A MMORPG game engine base on Ogre - Walker3DII

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
ketoo007
Gnoblar

A MMORPG game engine base on Ogre - Walker3DII

Post by ketoo007 »

Hi Ogre3D community
I’m Ketoo. today I released an exciting technology video and some screenshots. Those real time images are from engine Walker3DII which is developed based on Ogre3D. It take us two years to make Walker3DII present this effect. We make this Walker3DII use of an online game, tentatively named ”Project M”.

Wlker3DII Overview
Walker3DII is the upgrade version of Walker3D (online game “Legend of wilderness” was developed by Walker3D. web: http://dh.woyou.net/). We use Deferred Shading rendering frame(different from Ogre Sampler) and Provide a material library.

Project ToolChain:
 Ogre Version : 1.65 currently,looking to upgrade to 1.74 soon
 PhysX Version: 2.82
 API: DirectX 9.0c

Maybe you think that is too old(yes, I think so). Our goal is to ensure that as probability as much users to use Walker3DII. We are planning to upgrade Ogre3D to version 1.74. even to version 1.9 or 2.0 in the future. It will bring more wonderful experience.

Here is the technology video of Walker3DII. (music is from game “Machinarium”. I Love this game)

[youtube]a0zbOsCWsRY[/youtube]

If you can’t see the video, never mind, we have prepared some screenshots for you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

If you are interested in our technology, Please pay attention to our facebook ( Of course, you can also email me. E-mail: ketoohome@gmail.com). We’ll gradually issue information about the technologys. I’ll try my best to answer your questions timely.

Futrue
 To provide a Scene Editor
 Upgraded the Engine(using Ogre Version 1.74)
 Add some popular Effect, Such as SSDO
 Join the weather and season
Last edited by ketoo007 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabberwocky
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: A MMORPG game engine base on Ogre - Walker3DII

Post by Jabberwocky »

Thanks for sharing! The forest scenes look really amazing. Are you just using the engine internally, or are you planning to sell it commercially?
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

Jabberwocky wrote:Thanks for sharing! The forest scenes look really amazing. Are you just using the engine internally, or are you planning to sell it commercially?
Yes, we just using Walker3DII, and never modify the Ogre of version 1.65(there are some difficulties, some problem has been resolved in Ogre 1.7). We made a ogre plugin to deal with Deferred Shading. Recently we have not business plan, and there are two reasons. First, we would like to prove Walker3DII is a mature engine with a finished game(Project M). Secondly, a lot of better ideas have not be achieved, We hope our Walker3DII become more sexy to enthrall more people :) .
Thank you for your “amazing”, I love this word :D .
bstone
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by bstone »

Now that's some eye candy. Awesome work!
mkultra333
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by mkultra333 »

Very good looking, and nice effects. Great forest.
"In theory there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Psychology Textbook.
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

bstone wrote:Now that's some eye candy. Awesome work!
Thanks to Deferred Shading. if you got G-Buffer,you can do everything! :D
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

This looks amazing! Great job.
bstone
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by bstone »

ketoo007 wrote:Thanks to Deferred Shading. if you got G-Buffer,you can do everything! :D
Haha, and I always thought that if you got G-Buffer you can only do just a handful of BRDFs. How do you deal with that and how many material IDs do you support actually? Phong, Blinn-Phong, skin, fur? What else?

It would be very interesting to hear what was your biggest "aha" moments while you were working toward the natural lighting for your scenes.
Kissy
Gnoblar

Post by Kissy »

This video has blown my mind. Really great job.
I was wondering about the assets. Are you using some already created ? Or did you created it ?

Regards
TheSHEEEP
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by TheSHEEEP »

ketoo007 wrote:
bstone wrote:Now that's some eye candy. Awesome work!
Thanks to Deferred Shading. if you got G-Buffer,you can do everything! :D
QFT! Too bad it is always rather hard to set up. But once you have it running, you get the possibility of eye candy like this :)

You must really have some very talented shader coders to get something that good looking.
My site! - Have a look :)
Also on Twitter - extra fluffy
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

bstone wrote:
ketoo007 wrote:Thanks to Deferred Shading. if you got G-Buffer,you can do everything! :D
Haha, and I always thought that if you got G-Buffer you can only do just a handful of BRDFs. How do you deal with that and how many material IDs do you support actually? Phong, Blinn-Phong, skin, fur? What else?

It would be very interesting to hear what was your biggest "aha" moments while you were working toward the natural lighting for your scenes.
haha, Perhaps I exaggerate,but Deferred Shading has made great contribution to Rendering, because as the G-Buffer brings is not only Deferred Lighting, also can bring such as “Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion”,"Depth of Field”,"Light Shaft","Refraction Material”.In addition, we still use “TexBuffer” to store texture color and “SpecularBuffer” to store specular color. If have this “Buffer” ,we can get a good images with Compositor.

We have made a lot of material, used to represent object single effect and the Buffer output. For the illumination model we mainly use Phong ( as you said many types of illumination mode mixed with will bring some difficulties ), skin and fur are not using conventional methods. I draw some painting techniques to simulate the effect.
On the nature of light I divided into six parts, “sun light”, “back light”,”sky light”, shadow, SSAO,SSGI. sun light is a direction light ,it’s simple. back light and sun light are in the opposite direction. The color of back light are according to ground color. Sky light sky is an improvement in the Phong direction light. It is always a downward vertical light. and the lighting range will be greater than the normal direction light (because of air scattering). so “sun light”, “back light”, “sky light” constitute a river light. With SSAO, you will eventually see the video of the effect ( GI will realize in the fature )
If you like rendering, painting and photography will give you inspiration :) .
bstone
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by bstone »

Very interesting. Thanks for the detailed answer. I like the back light and sky light idea - never seen it anywhere else (maybe I haven't been looking hard enough though :)). What you say about the extra benefits of the deferred shading makes sense, but in complex scenes using forward lighting you would often do a z-pass before anything else to avoid running expensive shaders against later occluded pixels. Now I'd think that you could use MRTs to render the depth data into an RTT alongside your z-pass. So in theory you should be able to do all the compositors that require the depth data with forward lighting no problem. That off course doesn't deny the benefits of the deferred shading with regards to handling multiple lights, but for the 3 light sun/back/sky combo one can be fine with the standard shading. Just thinking.
The_Creator
Gnoblar

Post by The_Creator »

Looks great, that forest scene just blow me away.
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

Kissy wrote:This video has blown my mind. Really great job.
I was wondering about the assets. Are you using some already created ? Or did you created it ?

Regards
Yes, we create the assets, not myself. Our Game Art designed the concept of the original painting, created mesh and texture, designed scene layout. I designed material libary of the assets.
Thanks everyone at Ogre3D fourms. Although I didn't share much before, I have been getting help from the forum for a long time and found many of my answers here with a lot of help. I decided to no longer be a silent person and will share my experience and knowledge. My English is not good. So if there is anything that is not clear, please point it out. Last but not least, you're welcome to checkout my post: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73523
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

TheSHEEEP wrote:
QFT! Too bad it is always rather hard to set up. But once you have it running, you get the possibility of eye candy like this :)

You must really have some very talented shader coders to get something that good looking.
Yes, I wrote a lot of shader coders, which requires a perfect rendering workflow to support. The posts of Ogre Forums gave me many inspiration and help :D
Thanks everyone at Ogre3D fourms. Although I didn't share much before, I have been getting help from the forum for a long time and found many of my answers here with a lot of help. I decided to no longer be a silent person and will share my experience and knowledge. My English is not good. So if there is anything that is not clear, please point it out. Last but not least, you're welcome to checkout my post: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73523
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

bstone wrote:Very interesting. Thanks for the detailed answer. I like the back light and sky light idea - never seen it anywhere else (maybe I haven't been looking hard enough though :)). What you say about the extra benefits of the deferred shading makes sense, but in complex scenes using forward lighting you would often do a z-pass before anything else to avoid running expensive shaders against later occluded pixels. Now I'd think that you could use MRTs to render the depth data into an RTT alongside your z-pass. So in theory you should be able to do all the compositors that require the depth data with forward lighting no problem. That off course doesn't deny the benefits of the deferred shading with regards to handling multiple lights, but for the 3 light sun/back/sky combo one can be fine with the standard shading. Just thinking.
Our shader can simultaneously output ColorBuffer, G-Buffer, SpecularBuffer once time. as you say, I do useing MRTs to render all buffers :wink: . This is in order to improve the rendering efficiency. The reason of without useing forward light is the demand of Deferred lighting efficiency much higher. It can make different kinds of light with the deferent detail of SpcularBuffer and ColorBuffer Theoretically speaking. there is no limit to the number of the light source now! :D
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

Now,We also have Height Fog. Fog density can be changed by the height you setting :wink: .
Kissy
Gnoblar

Post by Kissy »

wow, it looks like some pre-generated images. Really impressive.
I wonder what is the FPS while displaying a scene like this ? Is it quite high ?
PhilipLB
Google Summer of Code Student
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by PhilipLB »

That's nice, how does this fog work?
Google Summer of Code 2012 Student
Topic: "Volume Rendering with LOD aimed at terrain"
Project links: Project thread, WIKI page, Code fork for the project
Mentor: Mattan Furst

Volume GFX, accepting donations.
assalier
Kobold

Post by assalier »

Looks awesome! Does your engine based on static maps? How about paging?
jbb
Gnoblar

Post by jbb »

That looks really good, very nice work!
ketoo007
Gnoblar

Post by ketoo007 »

Kissy wrote:wow, it looks like some pre-generated images. Really impressive.
I wonder what is the FPS while displaying a scene like this ? Is it quite high ?
The FPS is about 35 to 40 in the forest scene of Demo video. if the scene is optimized, with same effect, the FPS should be reached at 60 to 80. Video Resolution: 1280x800, GPU: Geforce GTX285.
Height Fog and Depth Fog are together and almost no more spending. I try to use the video recording software to record the demo, But the software decreased FPS :( . Maybe I should use my mobile phone to record a video of the scene.I’ll make a detailed test and the data of test will be posted on the forum :D .
PhilipLB wrote:That's nice, how does this fog work?
First,I get Depth Map from G-Buffer. Second, convert Depth Map to Position Map of world space. Ha, the rest things is very easy :wink: .
assalier wrote:Looks awesome! Does your engine based on static maps? How about paging?
Yes, The Demo base on static maps,we still are using ogre 1.65. after upgrade ot version 1.75,I will consider paging.
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi

Post by DanielSefton »

Looks amazing, congrats! Don't think I've seen anything made with Ogre with such a complete set of shaders working in conjunction with a deferred pipeline. Something Ogre seriously lacks standalone.
microwest
Gnoblar

Post by microwest »

that's a pretty work of your team!
Slappy
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Post by Slappy »

Woow awesome, absolutely amazing!!!

Looking forward to the game!
Cool looking Graphical Installers in NSIS and Inno Setup: http://www.graphical-installer.com - FREE for Ogre projects
I offer NSIS/Inno Setup scripting, C/C++/C#/Delphi programming: http://www.unsigned.sk
Develop NSIS/Inno Setup projects directly in Visual Studio 2005-2015: http://www.visual-installer.com/
or RAD Studio 2009-XE8: http://www.rad-installer.com/