' of type 'FileSystem' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/cubemap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/cubemapsJS.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/dragon.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/fresneldemo.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/ogretestmap.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/ogredance.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/Sinbad.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Added resource location 'Media/packs/skybox.zip' of type 'Zip' to resource group 'Popular'
10:21:24: Initialising resource group Essential
10:21:24: Parsing scripts for resource group Essential
10:21:24: Parsing script SdkTrays.material
10:21:24: Parsing script SdkTrays.fontdef
10:21:24: Parsing script SdkTrays.overlay
10:21:24: Bad element attribute line: '# you can offset the image to change the cursor "hotspot"' for element SdkTrays/Cursor in overlay 
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_cursor.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_button_up.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_mini_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_track.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,16x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_handle.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_mini_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_label.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_separator.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x16x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x16x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_logo.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x64x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x64x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_shade.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x48x1) with 6 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x48x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_frame.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_mini_text_box_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_pulse.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,8x1x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,8x1x1.
10:21:24: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Essential
10:21:24: Creating resources for group Essential
10:21:24: All done
10:21:24: Texture: sdk_bands.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,2x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,2x32x1.
10:21:24: Initialising resource group Popular
10:21:24: Parsing scripts for resource group Popular
10:21:24: Font SdkTrays/Captionusing texture size 512x256
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Caption
10:21:24: Texture: SdkTrays/CaptionTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1.
10:21:24: Font SdkTrays/Valueusing texture size 512x512
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 127 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 128 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 129 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 130 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 131 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 132 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 133 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 134 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 135 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 136 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 137 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 138 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 139 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 140 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 141 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 142 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 143 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 144 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 145 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 146 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 147 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 148 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 149 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 150 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 151 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 152 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 153 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 154 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 155 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 156 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 157 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 158 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 159 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Value
10:21:24: Texture: SdkTrays/ValueTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x512x1.
10:21:24: Parsing script Instancing.program
10:21:24: Parsing script Examples.program
10:21:24: Parsing script StdQuad_vp.program
10:21:24: Parsing script deferred_post.program
10:21:24: Parsing script ShadowCaster.program
10:21:24: Parsing script VPL.program
10:21:24: Parsing script ASCII.material
10:21:24: Parsing script ASMSwizzle.material
10:21:24: Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in ASMSwizzle.material(1)
10:21:24: Parsing script BlackAndWhite.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Bloom.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Bloom2.material
10:21:24: Parsing script CGSwizzle.material
10:21:24: Parsing script CompositorDemo.material
10:21:24: Parsing script DepthShadowmap.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Dither.material
10:21:24: Parsing script DOF.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Embossed.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Example-Water.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Examples-Advanced.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Examples-DynTex.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Examples-Water.material
10:21:24: Parsing script Examples.material
10:21:25: Parsing script facial.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Glass.material
10:21:25: Parsing script GLSLSwizzle.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Halftone.material
10:21:25: Parsing script hdr.material
10:21:25: Parsing script HeatVision.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Hurt.material
10:21:25: Parsing script HWInstancing.material
10:21:25: Parsing script HW_VTFInstancing.material
10:21:25: Parsing script instancing.material
10:21:25: Parsing script InstancingMisc.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Invert.material
10:21:25: Parsing script IsoSurf.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Laplace.material
10:21:25: Parsing script MotionBlur.material
10:21:25: Parsing script MRTtest.material
10:21:25: Parsing script NightVision.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Ocean.material
10:21:25: Parsing script OffsetMapping.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Ogre.material
10:21:25: Parsing script OldMovie.material
10:21:25: Parsing script OldTV.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ParticleGS.material
10:21:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
(0) : error C6015: Output 'POSITION' not completely written
 in CgProgram::compileMicrocode at D:/Res/ogre-gsoc2011-modernillumination/PlugIns/CgProgramManager\src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
10:21:25: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVScg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/GenerateVScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
 in CgProgram::compileMicrocode at D:/Res/ogre-gsoc2011-modernillumination/PlugIns/CgProgramManager\src/OgreCgProgramManagerDll.cpp (line 67)
10:21:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
(249) : warning C7050: "output.color" might be used before being initialized
10:21:25: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVScg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayVScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
(249) : warning C7050: "output.color" might be used before being initialized
10:21:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
(323) : fatal error C9999: unexpected cast operation
10:21:25: High-level program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPScg encountered an error during loading and is thus not supported.
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Unable to compile Cg program Ogre/ParticleGS/DisplayPScg: CG ERROR : "The compile returned an error."
(323) : fatal error C9999: unexpected cast operation
10:21:25: Parsing script Penguin.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Posterize.material
10:21:25: Parsing script pssm.material
10:21:25: Parsing script RadialBlur.material
10:21:25: Parsing script RZR-002.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ShaderInstancing.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ShaderSystem.material
10:21:25: Parsing script shadows.material
10:21:25: Parsing script SharpenEdges.material
10:21:25: Parsing script sibenik.material
10:21:25: Parsing script smoke.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Tiling.material
10:21:25: Parsing script VarianceShadowmap.material
10:21:25: Parsing script VTFInstancing.material
10:21:25: Parsing script deferreddemo.material
10:21:25: Parsing script deferred_post.material
10:21:25: Parsing script deferred_post_minilight.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ShadowCaster.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ssao.material
10:21:25: Parsing script VPL.material
10:21:25: Parsing script ROOM.material
10:21:25: Parsing script RTShaderSystem.material
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(23): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(52): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(81): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(110): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(146): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(162): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Compiler error: unknown error in RTShaderSystem.material(211): token class, rtshader_system, unrecognized.
10:21:25: Parsing script RomanBath.material
10:21:25: Parsing script Sinbad.material
10:21:25: Parsing script emitted_emitter.particle
10:21:25: Parsing script Examples-Water.particle
10:21:25: Parsing script Examples.particle
10:21:25: Parsing script smoke.particle
10:21:25: Parsing script Examples.compositor
10:21:25: Parsing script deferred.compositor
10:21:25: Parsing script ssao.compositor
10:21:25: Parsing script sample.fontdef
10:21:25: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Popular
10:21:25: Creating resources for group Popular
10:21:25: All done
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_BezierPatch
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Bezier Patch Sample
10:21:25: Plugin successfully installed
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_BSP
10:21:25: Installing plugin: BSP Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_CameraTrack
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Camera Tracking Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_CelShading
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Cel-shading Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Character
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Character Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Compositor
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Compositor Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_CubeMapping
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Cube Mapping Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_DeferredShading
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Deferred Shading Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Dot3Bump
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Bump Mapping Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_DynTex
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Dynamic Texturing Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_FacialAnimation
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Facial Animation Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Fresnel
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Fresnel Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Grass
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Grass Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Instancing
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Instancing Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Isosurf
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Isosurf Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Lighting
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Lighting Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_NewInstancing
10:21:25: Installing plugin: New Instancing Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Ocean
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Ocean Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_ParticleGS
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Particle Effects (GPU) Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_ParticleFX
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Particle Effects Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_ShaderSystem
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Shader System Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Shadows
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Shadows Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_SkeletalAnimation
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Skeletal Animation Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_SkyBox
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Sky Box Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_SkyDome
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Sky Dome Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_SkyPlane
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Sky Plane Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Smoke
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Smoke Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_SphereMapping
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Sphere Mapping Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Terrain
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Terrain Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_TextureArray
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Texture Array Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_TextureFX
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Texture Effects Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Transparency
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Transparency Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_VolumeTex
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Volume Textures Sample
10:21:25: Loading library .\Sample_Water
10:21:25: Installing plugin: Water Sample
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_bsp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_bezier.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_bump.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_camtrack.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_cel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_char.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_comp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_cubemap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_deferred.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_dyntex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_facial.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_fresnel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_grass.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_instancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_isosurf.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_lighting.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_newinstancing.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_ocean.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_particles.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_particlegs.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_shadersystem.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_shadows.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_skelanim.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_skybox.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_skydome.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_skyplane.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_smoke.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_terrain.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_texarray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_texfx.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_trans.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_voltex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:25: Texture: thumb_water.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:29: Texture: sdk_button_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
10:21:29: Texture: sdk_button_down.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_fr.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_bk.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_lf.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_rt.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_up.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: evening_dn.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Mesh: Loading sibenik.mesh.
10:21:29: Texture: KAMEN320x240.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,640x477x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,640x477x1.
10:21:29: Texture: KAMEN-stup.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,640x477x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,640x477x1.
10:21:29: Texture: MRAMOR6X6.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,600x600x1) with 5 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,600x600x1.
10:21:29: Mesh: Loading athene.mesh.
10:21:29: Can't assign material 1 - Default to SubEntity of Athena because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
10:21:29: Texture: atheneNormalMap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
10:21:29: Mesh: Loading knot.mesh.
10:21:29: Texture: MtlPlat2.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,512x512x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,512x512x1.
10:21:29: Texture: rockwall.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
10:21:29: Texture: rockwall_NH.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1.
10:21:29: Mesh: Loading ogrehead.mesh.
10:21:29: Texture: GreenSkin.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
10:21:29: Texture: spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
10:21:29: Texture: tusk.jpg: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:29: Mesh: Loading WoodPallet.mesh.
10:21:29: Texture: WoodPallet.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,256x256x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
10:21:29: Texture: spot_shadow_fade.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_X8R8G8B8,128x128x1.
10:21:29: -DLIGHT_TYPE=LIGHT_SPOT -DIS_SPECULAR -DIS_ATTENUATED -DIS_SHADOW_CASTER -DUSE_MAT_PROPERTIES 
10:21:29: -DLIGHT_TYPE=LIGHT_POINT -DIS_ATTENUATED -DUSE_MAT_PROPERTIES 
10:21:29: -DLIGHT_TYPE=LIGHT_POINT -DIS_SPECULAR -DIS_ATTENUATED -DUSE_MAT_PROPERTIES 
10:21:29: -DLIGHT_TYPE=LIGHT_DIRECTIONAL -DUSE_MAT_PROPERTIES 
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Bezier Patch Sample
10:21:35: Plugin successfully uninstalled
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_BezierPatch
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: BSP Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_BSP
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Camera Tracking Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_CameraTrack
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Cel-shading Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_CelShading
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Character Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Character
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Compositor Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Compositor
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Cube Mapping Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_CubeMapping
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Deferred Shading Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_DeferredShading
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Bump Mapping Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Dot3Bump
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Dynamic Texturing Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_DynTex
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Facial Animation Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_FacialAnimation
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Fresnel Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Fresnel
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Grass Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Grass
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Instancing Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Instancing
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Isosurf Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Isosurf
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Lighting Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Lighting
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: New Instancing Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_NewInstancing
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Ocean Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Ocean
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Particle Effects (GPU) Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_ParticleGS
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Particle Effects Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_ParticleFX
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Shader System Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_ShaderSystem
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Shadows Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Shadows
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Skeletal Animation Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_SkeletalAnimation
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Sky Box Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_SkyBox
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Sky Dome Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_SkyDome
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Sky Plane Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_SkyPlane
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Smoke Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Smoke
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Sphere Mapping Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_SphereMapping
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Terrain Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Terrain
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Texture Array Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_TextureArray
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Texture Effects Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_TextureFX
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Transparency Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Transparency
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Volume Textures Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_VolumeTex
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Water Sample
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Sample_Water
10:21:35: DefaultWorkQueue('Root') shutting down on thread main.
10:21:35: PCZone Factory Type 'ZoneType_Octree' unregistered
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type BspLevel
10:21:35: *-*-* OGRE Shutdown
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Compositor
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Font
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Octree Scene Manager
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Octree Zone Factory
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_OctreeZone
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Portal Connected Zone Scene Manager
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_PCZSceneManager
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: Cg Program Manager
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_CgProgramManager
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: BSP Scene Manager
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_BSPSceneManager
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: ParticleFX
10:21:35: Unloading library .\Plugin_ParticleFX
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: GL RenderSystem
10:21:35: *** Stopping Win32GL Subsystem ***
10:21:35: Unloading library .\RenderSystem_GL
10:21:35: Uninstalling plugin: D3D9 RenderSystem
10:21:35: D3D9 : Shutting down cleanly.
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Texture
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
10:21:35: D3D9 : Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem destroyed.
10:21:35: Unloading library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9
10:21:35: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Material
- xavier
---------------------
andrei_radu

Post by andrei_radu »

This is weird, it seems to compile fine. Can you also post it for a run with openGL? (I'd prefer it if it was a debug build :) )
Mind Calamity
Ogre Magi

Post by Mind Calamity »

andrei_radu wrote:This is weird, it seems to compile fine. Can you also post it for a run with openGL? (I'd prefer it if it was a debug build :) )
OpenGL Crashes right away, but I'm going to recompile in debug mode right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logs from the debug build: D3D9| OGL
- xavier
---------------------
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by al2950 »

Looks great, I especially like the RSM. Great work :D

I did not want to hijack this thread, but I am trying to work out the bottle necks of using deferred techniques with Ogre. I would really appreciate it if you would add your views to this thread;
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66519

Cheers :)
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi! I'm here after seeing this hasn't been included in 1.8 branch because of the ATI problem. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650. I should be able to reproduce the error. What's the easiest way to get the code up and running in shortest time??

Checklist to look for bugs:
  • Turn DX Debug runtimes on.
  • Check you're NOT mixing VS 3.0 with PS 2.0 (or viceversa)
  • What's the vertex texture's format you're using? (i.e. FLOAT16_ARGB) A specific format might not be supported (which would be strange considering the 5650 is not exactly an old gpu)
  • All lock()s are followed by unlock()s
Worst case scenario we're dealing with memory corruption

Cheers
Dark Sylinc
nickG
Greenskin

Post by nickG »

andrei_radu,there i can find you work?(i want deferred lighting sample)