Constructor called twice on static map in OgreCodec.h

Minor issues with the Ogre API that can be trivial to fix
Post Reply
Sqeaky
Gnoblar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:44 am

Constructor called twice on static map in OgreCodec.h

Post by Sqeaky »

The codebase I am working with already compiles/runs fine on windows, and previously compiled/ran fine on Linux with the 1.7.x version of ogre. Now on my Ubuntu x64 12.04.1 system with gcc 4.6.3 it fails. I made a patch that allows my system to compile/run, and there more info about how I found this on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1272 ... ic-stdmap/

I don't think this patch should be included in the Ogre verbatim, but I have included it in case some else runs into this problem and needs a fix now.

What I would like to know is if other people have experienced this, how did they fix it? I would also like to ask should something like this be included in whereever ogre does compiler detection to allow fixes like this to be used throughout Ogre3D?


For those worried, consider this post written permission to do pretty much anything with this patch. I make this available under the same MIT license ogre is released under as detailed in the file COPYING in the Ogre source distribution.
Attachments
OgreCodecDoubleConstructionFix.OgreCodec.h.patch
(674 Bytes) Downloaded 169 times
Need an alternative to a single threaded main loop for a game: https://github.com/BlackToppStudios/DAGFrameScheduler/
--Sqeaky
User avatar
masterfalcon
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:56 am
Location: Bloomington, MN
x 126
Contact:

Re: Constructor called twice on static map in OgreCodec.h

Post by masterfalcon »

Thanks but please follow the procedures here: http://www.ogre3d.org/developers/submit-patch
Sqeaky
Gnoblar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:44 am

Re: Constructor called twice on static map in OgreCodec.h

Post by Sqeaky »

I did not know those procedures existed. I will go through them if it looks like I have something to contribute.

But at present I do not even know if this it the place or way to do this. Is there a better place for compiler checks?
Need an alternative to a single threaded main loop for a game: https://github.com/BlackToppStudios/DAGFrameScheduler/
--Sqeaky
Post Reply