Linker Problems Building on iOS ARM V7

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Linker Problems Building on iOS ARM V7

Post by Kraythe »

Greetings,

I am trying to build Ogre3d 1.8.1 on iOS using Xcode 4.5.2 and I am getting a lot of linker issues that I was hoping you gentlemen could help me work out. I used CMAKE to generate the Xcode project as I read in several tutorials:

Code: Select all

cmake -D OGRE_BUILD_PLATFORM_APPLE_IOS=1 -G Xcode
As a result stuff builds but then fails to link:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug-iphoneos'
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/OgreSDK/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7s:
  "Ogre::Singleton<SharedData>::msSingleton", referenced from:
      Ogre::Singleton<SharedData>::getSingleton() in SampleBrowser.o
      Ogre::Singleton<SharedData>::getSingletonPtr() in SampleBrowser.o
      Ogre::Singleton<SharedData>::~Singleton() in SampleBrowser.o
      Ogre::Singleton<SharedData>::Singleton() in SampleBrowser.o
  "boost::system::system_category()", referenced from:
      boost::thread_exception::thread_exception(int, char const*) in SampleBrowser.o
      ___cxx_global_var_init3 in SampleBrowser.o
      ___cxx_global_var_init3 in FileSystemLayerImpl_iOS.o
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreCompositor.o)
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreConfigFile.o)
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreLogManager.o)
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreQuaternion.o)
  "WaterMesh::updateMesh(float)", referenced from:
      Sample_Water::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "DeferredShadingSystem::initialize()", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "vtable for GaussianBlurLogic", referenced from:
      GaussianBlurLogic::GaussianBlurLogic() in SampleBrowser.o
  NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
  "GeomUtils::createSphere(std::string const&, float, int, int, bool, bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::createSampleLights() in SampleBrowser.o
  "DeferredShadingSystem::DeferredShadingSystem(Ogre::Viewport*, Ogre::SceneManager*, Ogre::Camera*)", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "DeferredShadingSystem::setSSAO(bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::checkBoxToggled(OgreBites::CheckBox*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "vtable for HeatVisionLogic", referenced from:
      HeatVisionLogic::HeatVisionLogic() in SampleBrowser.o
  NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.
  "DeferredShadingSystem::POST_GBUFFER_RENDER_QUEUE", referenced from:
  "Sample_ShaderSystem::Sample_ShaderSystem()", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::setup() in SampleBrowser.o
  "loadAllMaterialControlFiles(std::vector<MaterialControls, Ogre::STLAllocator<MaterialControls, Ogre::CategorisedAllocPolicy<(Ogre::MemoryCategory)0> > >&)", referenced from:
      Sample_Ocean::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Sample_NewInstancing::Sample_NewInstancing()", referenced from:
  "vtable for HDRLogic", referenced from:
      HDRLogic::HDRLogic() in SampleBrowser.o
  "DeferredShadingSystem::setMode(DeferredShadingSystem::DSMode)", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "boost::system::generic_category()", referenced from:
      ___cxx_global_var_init1 in SampleBrowser.o
      ___cxx_global_var_init2 in SampleBrowser.o
      ___cxx_global_var_init1 in FileSystemLayerImpl_iOS.o
      ___cxx_global_var_init2 in FileSystemLayerImpl_iOS.o
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreCompositor.o)
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreConfigFile.o)
      __GLOBAL__I_a in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreLogManager.o)
  "WaterMesh::push(float, float, float, bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_Water::processParticles() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Water::animateHead(float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "WaterMesh::WaterMesh(std::string const&, float, int)", referenced from:
      Sample_Water::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "DeferredShadingSystem::setActive(bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::checkBoxToggled(OgreBites::CheckBox*) in SampleBrowser.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I am also getting a ton of semantic warnings about virtual function overrides. That leads me to think there is a config problem? For example:

/Users/xx/Software/OgreSDK/include/OGRE/OgreMeshSerializerImpl.h:174:22: 'Ogre::MeshSerializerImpl::flipToLittleEndian' hides overloaded virtual function

I would love to get this into a static framework that i can use. I have templates that can create an iOS framework but I cant even think about using them til I get this built. I am a pure end user, not interested in extending Ogre3d.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Linker Problems Building on iOS ARM V7

Post by masterfalcon »

Are you trying to build Ogre from source or using the prebuilt SDK?
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

I am trying to build from source now. I was trying to use the prebuilt SDK but I think that is built for iOS 5.0.

Now working to build on iOS 6.0 when I run the samples in the simulator the simulator crashes. When I try to build and push to my device I get 200 linker errors:

Ld build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser normal armv7s
    cd /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 6.0
    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7s -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/Debug-iphoneos -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib -F/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -filelist /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser.LinkFileList -dead_strip -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ShaderSystem.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Terrain.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgrePagingStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a -framework OpenGLES /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libFreeImage.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libzzip.a /usr/lib/libz.dylib /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_system.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_chrono.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=6.0 -o /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/Debug-iphoneos'
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.ald: warning: 
ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ShaderSystem.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ShaderSystem.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Terrain.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Terrain.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgrePagingStatic.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgrePagingStatic.a
ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xce 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib
  "Ogre::StringUtil::BLANK", referenced from:
      Sample_Compositor::createTextures() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Compositor::setupControls() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Ocean::setupGUI() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkTrayManager::showCursor(std::string const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkSample::touchReleased(OIS::MultiTouchEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Sample::createSceneManager() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkSample::setDragLook(bool) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::AnimationState::getWeight() const", referenced from:
      SinbadCharacterController::updateBody(float) in SampleBrowser.o
      SinbadCharacterController::fadeAnimations(float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::CompositionTechnique::createTargetPass()", referenced from:
      Sample_Compositor::createEffects() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::RTShader::RenderState::removeTemplateSubRenderState(Ogre::RTShader::SubRenderState*)", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SdkSample::keyPressed(OIS::KeyEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_DualQuaternion::cleanupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Pass::setDiffuse(float, float, float, float)", referenced from:
  "Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::DEFAULT_RESOURCE_GROUP_NAME", referenced from:
      Sample_Compositor::setupScene() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Ocean::setupScene() in SampleBrowser.o
      prepareCircleMaterial() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Terrain::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Terrain::getTerrainImage(bool, bool, Ogre::Image&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Water::checkBoxToggled(OgreBites::CheckBox*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Camera::setAutoTracking(bool, Ogre::SceneNode*, Ogre::Vector3 const&)", referenced from:
      Sample_CameraTrack::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkCameraMan::setTarget(Ogre::SceneNode*) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkCameraMan::setStyle(OgreBites::CameraStyle) in SampleBrowser.o
  "vtable for GaussianBlurLogic", referenced from:
      GaussianBlurLogic::GaussianBlurLogic() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Entity::getSubEntity(unsigned int) const", referenced from:
      Sample_CelShading::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_SkeletalAnimation::setupModels() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Instancing::setupInstancedMaterialToEntity(Ogre::Entity*) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_DualQuaternion::setupModels() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_BezierPatch::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::InstancedGeometry::InstancedObject::setPosition(Ogre::Vector3)", referenced from:
      Sample_Instancing::createInstanceGeom() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::ColourValue::Black", referenced from:
      Sample_Dot3Bump::setupLights() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Grass::setupLighting() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Technique::getPass(unsigned short)", referenced from:
      Sample_Compositor::setupControls() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Ocean::changePage(int) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::createDummyScene() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Terrain::buildDepthShadowMaterial(std::string const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Animation::createVertexTrack(unsigned short, Ogre::VertexAnimationType)", referenced from:
      Sample_FacialAnimation::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Plane::Plane(float, float, float, float)", referenced from:
      Sample_SkyPlane::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::DefaultShadowCameraSetup::DefaultShadowCameraSetup()", referenced from:
      Sample_Shadows::handleProjectionChanged() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Math::fDeg2Rad", referenced from:
      Ogre::Math::DegreesToRadians(float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::SimpleSpline::setAutoCalculate(bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_Fresnel::setupFish() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Viewport::setOrientationMode(Ogre::OrientationMode, bool)", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SampleContext::reconfigure(std::string const&, std::map<std::string, std::string, std::less<std::string>, Ogre::STLAllocator<std::pair<std::string const, std::string>, Ogre::CategorisedAllocPolicy<(Ogre::MemoryCategory)0> > >&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::TerrainGroup::saveAllTerrains(bool, bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_Terrain::saveTerrains(bool) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Timer::getMicroseconds()", referenced from:
      Sample_Instancing::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Instancing::burnCPU() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::macBundlePath()", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SampleContext::locateResources() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_BSP::locateResources() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::FileSystemLayerImpl::getConfigPaths() in FileSystemLayerImpl_iOS.o
  "Ogre::Light::setSpecularColour(Ogre::ColourValue const&)", referenced from:
      Sample_Ocean::setupScene() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_DeferredShading::createKnotScene(Ogre::SceneNode*) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Character::setupContent() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::TransformKeyFrame::getScale() const", referenced from:
      Sample_SkeletalAnimation::tweakSneakAnim() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::WindowEventUtilities::removeWindowEventListener(Ogre::RenderWindow*, Ogre::WindowEventListener*)", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SampleContext::shutdown() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Image::flipAroundX()", referenced from:
  "Ogre::Material::setColourWriteEnabled(bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_Lighting::setupLights() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::TerrainLayerBlendMap::getBlendPointer()", referenced from:
      Sample_Terrain::initBlendMaps(Ogre::Terrain*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::TerrainGroup::getTerrainIterator()", referenced from:
  "Ogre::AnimationState::getTimePosition() const", referenced from:
      Sample_SkeletalAnimation::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      SinbadCharacterController::updateAnimations(float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Pass::getShininess() const", referenced from:
      Sample_Ocean::changePage(int) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::AnimationState::addTime(float)", referenced from:
      Sample_Water::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Fresnel::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_DeferredShading::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_CubeMapping::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Transparency::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_SkeletalAnimation::frameRenderingQueued(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Shadows::frameEnded(Ogre::FrameEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::BspSceneManagerPlugin::BspSceneManagerPlugin()", referenced from:
      Ogre::StaticPluginLoader::load() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::OverlayElement::getWidth() const", referenced from:
      OgreBites::CheckBox::setCaption(Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SelectMenu::selectItem(unsigned int, bool) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Slider::setCaption(Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Slider::setValue(float, bool) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Widget::isCursorOver(Ogre::OverlayElement*, Ogre::Vector2 const&, float) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkTrayManager::showOkDialog(Ogre::UTFString const&, Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::TextBox::setText(Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::GpuProgramParameters::setNamedConstant(std::string const&, Ogre::Vector4 const&)", referenced from:
      Sample_Terrain::buildDepthShadowMaterial(std::string const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::UTFString::operator std::string() const", referenced from:
      Sample_Compositor::checkBoxToggled(OgreBites::CheckBox*) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Compositor::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SelectMenu::addItem(Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SelectMenu::selectItem(Ogre::UTFString const&, bool) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::buttonHit(OgreBites::Button*) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_SSAO::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::ParticleSystem::msDefaultNonvisibleTimeout", referenced from:
      Ogre::ParticleSystem::setDefaultNonVisibleUpdateTimeout(float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Quaternion::FromAngleAxis(Ogre::Radian const&, Ogre::Vector3 const&)", referenced from:
      Ogre::Vector3::getRotationTo(Ogre::Vector3 const&, Ogre::Vector3 const&) const in SampleBrowser.o
      Ogre::Quaternion::Quaternion(Ogre::Radian const&, Ogre::Vector3 const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::INTERNAL_RESOURCE_GROUP_NAME", referenced from:
  "Ogre::TextAreaOverlayElement::getCharHeight() const", referenced from:
      OgreBites::TextBox::setText(Ogre::UTFString const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Button::Button(std::string const&, Ogre::UTFString const&, float) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::TextBox::TextBox(std::string const&, Ogre::UTFString const&, float, float) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::TextBox::getHeightInLines() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::ParamsPanel::setAllParamNames(std::vector<std::string, Ogre::STLAllocator<std::string, Ogre::CategorisedAllocPolicy<(Ogre::MemoryCategory)0> > > const&) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::ParamsPanel::ParamsPanel(std::string const&, float, unsigned int) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::Label::Label(std::string const&, Ogre::UTFString const&, float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::TransformKeyFrame::getRotation() const", referenced from:
      Sample_SkeletalAnimation::tweakSneakAnim() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Viewport::setOverlaysEnabled(bool)", referenced from:
      Sample_Fresnel::setupWater() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_CubeMapping::createCubeMap() in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::CompositionPass::setType(Ogre::CompositionPass::PassType)", referenced from:
  "Ogre::Image::flipAroundY()", referenced from:
  "Ogre::StringUtil::endsWith(std::string const&, std::string const&, bool)", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SampleBrowser::loadSamples() in SampleBrowser.o
      Sample_Instancing::buildInstancedMaterial(std::string const&) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Overlay::remove2D(Ogre::OverlayContainer*)", referenced from:
      OgreBites::SdkTrayManager::setExpandedMenu(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::Mesh::getBounds() const", referenced from:
      Sample_DeferredShading::setEntityHeight(Ogre::Entity*, float) in SampleBrowser.o
  "Ogre::MaterialManager::getSingleton()", referenced from:
      Sample_Ocean::itemSelected(OgreBites::SelectMenu*) in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkSample::_shutdown() in SampleBrowser.o
      OgreBites::SdkSample::keyPressed(OIS::KeyEvent const&) in SampleBrowser.o
And so on.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

Did you do a clean build? It could be libs built for the simulator being used for the device build.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

masterfalcon wrote:Did you do a clean build? It could be libs built for the simulator being used for the device build.
Have tried that, have also tried manually cleaning out the libs so that they could be rebuilt. It says it is building them and I see it building them and then it blows up when linking. Incidentally it doesnt work in the simulator either, the simulator just crashes and the debugger catches badd access. This is using the 1.8.1 src download.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

The weird thing is it seems to think it is linking a different architecture. If I read the messages right the libs are built for ARMv7 and they should be linking for that but they are trying to link for something else?

Edit: LIPO info

- lipo -info lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a
input file lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a is not a fat file
Non-fat file: lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a is architecture: armv7
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

Ok I changed "Build Active Architecture only" to "No" on the build settings page and it seems like it is now putting in both archs into the object files.

Architectures in the fat file: lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a are: armv7 (cputype (12) cpusubtype (11)) 
Now, however, it is failing to link as it is trying to link with graphviz from /usr/local (for reasons unknown).

Ld build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser normal armv7s
    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7s -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/Debug-iphoneos -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib -F/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -filelist /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser.LinkFileList -dead_strip -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ShaderSystem.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Terrain.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgrePagingStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a -framework OpenGLES /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libFreeImage.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libzzip.a /usr/lib/libz.dylib /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_system.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_chrono.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=6.0 -o /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/Debug-iphoneos'
ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format ( 0xce 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /usr/local/graphviz-2.14/lib/libfreetype.dylib
  "_FT_Done_FreeType", referenced from:
      Ogre::Font::loadResource(Ogre::Resource*) in libOgreMainStatic.a(OgreFont.o)
  "_FT_Init_FreeType", referenced from:
  "_FT_Set_Char_Size", referenced from:
  "_FT_Load_Char", referenced from:
  "_FT_New_Memory_Face", referenced from:
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

That is strange. Looks like it's trying to link to the FreeType lib there. You should be able to just make sure the correct path in your library search paths.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

masterfalcon wrote:That is strange. Looks like it's trying to link to the FreeType lib there. You should be able to just make sure the correct path in your library search paths.
interestingly enough, that path isnt in my library paths. I have checked. I dont know how it is getting it. Furthermore, I wonder if that will be in the right architecture as it would be some OS X library rather than armv7. I have the iOS dependencies downloaded from ogre but I guess the lib isnt in there either.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

It definitely won't be the correct architecture for iOS. You say that your iOS dependencies don't have libFreeType.a?
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

masterfalcon wrote:It definitely won't be the correct architecture for iOS. You say that your iOS dependencies don't have libFreeType.a?
Actually it appears that it does. So the question is why is it linking with /usr/local rather than the iOS dependencies.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

Well it seems that the CMAKE command was generating bad paths and trying to link with the OS X libs. I have that fixed on the build settings page but now the problem is the freetype lib that I have doesnt have armv7s in it so I get:

"_FT_Done_FreeType", referenced from:
  "_FT_Init_FreeType", referenced from:
  "_FT_Set_Char_Size", referenced from:
  "_FT_Load_Char", referenced from:
  "_FT_New_Memory_Face", referenced from:
Edit: But then again it seems to

-(22:28:38)-(rsimmons@Roberts-MacBook-Pro)-(/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build)
Architectures in the fat file: lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a are: armv7 (cputype (12) cpusubtype (11)) 

-(22:28:44)-(rsimmons@Roberts-MacBook-Pro)-(/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build)
- lipo -info iOSDependencies/lib/Release/libFreeType.a 
Architectures in the fat file: iOSDependencies/lib/Release/libFreeType.a are: armv7 (cputype (12) cpusubtype (11)) i386 
Well I guess the solace is I may be helping others trying to do this.

Edit2: Looking at the build command it is ignoring the lib in the actual IOS dependencies:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch armv7s -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/Debug -L/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib -F/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/bin/Debug -filelist /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser.LinkFileList -dead_strip -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -Wl,-search_paths_first -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BezierPatch.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CameraTrack.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Character.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Compositor.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DualQuaternion.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DynTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_FacialAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Grass.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Instancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Lighting.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_NewInstancing.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Ocean.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ShaderSystem.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Shadows.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkeletalAnimation.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyBox.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyDome.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SkyPlane.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Smoke.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SphereMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Terrain.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureFX.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_TextureArray.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Transparency.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_VolumeTex.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Water.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_BSP.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CelShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_DeferredShading.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_CubeMapping.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Dot3Bump.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Fresnel.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_Isosurf.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_ParticleGS.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libSample_SSAO.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_BSPSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_ParticleFXStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_OctreeZoneStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libPlugin_PCZSceneManagerStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreRTShaderSystemStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreTerrainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgrePagingStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLESStatic.a -framework OpenGLES /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libRenderSystem_GLES2Static.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/lib/Debug/libOgreMainStatic.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libFreeImage.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libzzip.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_thread.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_date_time.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_system.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/libboost_chrono.a /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/debug/libOIS.a -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=6.0 -o /Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/Samples/Browser/OGRE.build/Debug-iphoneos/SampleBrowser.build/Objects-normal/armv7s/SampleBrowser
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

I updated the dependencies package tonight. Maybe give that a try?
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

So the CMAKE script generates the following library search paths for the sample browser:

/Users/rsimmons/Software/ogre_src_v1-8-1/build/iOSDependencies/lib/$(CONFIGURATION)$(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME)
The problem is the downloadable iOSDependencies are not like that, they have only a DEBUG and RELEASE dir and this one adds on a ton of other stuff. So you have to cut off the $(EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME) from the path. Also you need to create a symbolic link to lib named bin to solve another path mistake in the iOSDependencies or the CMAKE script.

Also under SampleBrowser other Linker flags, each section has a list of libs that is generated that links it to system libs like libFreeType on os x. These are wrong and have to be pointed at the right dependencies in iOSDependencies (though why that needs to be done rather than just referencing thel ib search path is a mystery to me.

Once all these paths are fixed things work. Clearly the CMAKE xcode project generator needs some SERIOUS work.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

Yeah, I filed a bug on CMake about that issue months ago and it hasn't been fixed yet.

I see 2 other possible issues for you.

1. The dependencies directory should go in ogre_src_v1-8-1, not in your build folder.
2. Try deleting your CMakeCache.txt. It likely has incorrect values in there that it will just keep using each time you configure.
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

Well this was the cold downloaded SDK.

The problem I am having now is that I finally got it running and pushed the sample browser to the ipad. Nothing draws on the screen and the app about locks up my ipad doing who knows what. It doesnt seem to have any acceptable performance at all, well that and it doesnt draw at all. It can build and function in the simulator and I have finally gotten it to build in the iPAD device, but it certainly doesnt work.

Unless I can find a solution soon I guess I might have to look at other render systems for my project because this is just unacceptible. I have way too much going on in the way of calculations to be able to afford to cripple the system with the render engine. I am already way behind schedule on this project. Bullet physics was easy to get running, this guy is proving to be a bear and doing raw opengl is not a time effective solution.

Any ideas?
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

With regards to the linker issues, these have been fixed since 1.8.1 was released. So you'll have better luck by downloading the source from the v1-8 branch from our Mercurial repository.

As for your issues on the device let's get some more info. Exactly which device is it? What version of iOS? Is there anything in the log that may be helpful?
Kraythe
Greenskin

Post by Kraythe »

Hmm, I wasnt planning on using nightly or something like that in the code. Not a very good idea for a production product. However, this is open source I guess.

The device is an iPAD mini Verizon version with 64 gig of memory. It is running the latest iOS 6.1 Operating system (not using the betas). The sample browser starts up and eventually comes up, the UI elements are all on top of each other making it hard to work with but since it was written for desktop I give allowances on that. When you start the default sample, it doesn't draw anything while at the same time indicating an unacceptable 11 fps frame rate.

It could be that Ogre is too heavyweight for the device; though I don't know why. Then again I am not privy to the details of the render system. I could go look but that is not in my plan right now. I am developing software that is using, potentially, Ogre and its not in the schedule to debug it on iOS. Ive already exceeded the schedule just getting it building. So if it isn't appropriate to developing ipad and iphone based games, I will have to try another engine. Thats no cut to ogre really, doesnt mean it sucks or anything, I just cant take a massive performance hit when using already a limited device and and need the physics engine to run as well.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

Because CMake doesn't have a way to set the device type for targets, the SampleBrowser is probably being set to run as an iPhone app. Which would explain stuff being crunched together.

Unless you changed it, your previous build logs indicated that you were doing debug builds. Try release and you'll get better performance. Also, shaders generated by the RTSS aren't the greatest. Many people choose to write their own.
luckman
Gnoblar

Post by luckman »

Could you please check if all the dependencies are built with the same stdlib?
It looks like at least the boost libs are built with libc++ and the rest of dependencies with libstdc++.

Details:

I'm trying to build the SampleBrowser from source (v1-8 branch) using "December 18" iOS Dependencies (by the way, the .dmg file name suggests it is December 17).

I tried to set all ogre libs and the SB to use libc++, but that didn't help because at least libFreeImage uses libstdc++.

It's already the 3rd evening im fighting and googling to build the SampleBrowser, but i hope im almost there now :)

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7s: [i]/// armv7 too[/i]
  "std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::assign(char const*)", referenced from:
      (anonymous namespace)::generic_error_category::message(int) const in libboost_system.a(error_code.o)
  "std::runtime_error::runtime_error(char const*)", referenced from:
      boost::thread::start_thread() in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
      boost::thread::join() in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
      boost::condition_variable::do_timed_wait(boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>&, timespec const&) in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
  "std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()", referenced from:
      (anonymous namespace)::generic_error_category::message(int) const in libboost_system.a(error_code.o)
      boost::thread::start_thread() in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
      boost::thread::join() in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
      boost::condition_variable::do_timed_wait(boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>&, timespec const&) in libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
  "std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >::__init(char const*, unsigned long)", referenced from:
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

Ah, good point. I think you're right. I'll update my script and rebuild the libs.
luckman
Gnoblar

Post by luckman »

Now it builds just fine.
Thanks!

P.S. it does even run but there are problems, i'll post my feedback on that in a separate thread