Project FPTD v0.3.5 is out!

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
Indorile
Gnoblar

Project FPTD v0.3.5 is out!

Post by Indorile »

Project FPTD is a first person tower defense game, in addition to the classic tower building you are actively participating in the battle.

Alien microbes from the planet Atom have invaded the Earth and, by infecting domestic animals, they plan to bring it down to its knees. Many humans perished by surprise and Earth was destined to fall, there were just too many of them. Alas their plan is being foiled by the group of scientists, who found a way to reverse the infection without harming the animals. Now the animals are marching to laboratories in which scientists hide, in order to destroy the research that will be their doom. Head scientist professor Klang hired mercenaries to defend them. They call themselves "Protector" and you are Jack Armstrong their leader. It is up to you to set up the defenses and bring waste to these evil doers.

Features:

- FPS and Strategy build modes.
- Various towers to build and upgrade.
- Shop in which you can buy new weapons and upgrades.
- Manual tower control.
- Customizable tower targeting system.
- Diverse types of infected animals - normal, unique and aggressive.
- Challenging action packed waves

[youtube]k8qGPu7fPH0[/youtube]

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Download Project FPTD v0.3.5
Download .Net 4.0

This version requires .Net 4.0 and Administrative privileges on Vista/W7.
Hope you like it and I eagerly await your comments :D
chaosavy
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Re: Project FPTD v0.3.5 is out!

Post by chaosavy »

great idea! combine tower defense with FPS... don't know if anyone else thought of that.

Vid looks good, neat gui, tower placement, run and gun etc. I'll try to do a run through later on and give you detailed notes:

One issue I had to comment immediatly on: farm animals? COME ON MAN/WOMAN/GENDER-NEUTRAL!

This screams for: zombies, aliens, dinosaurs, insects, mutants, robots, evil soldiers, flying squids (the aliens gave squids anti gravity belts! and some sort of thing that lets them breathe on land! now they want revenge!) anything! etc. Not farm animals...

I don't want to shoot Mrs. Moo Moo in the face or roast Mr. Oink.
Visit http://www.VoidDestroyer.com to check out my space sim project - Void Destroyer
tod
Troll

Post by tod »

Very pretty. :D You got talent.
But I think the idea is overused already. You know what would be cool? A minecraft clone!!! :P
On a more positive note I think you should add a cleaver.
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

That looks really good, and original too, both in engine mechanics and story. I like the infected animals.

The one thing I think would take it up to the next level is to work on the animal animations some more. They look rigid at the moment, they need to be more natural, both in the way they move and the way they die.

However it still looks impressive. Great stuff!
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
boyamer
Orc

Post by boyamer »

Nice work you've done, i like it.
Congrats!
Indorile
Gnoblar

Post by Indorile »

Thank you all for your kind comments :)
chaosavy wrote:One issue I had to comment immediatly on: farm animals? COME ON MAN/WOMAN/GENDER-NEUTRAL!

This screams for: zombies, aliens, dinosaurs, insects, mutants, robots, evil soldiers, flying squids (the aliens gave squids anti gravity belts! and some sort of thing that lets them breathe on land! now they want revenge!) anything! etc. Not farm animals...
Well microbes firstly mutated animals, nothing stops them to come up with something else :wink:
Here's a cute little puppy so you can see what i mean :twisted:

mkultra333 wrote:The one thing I think would take it up to the next level is to work on the animal animations some more. They look rigid at the moment, they need to be more natural, both in the way they move and the way they die.
Sadly I'm the only one working on this project atm and I'm the programmer so it will have to wait until I find some help.
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

Sadly I'm the only one working on this project atm and I'm the programmer so it will have to wait until I find some help.
Yeah, I know what that's like. At the very least, perhaps a bone on the spine and a bone at the neck. It's the rigidness running down their spine to their head that doesn't look right. I think it'd be worth the time, although I understand how limited time can be.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
Indorile
Gnoblar

Post by Indorile »

We recently got interviewed by Igrorama about Project FPTD.
Igrorama is the biggest Serbian video game blog, and we are very glad that they decided to do an interview with us. It covers many interesting points on FPTD development, some personal thoughts and previous projects.

Read the full interview on our IndieDB page
We recently tested a development version of the game called Project FPTD, an interesting mix of first person action game and tower-defense strategy. Certainly, the most interesting thing is that it is, in fact, made by a local author. Today we talk with the author of this product, indie programmer named Filip Zemljak. Read the article and find out more about this, and his previous games, and problems that the game developers in Serbia almost always encounter...
Inocencio
Gnoblar

Post by Inocencio »

Very impressive game. FPS is one of my favorite styles of game thus like Tower Defense, combine both together will bring us a great game of course.
I did some TD game some time ago using C#, a little sample, but working on. Maybe I will try this approach with Ogre 3D some day.

The final release will become a commercial game? Good luck!