Help with exporting from Maya

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Brakpan
Kobold

Help with exporting from Maya

Post by Brakpan »

Hi everyone,

I'm writing the C++ code for my game, and I've hired a modeller (well, on a contract basis) to construct and animate models for me.

He is having problems exporting the animations though. He is using the Maya Exporter that is part of Ogre, looks like the one that is not command line based - has a menu. But he says that his only option to export the animations is to export them as one long animation, instead of several named animations. They are all skeletal animation.

Is there something he is missing? I dont know anything about Maya so I'm no help unfortunately.

Do I need to use the OgreMax exporter instead? If necessary, I will pay the licensing fee (I hope to one day release my game!).
videl
Halfling

Re: Help with exporting from Maya

Post by videl »

I don't know the exporter you are using, but with Ogre Max it should be no problem to export multiple named animation clips. Just go into the Ogre Max Object Settings and there to "Mesh Animation". In this menu you can add and name animations to export.
Brakpan
Kobold

Post by Brakpan »

Thanks!

Think I'll just buy the license, probably worth it.
metaldev
Orc Shaman

Post by metaldev »

my lfa scene manager will also handle this