Blender far clipping distance?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Hydrocity
Halfling

Blender far clipping distance?

Post by Hydrocity »

I'm using Blender combined with the DotSceneLoader as a level editor. Some of my levels are going to become quite large (I'm using the Octree scene manager).

The problem is that Blender seems to have a rather short far clipping distance in the viewport. Is there any way to increase it? Or perhaps scale everything down so that it's visible?

For a visual example, here is my scene:

And when I want to move one of the pillars up, it becomes cut off in the viewport. This will make it difficult to visualize the whole level when editing.

thebluefish
Gremlin

Re: Blender far clipping distance?

Post by thebluefish »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blender+far+clipping+distance

First link brings you:
View Properties - camera clip ^

Camera clip distance, a setting previously available in the 3D windows "View Properties" panel, has also been moved to the general 'Properties' panel, now under the "View" sub-section and again toggled open/closed with the general use "N" key. Named "Clip" both the "Start:" and "End:" function values are set here that dictate how far or close the camera 'clips' distance in the 3D window; a large terrain scene for example would need a large clip 'end' point.
Try a quick search next time ;)
During the code inspection, a couple of minor points were noticed: -

Function inlining was critical to performance.
For MSVC, at least, a "delete 0" caused execution of 11 assembly instructions, including a function call. So in cases where performance is at an absolute premium it can be worth inserting the extra manual test.