Exporter for Blender 2.6

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
JanDal
Gnoblar

Exporter for Blender 2.6

Post by JanDal »

Hello,

I have been searching these forums and big parts of the rest of the internet. But I can't seam to find a way to convert a blender file (.blend) into a .mesh, .material AND a .skeleton file.

I have been able to get a mesh and a material file using the following workflow:
Blender 3DS Export -> 3ds2ogre -> OgreXMLConverter
(I didn't use 3ds2mesh from ogreaddons because it had errors which pointed at it being outdated)
I can get a mesh and a material file out of this, that I am able to display in a small test application, but 3ds2ogre doesn't support animations.

I also tried BlenderExporter and looked at Blender 2.5 Exporter, but the first didn't work with Blender 2.63 (probably outdated) and the second doesn't seam finished by far.

Before trying something like
Blender X Export -> Program Y -> Converter Z -> Converter XYZ -> OgreXMLConverter
I want to ask: How can I get an animateable model for Ogre out of Blender?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Edit: After a complete reinstall of both Blender and using Blender2.5Export I managed to get the .material and .xml (x2) files, but I couldn't convert the skeleton.xml file to a .skeleton file, because the rigify rig had added to many bones (more than 256). I solved this by changing OGRE_MAX_NUM_BONES in OgreSkeleton.h to 512, but I guess there is a reason to it being set to 256. Is there some way to work around this in a less ugly way?

Also, I should perhaps mention I'm using Ubuntu
LiMuBei
Goblin

Re: Exporter for Blender 2.6

Post by LiMuBei »

Try this version. It should have an option to only export deforming bones which should work with a rigify rig.
JanDal
Gnoblar

Post by JanDal »

LiMuBei wrote:Try this version. It should have an option to only export deforming bones which should work with a rigify rig.
I have tried exporting with that option, but it gives errors and doesn't export anything.

Jan
Waruck
Goblin

Post by Waruck »

yea, in the preview 1 there is a bug that prevents you from ignoring nondeformable bones if any of these bones has a deformable child.

this is fixed in the preview 2: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 75#p461607
this version works with rigify