Android build quick start guide

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Android build quick start guide

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Hi,

1. Atm there is no easy but right now i am prepping ready to go sample template (thats why i pimped a bit the FindOgre.cmake) so you have to wait until its done or do it your self ;)

2. I do not use eclipse at all the project files i generate with cmake use ndk-build / ant to make the apk and its ready to use on the device

3. Last weekend i made the other way around a small jni binding so i can pass the java surface to native code and ogre keeps care on the context stuff - atm everything is driven from native code the jni binding is the otherway around you go and create a eclipse project put so file into your libs and the java class (with native functions) and thats it - but its not released there are a few bugs i work out.
NazguL
Kobold

Post by NazguL »

Would it be possible, with the current Android porting, to build all the libraries dynamically instead of static? (like libOgreMain.so ..etc)
Basically I'd like to have all the libraries on the device instead of in the apk.
I've tried changing the OGRE_STATIC=FALSE from the CMakeLists.txt for the Android case, but got into these errors:

CMakeFiles/OgreMain.dir/src/OgreDeflate.cpp.o: In function `Ogre::DeflateStream::destroy()':
/home/alberto/lab126/ogre-src/ogre/OgreMain/src/OgreDeflate.cpp:169: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
CMakeFiles/OgreMain.dir/src/OgreDeflate.cpp.o: In function `Ogre::DeflateStream::seek(unsigned int)':
/home/alberto/lab126/ogre-src/ogre/OgreMain/src/OgreDeflate.cpp:384: undefined reference to `inflateReset'

CMakeFiles/OgreMain.dir/src/OgrePlatformInformation.cpp.o: In function `Ogre::PlatformInformation::getCpuFeatures()':
OgrePlatformInformation.cpp:(.text._ZN4Ogre19PlatformInformation14getCpuFeaturesEv+0x30): undefined reference to `android_getCpuFeatures'
CMakeFiles/OgreMain.dir/src/OgrePlatformInformation.cpp.o: In function `Ogre::PlatformInformation::getCpuIdentifier()':
OgrePlatformInformation.cpp:(.text._ZN4Ogre19PlatformInformation16getCpuIdentifierEv+0x50): undefined reference to `android_getCpuFamily'
OgrePlatformInformation.cpp:(.text._ZN4Ogre19PlatformInformation16getCpuIdentifierEv+0x9c): undefined reference to `android_getCpuFeatures'
CMakeFiles/OgreMain.dir/src/Android/OgreAndroidLogListener.cpp.o: In function `Ogre::AndroidLogListener::messageLogged(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, Ogre::LogMessageLevel, bool, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool&)':
/home/alberto/ogre/ogre_src_mercurial/ogre/OgreMain/src/Android/OgreAndroidLogListener.cpp:21: undefined reference to `__android_log_print'
/home/alberto/ogre/ogre_src_mercurial/ogre/OgreMain/src/Android/OgreAndroidLogListener.cpp:17: undefined reference to `__android_log_print'

Doesn't find the references, just wondering if taking this path would work at all with the current implementation? am I missing something obvious?
crispyjelly
Gnoblar

Post by crispyjelly »

Hi,

I am very new to ogre and I too am trying to create a Android app, I have managed to compile and run the sample browser but I was just wondering if there are any very simple samples out there(I know you have said you are working on a template) for example just some android compatible c++ code to display just a simple 3d mesh? as the sample browser is very good at showing the possibilities but is is also very big and difficult to pull out relevant code for just displaying a mesh.

p.s. great work Wolfmanfx!
mikefalk
Gnoblar

Post by mikefalk »

Hi!
I have a problem. After system upgrade on asus eee pad (to android 4.1) OGRE applications (even SampleBrowser) produces only black screen. Tested ogre 1.8 and 2.1.
There is glsl es errors in program's log.

Code: Select all

[ 10-15 16:48:07.162  8070: 8086 I/OGRE     ]
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in void Ogre::GLSLESProgramManagerCommon::extractUniforms(GLuint, const Ogre::GpuConstantDefinitionMap*, const Ogre::GpuConstantDefinitionMap*, Ogre::GLUniformReferenceList&) at line 227
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in void Ogre::GLSLESProgramManagerCommon::extractUniforms(GLuint, const Ogre::GpuConstantDefinitionMap*, const Ogre::GpuConstantDefinitionMap*, Ogre::GLUniformReferenceList&) at line 227
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 191
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 197
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 205
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 191
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 205
        [ 10-15 16:48:07.172  8070: 8086 I/OGRE     ]
        OpenGL ES2 error 0x0501 GL_INVALID_VALUE in virtual GLint Ogre::GLSLESProgramPipeline::getAttributeIndex(Ogre::VertexElementSemantic, Ogre::uint) at line 197
        [ 10-15 16:48:07.182  8070: 8086 I/OGRE     ]
After some investigation I found that android 4.1 on that device has RSC_SEPARATE_SHADER_OBJECTS capability. But for some reason this capability not working properly and shader programs cannot be properly created. The problem may be solved if turn off that capability, but maybe this is wrong way.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Use branch 1.9 not 1.8
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Maybe thats a driver bug telling it can something that it can not.
rhaith
Kobold

Post by rhaith »

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me?

I have OGRE compiled and the the sample browser working great on my nexus 7.
I'm now trying to compile my own project against Ogre and get it running on android. I'm using cmake and linking against all the ARM libraries that I have precompiled.
I'm hitting dreaded linker errors and I'm stumped on this one. I'm linking against both Rendersystem_GLES2 and OgreStatic.a yet the Rendersystem_GLES2 is throwing unresolved externals that look like they should be in OgreMainStatic.

/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreAndroidEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre16AndroidEGLWindowE+0xbc): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::isPrimary() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreAndroidEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre16AndroidEGLWindowE+0x13c): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::isFullScreen() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreAndroidEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre16AndroidEGLWindowE+0x140): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::getMetrics(unsigned int&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, int&, int&)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o): In function `~RenderWindow':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/OgreMain/include/OgreRenderWindow.h:63: undefined reference to `vtable for Ogre::RenderWindow'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/OgreMain/include/OgreRenderWindow.h:63: undefined reference to `vtable for Ogre::RenderWindow'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o): In function `EGLWindow':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/EGL/OgreEGLWindow.cpp:54: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::RenderWindow()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/EGL/OgreEGLWindow.cpp:54: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::RenderWindow()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4Ogre9EGLWindowE+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for Ogre::RenderWindow'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre9EGLWindowE+0xbc): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::isPrimary() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre9EGLWindowE+0x13c): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::isFullScreen() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreEGLWindow.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre9EGLWindowE+0x140): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderWindow::getMetrics(unsigned int&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, int&, int&)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `~Texture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/OgreMain/include/OgreTexture.h:110: undefined reference to `vtable for Ogre::Texture'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `GLES2Texture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2Texture.cpp:63: undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::Texture(Ogre::ResourceManager*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool, Ogre::ManualResourceLoader*)'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2Texture.cpp:63: undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::Texture(Ogre::ResourceManager*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool, Ogre::ManualResourceLoader*)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `~GLES2Texture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2Texture.cpp:77: undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::freeInternalResources()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `~STLAllocator':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/OgreMain/include/OgreMemorySTLAllocator.h:108: undefined reference to `vtable for Ogre::Texture'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `~GLES2Texture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2Texture.cpp:77: undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::freeInternalResources()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `~STLAllocator':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/OgreMain/include/OgreMemorySTLAllocator.h:108: undefined reference to `vtable for Ogre::Texture'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o): In function `Ogre::GLES2Texture::prepareImpl()':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2Texture.cpp:340: undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::getSourceFileType() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for Ogre::Texture'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x3c): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::unloadImpl()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x40): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::calculateSize() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x114): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::createInternalResources()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x118): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::freeInternalResources()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x11c): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::copyToTexture(Ogre::TexturePtr&)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x120): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::loadImage(Ogre::Image const&)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x124): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::loadRawData(Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::DataStream>&, unsigned short, unsigned short, Ogre::PixelFormat)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x128): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::_loadImages(std::vector<Ogre::Image const*, Ogre::STLAllocator<Ogre::Image const*, Ogre::CategorisedAllocPolicy<(Ogre::MemoryCategory)0> > > const&)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x138): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::setFormat(Ogre::PixelFormat)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x13c): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::hasAlpha() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x140): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::setDesiredIntegerBitDepth(unsigned short)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x144): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::getDesiredIntegerBitDepth() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x148): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::setDesiredFloatBitDepth(unsigned short)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x14c): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::getDesiredFloatBitDepth() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x150): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::setDesiredBitDepths(unsigned short, unsigned short)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x154): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::setTreatLuminanceAsAlpha(bool)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x158): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::getTreatLuminanceAsAlpha() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x15c): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::getNumFaces() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2Texture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre12GLES2TextureE+0x164): undefined reference to `Ogre::Texture::convertToImage(Ogre::Image&, bool)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2FBORenderTexture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre21GLES2FBORenderTextureE+0xa0): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::copyContentsToMemory(Ogre::PixelBox const&, Ogre::RenderTarget::FrameBuffer)'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2FBORenderTexture.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN4Ogre21GLES2FBORenderTextureE+0xa4): undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::suggestPixelFormat() const'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp.o): In function `~GLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:51: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::~HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:51: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::~HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp.o): In function `GLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:40: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:43: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::~HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:40: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp:43: undefined reference to `Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery::~HardwareOcclusionQuery()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2HardwareOcclusionQuery.cpp.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4Ogre27GLES2HardwareOcclusionQueryE+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for Ogre::HardwareOcclusionQuery'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp.o): In function `~GLES2RenderTexture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:96: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::~RenderTexture()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:96: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::~RenderTexture()'
/home/brett/dev/SDKs/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/user/lib/OGRE/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a(OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp.o): In function `GLES2RenderTexture':
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:87: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::RenderTexture(Ogre::HardwarePixelBuffer*, unsigned int)'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:92: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::~RenderTexture()'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:87: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::RenderTexture(Ogre::HardwarePixelBuffer*, unsigned int)'
/home/brett/dev/src/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/OgreGLES2RenderTexture.cpp:92: undefined reference to `Ogre::RenderTexture::~RenderTexture()'
There's a bit more but that about sums it up. I'm linking against EGL as well so I have no idea why it can't find these definitions that are right in front of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

You must take care about the order first the RenderSystem lib than the OgreMain lib in the Android.mk
rhaith
Kobold

Post by rhaith »

Yup that worked. Thanks a ton for the help, was getting close to snapping another keyboard too.
mikefalk
Gnoblar

Post by mikefalk »

Wolfmanfx wrote:Maybe thats a driver bug telling it can something that it can not.
I will try 1.9 and write about results. Thank you for answer.
mikefalk
Gnoblar

Post by mikefalk »

Ogre 1.9 doesn't solve the problem. Obviously this is the problem of drivers. Thanks
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

i will disable this feature for your device can you post me the log
mikefalk
Gnoblar

Post by mikefalk »

Ok, log is in attachment
Attachments
android_4_1_log_error.log
(132.77 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
highflyers007
Gnoblar

Post by highflyers007 »

I am trying to dynamically link the ogre libraries. I was able to get past linking libraries for the samples except the sample browser.

Here is the log..

Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/Sample_SSAO.so
[100%] Built target Sample_SSAO
Scanning dependencies of target SampleBrowserDummy
[100%] Building CXX object Samples/Browser/CMakeFiles/SampleBrowserDummy.dir/dummy.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/libSampleBrowserDummy.so
Updated and renamed default.properties to project.properties
Updated local.properties
No project name specified, using Activity name 'NativeActivity'.
If you wish to change it, edit the first line of build.xml.
Added file /home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/build_dynamic/SampleBrowserNDK/build.xml
Added file /home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/build_dynamic/SampleBrowserNDK/proguard-project.txt
make[3]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add `+' to parent make rule.
Compile++ thumb : OgreSampleBrowser <= FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:28:33: error: FileSystemLayerImpl.h: No such file or directory
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:32: error: 'FileSystemLayerImpl' has not been declared
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:36: error: 'FileSystemLayerImpl' has not been declared
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:36: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Ogre' with no type
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:36: error: expected ',' or '...' before '::' token
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:40: error: 'FileSystemLayerImpl' has not been declared
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:40: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Ogre' with no type
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:40: error: expected ',' or '...' before '::' token
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:40: error: non-member function 'bool OgreBites::fileExists(int)' cannot have cv-qualifier
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp: In function 'bool OgreBites::fileExists(int)':
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:42: error: 'path' was not declared in this scope
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:42: error: 'access' was not declared in this scope
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp: At global scope:
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:45: error: 'FileSystemLayerImpl' has not been declared
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:45: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Ogre' with no type
/home/mihir/workspace/ogre_3d/Samples/Browser/src/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.cpp:45: error: expected ',' or '...' before '::' token
make[3]: *** [obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs/OgreSampleBrowser/FileSystemLayerImpl_Android.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [lib/libSampleBrowserDummy.so] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Samples/Browser/CMakeFiles/SampleBrowserDummy.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you help me out on this.??
Emerich
Halfling

Post by Emerich »

Hello there!

I am looking into OGRE for my Master Thesis and I'd like to create a little Android app for it, too.
After some hassle with trying different branches etc. I managed to get the whole thing compiled using the given quickstart guide and deps.
Sadly the cmake command didn't spit out any build.xml. So when I try to "ant debug" the whole SampleBrowserNDK it just tells me "Buildfile: build.xml does not exist! \n Build failed". Any hints on what went wrong? Maybe I missed a step?

Thanks in advance!

Oh here's my build log:

>cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_TOO
IN_FILE=..\cmake\toolchain\android.toolchain.cmake -DOGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR=.
droidDependencies -DANDROID_ABI=armeabi -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=9 ..
-- Configuring OGRE 1.9.0unstable
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_HAS_SSE
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_HAS_SSE - Failed
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Failed
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - done
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Search path: C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies;C:/User
erix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/Dependencies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/De
encies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/../Dependencies;C:/Users/Emeri
opbox/msc/ogre/../Dependencies
-- Looking for ZLIB...
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Found ZLIB: optimized;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencie
b/armeabi/libz.a;debug;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies/
armeabi/libz.a
-- Looking for ZZip...
-- Found ZZip: optimized;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencie
b/armeabi/libzzip.a;debug;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependenci
ib/armeabi/libzzip.a
-- Looking for FreeImage...
-- Found FreeImage: optimized;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDepend
es/lib/armeabi/libfreeimage.a;debug;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/Android
ndencies/lib/armeabi/libfreeimage.a
-- Looking for FREETYPE...
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies;C
ers/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/Dependencies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/o
Dependencies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/../Dependencies;C:/Users
rix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv5te-linux-gnu
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies;C
ers/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/Dependencies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/o
Dependencies;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built/../Dependencies;C:/Users
rix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv5te-linux-gnu
-- Found FREETYPE: optimized;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDepende
s/lib/armeabi/libfreetype.a;debug;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDe
encies/lib/armeabi/libfreetype.a
-- Looking for POCO...
-- Could not locate POCO
-- Looking for TBB...
-- Could not locate TBB
-- Looking for GLSL_Optimizer...
-- GLSL_Optimizer_PREFIX_PATH changed.
-- Could not locate GLSL_Optimizer
-- Looking for HLSL2GLSL...
-- HLSL2GLSL_PREFIX_PATH changed.
-- Could not locate HLSL2GLSL
-- Looking for OIS...
-- OIS_PREFIX_PATH changed.
-- Found OIS: optimized;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies
/armeabi/libOIS.a;debug;C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/AndroidDependencies
/armeabi/libOIS.a
-- Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)
-- Looking for Softimage...
-- Softimage_PREFIX_PATH changed.
-- Could not locate Softimage
-- Looking for CppUnit...
-- Could not locate CppUnit
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these packages
+ zlib
+ zziplib
+ freeimage
+ freetype
+ OpenGL ES 1.x
+ OpenGL ES 2.x
+ OIS
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ boost: Boost (general) <http://boost.org>
+ boost-thread: Used for threading support <http://boost.org>
+ boost-date_time: Used for threading support <http://boost.org>
+ POCO: POCO framework <http://pocoproject.org/>
+ tbb: Threading Building Blocks <http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/>
+ GLSL Optimizer: GLSL Optimizer <http://github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/>
+ HLSL2GLSL: HLSL2GLSL <http://hlsl2glslfork.googlecode.com/>
+ Doxygen: Tool for building API documentation <http://doxygen.org>
+ Softimage: Softimage SDK needed for building XSIExporter <FALSE>
+ CppUnit: Library for performing unit tests <http://cppunit.sourceforge.net

--
  FEATURE SUMMARY

Building components:
  + RTShader System
  + RTShader System Core Shaders
  + RTShader System Extensions Shaders
  + Overlay
Building plugins:
  + Octree scene manager
  + Particle FX
Building rendersystems:
  + OpenGL ES 2.x
Building executables:
  + Samples
Building core features:
  + DDS image codec
  + PVRTC image codec
  + ETC1 image codec
  + FreeImage codec
  + ZIP archives

Build type:                      static
Threading support:               none
Use double precision:            disabled
Allocator type:                  nedmalloc (pooling)
STL containers use allocator:    enabled
Strings use allocator:           disabled
Memory tracker (debug):          disabled
Memory tracker (release):        disabled
Use new script compilers:
Use Boost:                       disabled

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/Users/Emerix/Dropbox/msc/ogre/built
highflyers007
Gnoblar

Post by highflyers007 »

You need to do a make after doing cmake.!!!
the make command will do the ant debug as well..so u need not do it later..
Emerich
Halfling

Post by Emerich »

highflyers007 wrote:You need to do a make after doing cmake.!!!
the make command will do the ant debug as well..so u need not do it later..
Hey thanks! Since I'm on windows I can only do nmake instead of just "make"- suppose that's correct? Do I need to run any parameters?

I ask because nmake crashed mid compile

At global scope:
cc1plus.exe: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-but-set-par
meter"
Linking CXX static library ..\lib\libOgreMainStatic.a
D:\android\ndk\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-
inux-androideabi-ranlib.exe: unable to rename '..\lib\libOgreMainStatic.a'; rea
on: File exists
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ""D:\android\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe"": Rückgabe-Cod
 "0x1"
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ""d:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.
\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"": Rückgabe-Code "0x2"
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ""d:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.
\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"": Rückgabe-Code "0x2"
Stop.
original_red
Gnoblar

Post by original_red »

I'm having some issues with building latest ogre (2.1.0unstable) on opensuse 12.2...

Followed the instructions on the quick start (tried ndk-r8 and ndk-r8b) and all I got was errors - here's the output:

red@linux-4jzo:~/ogre-2.1/build> cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="`pwd`/../CMake/toolchain/android.toolchain.cmake" -DOGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR="`pwd`/../AndroidDependencies" -DANDROID_ABI=armeabi-v7a -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=14 ..
-- Using default path for standalone toolchain /opt/android-toolchain
--   If you prefer to use a different location, please define the variable: ANDROID_STANDALONE_TOOLCHAIN
-- Configuring OGRE 2.1.0unstable
-- Check size of void*
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Detected g++ 4.4.3

-- Enabling GCC visibility flags
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Using unsigned short
-- Search path: /home/red/ogre-2.1/AndroidDependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/../Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/../Dependencies
-- Looking for ZLIB...
-- Could NOT find PKG_CONFIG (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE) 
-- Found ZLIB: optimized;/opt/android-toolchain/sysroot/usr/lib/libz.so;debug;/opt/android-toolchain/sysroot/usr/lib/libz.so
-- Looking for ZZip...
-- Could not locate ZZip
-- Could not locate FreeImage
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: /home/red/ogre-2.1/AndroidDependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/../Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv7-a-linux-gnu
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: /home/red/ogre-2.1/AndroidDependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/build/../Dependencies;/home/red/ogre-2.1/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv7-a-linux-gnu
-- Could not locate FREETYPE
-- Looking for POCO...
-- Could not locate POCO
-- Looking for TBB...
-- Could not locate TBB
-- Looking for OIS...
-- Could not locate OIS
CMake Error at CMake/Utils/MacroLogFeature.cmake:100 (MESSAGE):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.

-- Please install them before continuing this software installation.

-- If you are in Windows, try passing -DOGRE_DEPENDENCIES_DIR=<path to
  dependencies>

+ freetype: Portable font engine <http://www.freetype.org>

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/Dependencies.cmake:254 (MACRO_DISPLAY_FEATURE_LOG)
  CMakeLists.txt:194 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
any help would be appreciated.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

You need to build the 1.9 branch
Ologon
Halfling

Post by Ologon »

Hi! I'm considering porting my project to Android and I'd like to ask: is Ogre currently in an usable state or should I wait for Ogre 1.9 to become stable?
Thanks a lot for the hard work on this port.
Wolfmanfx
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by Wolfmanfx »

Yes its usable - but we are still actively developing in this branch so it happens sometimes that we break something :) but the more ppl use the better it is to get tested on many devices.
dudeabot
Gnome

Post by dudeabot »

from the wiki:
Here we target the lowest possible API - which is API10 Android 2.3.3.

im fairly new to this

but isnt it a best practice to target the lastest api and on the AndroidManifest define the minSDK?

thanks!
dudeabot
Gnome

Post by dudeabot »

is this normal behavior?

-- Looking for ZLIB...
-- Found ZLIB: optimized;C:/android-ndk-r8/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/libz.so;debug;C:/android-ndk-r8/platform
s/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/libz.so
here is the full log btw

c:\ogresource\build>cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=..\cmake\toolchain\android.toolchain.cmake -DOGRE_D
EPENDENCIES_DIR=..\AndroidDependencies -DANDROID_ABI=armeabi -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=9 ..
-- Configuring OGRE 1.9.0unstable
-- Check size of void*
-- Performing Test OGRE_GCC_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Detected g++ 4.4.3

-- Enabling GCC visibility flags
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Using unsigned short
-- Search path: C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies;C:/ogresource/build/Dependencies;C:/ogresource/Dependencies;C:/ogresou
rce/build/../Dependencies;C:/ogresource/../Dependencies
-- Looking for ZLIB...
-- Found ZLIB: optimized;C:/android-ndk-r8/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/libz.so;debug;C:/android-ndk-r8/platform
s/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/libz.so
-- Looking for ZZip...
-- Found ZZip: optimized;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies/lib/armeabi/libzzip.a;debug;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies
/lib/armeabi/libzzip.a
-- Found FreeImage: optimized;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies/lib/armeabi/libFreeImage.a;debug;C:/ogresource/AndroidDe
pendencies/lib/armeabi/libFreeImage.a
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies;C:/ogresource/build/Dependencies;C:/ogresource/Dependencies;C:/o
gresource/build/../Dependencies;C:/ogresource/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv5te-linux-gnu
-- CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies;C:/ogresource/build/Dependencies;C:/ogresource/Dependencies;C:/o
gresource/build/../Dependencies;C:/ogresource/../Dependencies;/usr/local;/usr/lib/armv5te-linux-gnu
-- Found FREETYPE: optimized;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies/lib/armeabi/libfreetype.a;debug;C:/ogresource/AndroidDepe
ndencies/lib/armeabi/libfreetype.a
-- Looking for POCO...
-- Could not locate POCO
-- Looking for TBB...
-- Could not locate TBB
-- Looking for OIS...
-- Found OIS: optimized;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies/lib/armeabi/libOIS.a;debug;C:/ogresource/AndroidDependencies/l
ib/armeabi/libOIS.a
--
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these packages.
+ zlib
+ zziplib
+ freeimage
+ freetype
+ OpenGL ES 1.x
+ OpenGL ES 2.x
+ OIS
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ boost: Boost (general) <http://boost.org>
+ boost-thread: Used for threading support <http://boost.org>
+ boost-date_time: Used for threading support <http://boost.org>
+ POCO: POCO framework <http://pocoproject.org/>
+ tbb: Threading Building Blocks <http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/>
+ GLSL Optimizer: GLSL Optimizer <http://github.com/aras-p/glsl-optimizer/>
+ HLSL2GLSL: HLSL2GLSL <http://hlsl2glslfork.googlecode.com/>
+ Doxygen: Tool for building API documentation <http://doxygen.org>
+ Softimage: Softimage SDK needed for building XSIExporter <FALSE>
+ CppUnit: Library for performing unit tests <http://cppunit.sourceforge.net>

--
  FEATURE SUMMARY

Building components:
  + RTShader System
  + RTShader System Core Shaders
  + RTShader System Extensions Shaders
  + Overlay
Building plugins:
  + Octree scene manager
  + Particle FX
Building rendersystems:
  + OpenGL ES 2.x
Building executables:
  + Samples
Building core features:
  + DDS image codec
  + PVRTC image codec
  + ETC1 image codec
  + FreeImage codec
  + ZIP archives

Build type:                      static
Threading support:               none
Use double precision:            disabled
Allocator type:                  nedmalloc (pooling)
STL containers use allocator:    enabled
Strings use allocator:           disabled
Memory tracker (debug):          disabled
Memory tracker (release):        disabled
Use new script compilers:
Use Boost:                       disabled

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/ogresource/build
shouldnt it be loking for libzlib.a on dependencies dir, instead of android ndk dir?

im getting tons of errors when i reached 100% and trying to compile ogreSampleBrowser. Errors regarding zzip.

Im rebuilding everything right now but not for armv7 this time, but the above line is bugging me.
dudeabot
Gnome

Post by dudeabot »

RESOLVED
Flahsed to android ICS, now it works just fine :)

========================================================================================================

sry for so many posts, but finnally i compiled using NDK r8c, and the dependencies provided on site, everything compiles fine and runs fine, but no textuers are showed, just bland colors and quads =(

My device is a samsung galaxy S2 2.3.6, I compiled for ARMV5 , apparently everything is fine on log:

I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resource group General
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resource group Internal
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resource group Autodetect
I/OGRE    (27291): SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Material
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): ArchiveFactory for archive type EmbeddedZip registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): DDS codec registering
I/OGRE    (27291): FreeImage version: 3.15.3
I/OGRE    (27291): This program uses FreeImage, a free, open source image library supporting all com
mon bitmap formats. See http://freeimage.sourceforge.net for details
I/OGRE    (27291): Supported formats: bmp,ico,jpg,jif,jpeg,jpe,jng,koa,iff,lbm,mng,pbm,pbm,pcd,pcx,p
gm,pgm,png,ppm,ppm,ras,tga,targa,tif,tiff,wap,wbmp,wbm,psd,cut,xbm,xpm,gif,hdr,g3,sgi,exr,j2k,j2c,jp
2,pfm,pct,pict,pic,3fr,arw,bay,bmq,cap,cine,cr2,crw,cs1,dc2,dcr,drf,dsc,dng,erf,fff,ia,iiq,k25,kc2,k
dc,mdc,mef,mos,mrw,nef,nrw,orf,pef,ptx,pxn,qtk,raf,raw,rdc,rw2,rwl,rwz,sr2,srf,srw,sti
I/OGRE    (27291): PVRTC codec registering
I/OGRE    (27291): ETC1 codec registering
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
E/OGRE    (27291): OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): 'plugins.cfg' file not found! in ConfigF
ile::load at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreConfigFile.cpp (line 88)
I/OGRE    (27291): plugins.cfg not found, automatic plugin loading disabled.
I/OGRE    (27291): *-*-* OGRE Initialising
I/OGRE    (27291): *-*-* Version 1.9.0unstable (Ghadamon)
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: OpenGL ES 2.0 RenderSystem
I/OGRE    (27291): OpenGL ES 2.x Rendering Subsystem created.
D/libEGL  (27291): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so
D/libEGL  (27291): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so
D/libEGL  (27291): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_mali.so
I/        (27291): !@Mali Android API Version : 7 [1352988205]
I/OGRE    (27291): Plugin successfully installed
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Octree Scene Manager
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: ParticleFX
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'Point' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'Box' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'Ellipsoid' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'Cylinder' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'Ring' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Emitter Type 'HollowEllipsoid' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'LinearForce' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'ColourFader2' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'ColourImage' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'ColourInterpolator' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'Scaler' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'Rotator' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'DirectionRandomiser' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Affector Type 'DeflectorPlane' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): CPU Identifier & Features
I/OGRE    (27291): -------------------------
I/OGRE    (27291):  *   CPU ID: ARMv7
I/OGRE    (27291):  *      VFP: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  *     NEON: yes
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Texture
I/OGRE    (27291): GLES2RenderSystem::_createRenderWindow "OgreWindow", 0x0 windowed  miscParams: an
droidConfig=1271856 externalWindowHandle=1451888
D/CLIPBOARD(27291): Hide Clipboard dialog at Starting input: finished by someone else... !
I/AudioFlinger( 2588): stop output streamType (0, 1) for 1
I/OGRE    (27291): GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
I/OGRE    (27291): GL_VENDOR = ARM
I/OGRE    (27291): GL_RENDERER = Mali-400 MP
I/OGRE    (27291): GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_st
andard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_dep
th_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_texture_npot
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_standard_derivatives
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_EGL_image
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_depth24
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_ARM_rgba8
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_depth_texture
I/OGRE    (27291): EXT:GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil
I/OGRE    (27291): **************************************
I/OGRE    (27291): *** OpenGL ES 2.x Renderer Started ***
I/OGRE    (27291): **************************************
I/OGRE    (27291): GLSL ES support detected
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type GpuProgram
I/OGRE    (27291): GL ES 2: Using FBOs for rendering to textures
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_R5G6B5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D24
S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_B5G6R5 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D24
S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_A4R4G4B4 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_A8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_A8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_B8G8R8A8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_X8R8G8B8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): FBO PF_X8B8G8R8 depth/stencil support: D0S0 D0S8 D16S0 D16S8 D24S0 D24S8 Packed-D
24S8
I/OGRE    (27291): [GLES2] : Valid FBO targets PF_R5G6B5 PF_B5G6R5 PF_A4R4G4B4 PF_A8R8G8B8 PF_A8B8G8
R8 PF_B8G8R8A8 PF_X8R8G8B8 PF_X8B8G8R8
I/OGRE    (27291): RenderSystem capabilities
I/OGRE    (27291): RenderSystem Name: OpenGL ES 2.x Rendering Subsystem
I/OGRE    (27291): GPU Vendor: arm
I/OGRE    (27291): Device Name: Mali-400 MP
I/OGRE    (27291): Driver Version: 0.0.0.0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Fixed function pipeline: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Hardware generation of mipmaps: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Texture blending: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Anisotropic texture filtering: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Dot product texture operation: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Cube mapping: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Hardware stencil buffer: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):    - Stencil depth: 8
I/OGRE    (27291):    - Two sided stencil support: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):    - Wrap stencil values: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Hardware vertex / index buffers: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Vertex programs: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for vertex programs: 128
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for vertex programs: 128
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for vertex programs: 128
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Fragment programs: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for fragment programs: 1024
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for fragment programs: 1024
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for fragment programs: 1024
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Geometry programs: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for geometry programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for geometry programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for geometry programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Tesselation Hull programs: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for tesselation hull programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for tesselation hull programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for tesselation hull programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Tesselation Domain programs: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for tesselation domain programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for tesselation domain programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for tesselation domain programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Compute programs: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of floating-point constants for compute programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of integer constants for compute programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of boolean constants for compute programs: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Supported Shader Profiles: glsles
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Texture Compression: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Scissor Rectangle: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Hardware Occlusion Query: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * User clip planes: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * VET_UBYTE4 vertex element type: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Infinite far plane projection: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Hardware render-to-texture: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Floating point textures: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Non-power-of-two textures: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * 1d textures: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Volume textures: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Multiple Render Targets: 1
I/OGRE    (27291):    - With different bit depths: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Point Sprites: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Extended point parameters: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Max Point Size: 0.000000
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Vertex texture fetch: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of world matrices: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of texture units: 8
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Stencil buffer depth: 8
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Number of vertex blend matrices: 0
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Render to Vertex Buffer : no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * GL 1.5 without VBO workaround: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Frame Buffer objects: yes
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Frame Buffer objects (ARB extension): no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Frame Buffer objects (ATI extension): no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * PBuffer support: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * GL 1.5 without HW-occlusion workaround: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Vertex Array Objects: no
I/OGRE    (27291):  * Separate shader objects: no
I/OGRE    (27291): DefaultWorkQueue('Root') initialising on thread main.
I/OGRE    (27291): Particle Renderer Type 'billboard' registered
I/OGRE    (27291): SceneManagerFactory for type 'OctreeSceneManager' registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): ArchiveFactory for archive type APKFileSystem registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): ArchiveFactory for archive type APKZip registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
I/OGRE    (27291): Registering ResourceManager for type Font
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resource group Essential
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/thumbnails' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group '
Essential'
D/szipinf (27291): Initializing inflate state
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/SdkTrays.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group
'Essential'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group 'General'
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resource group Popular
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/fonts' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group 'Popul
ar'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/programs' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource
 group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/scripts' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource
group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/textures' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource
 group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/textures/nvidia' of type 'APKFileSystem' to r
esource group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/models' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group 'Popu
lar'
D/dalvikvm(24396): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 27K, 53% free 4619K/9671K, external 17181K/17185K, paused
 512ms
D/GLSurfaceViewGroup(24396): Skipped drawing due to suspendDrawingUntilResume()
I/GLThread(24396): onPause tid=10
I/Main thread(24396): onPause waiting for mPaused.
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/particle' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group 'Po
pular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/RTShaderLib' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resource group
'Popular'
I/GLThread(24396): mPaused is now true tid=10
I/GLThread(24396): releasing EGL surface because paused tid=10
W/EglHelper(24396): destroySurface()  tid=10
W/EglHelper(24396): finish() tid=10
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/RTShaderLib/materials' of type 'APKFileSystem' to resou
rce group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/scripts/SSAO' of type 'APKFileSystem' to reso
urce group 'Popular'
I/GLThread(24396): releasing EGL context because paused tid=10
D/CLIPBOARD(24396): Hide Clipboard dialog at Starting input: finished by someone else... !
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/materials/textures/SSAO' of type 'APKFileSystem' to res
ource group 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/cubemap.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group '
Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/cubemapsJS.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource grou
p 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/dragon.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group 'P
opular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/fresneldemo.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource gro
up 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/ogretestmap.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource gro
up 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/ogredance.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group
 'Popular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/Sinbad.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group 'P
opular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Added resource location '/packs/skybox.zip' of type 'APKZip' to resource group 'P
opular'
I/OGRE    (27291): Initialising resource group Essential
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing scripts for resource group Essential
I/GLThread(24396): noticed surfaceView surface lost tid=10
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SdkTrays.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SdkTrays.fontdef
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SdkTrays.overlay
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_cursor.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware gen
erated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) with 6 hardware gener
ated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,64x64x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_button_up.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x32x1) with 7 hardware
 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware g
enerated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_mini_tray.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware
generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_track.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x32x1) with 5 hardware gene
rated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,16x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_handle.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,16x16x1) with 4 hardware gen
erated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,16x16x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_mini_text_box.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardw
are generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_label.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware gene
rated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
E/BatteryService( 2707): TMU status = 0
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_separator.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x16x1) with 6 hardware
generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,64x16x1.
D/PhoneUtils( 2886): updateRAFT() : FactoryMode :
D/BatteryService( 2707): update start
D/BatteryService( 2707): updateBattery level:100 scale:100 status:5 health:2 present:true voltage: 4
135 temperature: 340 technology: Li-ion AC powered:false USB powered:true icon:17302211
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_logo.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x64x1) with 7 hardware gene
rated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x64x1.
I/StatusBarPolicy( 2849): BAT. S:5 H:2
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_shade.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,64x64x1) with 6 hardware gene
rated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,64x64x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_frame.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5 hardware gene
rated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_mini_text_box_over.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 5
hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,32x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_pulse.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,8x1x1) with 3 hardware generate
d mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_R8G8B8,8x1x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Finished parsing scripts for resource group Essential
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resources for group Essential
I/OGRE    (27291): All done
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: sdk_bands.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,2x32x1) with 5 hardware gener
ated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,2x32x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Initialising resource group Popular
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing scripts for resource group Popular
W/PowerManagerService( 2707): Timer 0x7->0x3|0x0
I/PowerManagerService( 2707): Ulight 7->3|0
D/PowerManagerService( 2707): setLightBrightness : mButtonLight : 0
I/ALSAModule( 2588): Terminated ALSA PLAYBACK device hifi
I/OGRE    (27291): Font SdkTrays/Caption using texture size 512x256
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Caption
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: SdkTrays/CaptionTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1) Internal
format is PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Font SdkTrays/Value using texture size 512x256
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 127 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 128 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 129 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 130 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 131 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 132 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 133 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 134 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 135 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 136 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 137 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 138 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 139 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 140 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 141 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 142 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 143 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 144 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 145 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 146 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 147 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 148 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 149 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 150 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 151 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 152 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 153 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 154 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 155 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 156 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 157 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 158 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 159 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Info: Freetype returned null for character 160 in font SdkTrays/Value
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: SdkTrays/ValueTexture: Loading 1 faces(PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1) Internal fo
rmat is PF_BYTE_LA,512x256x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Instancing.program
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script DualQuaternion.program
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples.program
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script StdQuad_vp.program
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script GBuffer.program
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ASCII.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ASMSwizzle.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in (1): , Shader name: Ogre/G
PTest/Swizzle_GP_ASM
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script BlackAndWhite.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Bloom.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Bloom2.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script CGSwizzle.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script CompositorDemo.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script DOF.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script DepthShadowmap.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Dither.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script DualQuaternion.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Embossed.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Example-Water.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples-Advanced.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in (524): , Shader name: Exam
ples/FresnelRefractReflectPS
I/OGRE    (27291): Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in (787): , Shader name: Exam
ples/TextureArrayPSasm
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples-DynTex.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples-Water.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script GLSLSwizzle.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Glass.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HWInstancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HW_VTFInstancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HW_VTF_LUTInstancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Halftone.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HeatVision.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Hurt.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script InstancingMisc.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Invert.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script IsoSurf.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Laplace.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script MRTtest.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script MotionBlur.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script NightVision.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Ocean.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script OffsetMapping.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Compiler error: object unsupported by render system in (35): , Shader name: Examp
les/OffsetMappingPSAsm
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Ogre.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script OldMovie.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script OldTV.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ParticleGS.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Penguin.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Posterize.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script RZR-002.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script RadialBlur.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ShaderInstancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ShaderSystem.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SharpenEdges.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Tesselation.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Tiling.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script VTFInstancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script VarianceShadowmap.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script facial.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script hdr.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script instancing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script pssm.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script shadows.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script sibenik.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script smoke.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script DualQuaternionSkinning_Shadow.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HardwareSkinningShadow.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script RTShaderSystem.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script TriplanarTexturing.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script CreaseShading.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Crytek.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script GBuffer.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HemisphereMC.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script HorizonBased.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Modulate.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SSAOPost.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ShowDepth.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ShowNormals.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script ShowViewPos.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script UnsharpMask.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Volumetric.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script RomanBath.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Sinbad.material
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples-Water.particle
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples.particle
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script emitted_emitter.particle
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script smoke.particle
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script Examples.compositor
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SSAO.compositor
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script SSAOPost.compositor
I/OGRE    (27291): Parsing script sample.fontdef
I/OGRE    (27291): Finished parsing scripts for resource group Popular
I/OGRE    (27291): Creating resources for group Popular
I/OGRE    (27291): All done
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Bezier Patch Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Camera Tracking Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Cel-shading Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Character Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Compositor Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Cube Mapping Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Bump Mapping Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Dynamic Texturing Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Facial Animation Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Fresnel Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Grass Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Lighting Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Particle Effects Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Shadows Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Skeletal Animation Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Sky Box Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Sky Dome Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Sky Plane Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Smoke Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Sphere Mapping Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Texture Effects Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Installing plugin: Transparency Sample
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_bezier.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_bump.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware g
enerated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_camtrack.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwa
re generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_cel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware ge
nerated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_char.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware gen
erated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_comp.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware g
enerated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_cubemap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwar
e generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_dyntex.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_facial.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_fresnel.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwar
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_grass.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_lighting.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwa
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_particles.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardw
are generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_shadows.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_R8G8B8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_skelanim.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwa
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_skybox.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_skydome.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwar
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_skyplane.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardwa
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_smoke.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_spheremap.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardw
are generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8B8G8R8,128x128x1.
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_texfx.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
I/OGRE    (27291): Texture: thumb_trans.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,128x128x1) with 5 hardware
D/dalvikvm(24396): GC_EXPLICIT freed 18K, 53% free 4605K/9671K, external 14650K/16698K, paused 31ms
sknipas
Gnoblar

Post by sknipas »

SampleBrowser compiles successfully and the freeimage lib is found but wont link.
I am using ndk r8 on ubuntu 10.10. Any suggestions?

FYI SampleBrowser looks like this