Ogre Meshy 1.6 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux sup.)

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
merlinblack
Goblin

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.4 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux s

Post by merlinblack »

shega wrote: /opt/ogremeshy/OgreMeshy nothing happend ( i checked the allow run as program tick box)
Try running it from a Terminal. That way any errors or other useful info can be seen.

so once you have a Terminal open type:

Code: Select all

cd /opt/ogremeshy
./OgreMeshy
Note the 'dot slash' in front of the executable file name. *nix systems usually do not search for executables in the current directory as a extra security measure, so you have to say where it is, and 'dot' is the current directory. This should either work and start Meshy, or print some hints as to why it does not, which if you get stuck can be cut and pasted here. :)
"He'd never realized that, deep down inside, what he really wanted to do was make things go splat."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
shega
Gnoblar

Post by shega »

hi merlinblack, thx for the quick reply. the 1st error ogremeshy wants libogremain.so.1.8.0
here's the 2nd error

(OgreMeshy:21159): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_size: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(OgreMeshy:21159): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
Creating resource group General
Creating resource group Internal
Creating resource group Autodetect
SceneManagerFactory for type 'DefaultSceneManager' registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Material
Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ParticleSystem' registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type Panel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type BorderPanel registered.
OverlayElementFactory for type TextArea registered.
Registering ResourceManager for type Font
ArchiveFactory for archive type FileSystem registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type Zip registered.
ArchiveFactory for archive type EmbeddedZip registered.
DDS codec registering
Registering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Registering ResourceManager for type Compositor
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Entity' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'Light' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardSet' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'ManualObject' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'BillboardChain' registered.
MovableObjectFactory for type 'RibbonTrail' registered.
Loading library /opt/ogremeshy/Plugins/RenderSystem_GL
then it stopped.
sybren
Gnoblar

Post by sybren »

Hi guys,

I'm creating meshes in Ogre 1.7.4, and exporting them using MeshSerializer. Those meshes - I have attached one as an example - load just fine in our Ogre project, but they make OgreMeshy crash on both Windows and Linux. On Windows I have:
OgreMeshy version 1.4
Linked against Ogre 1.8.0 (unstable, Byatis) and wxWidgets 2.8.7
Downloaded from website (not built myself), running on Win8 64-bit
As it was much easier to recompile OgreMeshy on Linux than on Windows, I did that, and gave it a try. It also crashes on the same mesh file:
OgreMeshy version 1.4
Linked against Ogre 1.8.0 (, Byatis) and wxWidgets 2.8.12
Built on Kubuntu Linux 12.10 64-bit
The console output after loading the mesh is:

Mesh: Loading [A-mirrored.bvh 6.733 - 7.267].mesh.
WARNING: [A-mirrored.bvh 6.733 - 7.267].mesh is an older format ([MeshSerializer_v1.41]); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
Can't assign material RGB/0.2-0.2-0.6 to SubEntity of MeshEntity because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?
OgreMeshy: /usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:160: T* Ogre::SharedPtr<T>::operator->() const [with T = Ogre::HardwareIndexBuffer]: Assertion `pRep' failed.
The GDB backtrace is:

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff4bb6425 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff4bb6425 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff4bb9b8b in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00007ffff4baf0ee in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#3  0x00007ffff4baf192 in __assert_fail () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#4  0x0000000000448512 in operator-> (this=<optimized out>) at /usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:160
#5  MeshyMainFrameImpl::showMeshInfo (this=this@entry=0x6f54d0) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp:845
#6  0x00000000004497ac in MeshyMainFrameImpl::openMesh (this=this@entry=0x6f54d0, directory=..., meshName=..., bResetCamera=bResetCamera@entry=false) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp:651
#7  0x00000000004499cf in MeshyMainFrameImpl::openMesh (this=this@entry=0x6f54d0, fullPath=...) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp:583
#8  0x000000000044b73b in MeshyMainFrameImpl::MeshyMainFrameImpl (this=0x6f54d0, parent=<optimized out>, cmdSettings=...) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/Core/wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp:158
#9  0x0000000000426b7d in wxWidgetsApp::OnInit (this=0x6a9100) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/main.cpp:57
#10 0x00007ffff75216b4 in wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**) () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0
#11 0x0000000000425ac2 in main (argc=2, argv=<optimized out>) at /home/sybren/ogremeshy/src/main.cpp:38
I hope this is enough info to get this fixed!

Sybren
Attachments
[A-mirrored.bvh 6.733 - 7.267].mesh.zip
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi Sybren. Thank you for your feedback

This crash has been fixed in rev 3. from Mercurial repo.
You can grab the latest source code from https://bitbucket.org/dark_sylinc/ogremeshy

Sorry for the inconvenience. I should update the binaries but don't have enough time.
sybren
Gnoblar

Post by sybren »

Hi Dark Sylinc,
dark_sylinc wrote:This crash has been fixed in rev 3. from Mercurial repo.
You can grab the latest source code from https://bitbucket.org/dark_sylinc/ogremeshy

Sorry for the inconvenience. I should update the binaries but don't have enough time.
It would help me a lot if someone could update the binaries. I don't have the tools to do this on Windows now, which is our major development platform. This means I now have to switch back and forward between my Windows machine and a Linux VM, just to use Ogre Meshy :(
jhaiduce
Gnoblar

Post by jhaiduce »

CMake can't find my Ogre libraries.They're installed (autotools finds them just fine), but when I run configure inside ccmake I get:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:26 (message):
   Failed to find module path.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:43 (FIND_PACKAGE):
   By not providing "FindOGRE.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
   asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "OGRE", but
   CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "OGRE" with any of
   the following names:

OGREConfig.cmake
     ogre-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "OGRE" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
   "OGRE_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "OGRE"
   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
   installed.
FindOGRE.cmake does in fact exist, but ccmake still can't find it even when I set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or OGRE_DIR to the path containing FindOGRE.cmake.

I'm running debian wheezy.
guidry
Gnoblar

OgreMeshy 1.5 Ubuntu Linux test report (why silently fails)

Post by guidry »

After following the instructions of COMPILING.txt, something still need to be done to make it work on Ubuntu Linux which is the most popular Linux Desktop.
First of all, when first running, the program will generate the .ogremesh folder in the user's home directory. and the owner is set to root.
The problem is that on Ubuntu, we don't use root account, so the folder and files inside can not be written and changed. And this makes the program silently fails!!!
This issue is found by me after hours of GDB debugging. In oder to make it work,change the owner of .ogremesh from root to user's home account.
Now it can run, but some other issues arise, If I use the program browser to choose and load the mesh, I often get the following messages and the program terminates:

(ogremeshy:7663): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.
But if the mesh file and resource.cfg are in the home directory not its subfolders, I have better chance to succeed.
The source file that I complied is from https://bitbucket.org/dark_sylinc/ogremeshy
filename: dark_sylinc-ogremeshy-249d380f3010.tar.gz

It only loads meshes and resources in home directory. Even if I use the file browser to choose location, it still try loads the files from home, if it cannot find them, it fails, I guess.

void MeshyMainFrameImpl::openMeshDialog()
{
	wxFileDialog openFileDialog( this, _("Open mesh file"), wxString( m_lastOpenMeshDir.c_str(),
																		wxConvUTF8 ),
								wxT(""), wxT("*.mesh"), wxFD_OPEN|wxFD_FILE_MUST_EXIST, wxDefaultPosition);

if( openFileDialog.ShowModal() == wxID_OK )
	{
		m_lastOpenMeshDir = openFileDialog.GetDirectory().mb_str();
               // print mesh path, it echos only home path not the true path the mesh is in
		std::cout<< "file path:"<<std::string( m_lastOpenMeshDir ) << std::endl;  
		openMesh( m_lastOpenMeshDir, std::string( openFileDialog.GetFilename().mb_str() ) );
	}
}
My mesh is in the /home/guidry/programming/cpp/CAI09/media/models
But the program trys to load the mesh in /home/guidry/ and of course can't find it, and fails.

(OgreMeshy:6257): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_size: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(OgreMeshy:6257): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
[Debug] 22時32分27秒: ../src/gtk/bitmap.cpp(927): assert "Ok()" failed in HasPixbuf(): invalid bitmap
file path:/home/guidry
[Debug] 22時32分48秒: ../src/gtk/evtloop.cpp(64): assert "!m_impl" failed in ~wxEventLoop(): should have been deleted in Run()

(OgreMeshy:6257): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

I test it on Ubuntu 12.10 32bit version and the source code is linked against: Ogre 1.8.1 (, Byatis) & wxWidgets 2.8.12

Hope these issues can soon get resolved! Thank you!
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: OgreMeshy 1.5 Ubuntu Linux test report (why silently fai

Post by dark_sylinc »

I'll see your issues on Linux, and also prepare a new build
guidry wrote:After following the instructions of COMPILING.txt, something still need to be done to make it work on Ubuntu Linux which is the most popular Linux Desktop.
First of all, when first running, the program will generate the .ogremesh folder in the user's home directory. and the owner is set to root.
I don't recall '.ogremesh' being ever generated automatically. IIRC it may be you who has to create it. May be I'm wrong. Will look into it.
sybren wrote:It would help me a lot if someone could update the binaries. I don't have the tools to do this on Windows now, which is our major development platform. This means I now have to switch back and forward between my Windows machine and a Linux VM, just to use Ogre Meshy :(
I'm sorry for being this slow. Try the instructions in COMPILING.txt and be sure to use the solution files in the scripts folder. Don't use an sln file from CMake for Windows.
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

After a quick look:
  • FindOGRE.cmake error in Ubuntu: Updated the repo. The CMake script wasn't looking in /usr/share/OGRE/cmake/modules which is where it is stored in Ubuntu
  • Updated the compiling instructions. Ubuntu users should type "sudo make rootinstall" instead of make install to get the ".ogremeshy" folder created correctly
guidry
Gnoblar

Ubuntu test reort Part II

Post by guidry »

version: dark_sylinc-ogremeshy-f64906340568.tar.gz
Issue #1
After deleting old version and intalling the latest one-- dark_sylinc-ogremeshy-f64906340568.tar.gz
and following the compiling text doc, sudo make rootinstall for Ubuntu LInux,then run ogremeshy, it silently failed again.
In order to find the reason, I found no ~/.ogremeshy created. After look in to the makefile, I found the reason
Because there is no mkdir -p $(HOME)/.ogremeshy in rootinstall section, so no ~/.ogremeshy is created!!!
But if I use make install It can create ~/.ogremeshy with the owner set to home user but the next command su root -c make rootinstall will not work because we don't have root password. If I use sudo make install then it will set the owner of ~/.ogremeshy to root
As long as sudo is used, it will set the owner of ~/.ogremeshy to root, but without sudo ,we don't have the right to copy files to system folders. That's the problem. (ps. I learned that '.ogremesh' is generated in make install process not by running the bin file.)

Issue #2
After manually add ~/.ogremeshy or set the owner to home user, the program can run!!!
But wait!!! It can run only when I cd /opt/ogremeshy and run it from that folder, or run it in the Linux_Release folder.
If I type ogremeshy to run it in other folders, it will complain the following message then exit:Image
I did have these files in /opt/ogremeshy/Resources/Icons/32x32!
I guess the ln command can't resolve the working directory issue.

Issue #3
If I run the program from /opt/ogremeshy, I can avoid issue 2, but as I mentioned earlier:
It only loads meshes and resources in home directory. Even if I use the file browser to choose location, it still try loads the files from home, if it cannot find them, it fails, I guess.
The following code is from wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp

{
       wxFileDialog openFileDialog( this, _("Open mesh file"), wxString( m_lastOpenMeshDir.c_str(),
                                                          wxConvUTF8 ),

{
          m_lastOpenMeshDir = openFileDialog.GetDirectory().mb_str();
                   // print mesh path, it echos only home path not the true path the mesh is in
          std::cout<< "file path:"<<std::string( m_lastOpenMeshDir ) << std::endl;  //I add this line to test
          openMesh( m_lastOpenMeshDir, std::string( openFileDialog.GetFilename().mb_str() ) );
       }
    }
My mesh is in the /home/guidry/programming/cpp/CAI09/media/models
But the program tries to load the mesh in /home/guidry/ and of course can't find it, and fails.
After taking a look at wxWigets doc pages:
wxString GetDirectory() Returns the default directory.
wxString GetFilename() Returns the default filename.
wxString GetPath() Returns the full path (directory and filename) of the selected file.
I wonder the reason maybe at openFileDialog.GetDirectory(), the default directory may not be the folder you choose, at least for wxWigets2.8.12 on Ubuntu.
Why not use GetPath() instead?
Only one meter away from hitting the target to cross platforms! Keep going!! Thank you!!
Below is the video of my running the program, it silently fails if I want to load a file from other than the /home/guidry folder.
[youtube]Fdbf5V_0RPc[/youtube]

I tried to modify the code in the ]wxOgreMeshViewerMainFrameImpl.cpp to the following:

{
																		wxConvUTF8 ),

wxString path_filename;
	std::string filename;
	if( openFileDialog.ShowModal() == wxID_OK )	{

path_filename = openFileDialog.GetPath();
		size_t sep = path_filename.find_last_of(wxT("/\\"));		
		m_lastOpenMeshDir = std::string(path_filename.Left(sep).mb_str());
		filename=std::string(path_filename.Right(path_filename.Len()-sep-1).mb_str());
		std::cout<<sep<<"full path name"<<std::string(path_filename.mb_str())<<" dir:"<<m_lastOpenMeshDir<<" name:"<<filename<<std::endl;
		openMesh( m_lastOpenMeshDir, filename );
	}
}
and

void MeshyMainFrameImpl::loadResourcesCfgDialog()
{
	wxFileDialog openFileDialog( this, _("Open resources.cfg file to parse"), m_lastOpenResCfgDir, wxT(""),
								 wxT("*.cfg"), wxFD_OPEN|wxFD_FILE_MUST_EXIST, wxDefaultPosition );
	wxString path_filename;
	{
		path_filename = openFileDialog.GetPath();
		size_t sep = path_filename.find_last_of(wxT("/\\"));			
		m_lastOpenResCfgDir = path_filename.Left(sep);
		loadResourcesCfg(path_filename);
	}
}
Now the issue #3 gets resolved on Ubuntu, please take a look at the following video:
[youtube]GXvgk-aMkwc[/youtube]
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Thanks a lot guidry!

You're right, GetDirectory & GetFilename were wrong, it doesn't have portable behavior and doesn't do what we need. Thanks, I wouldn't have had the time to look into it.

Fixed:
  • Installation: Instead of sudo make rootinstall; type make ubuntuinstall
  • 'Can't find Resources' bug fixed (using a more robust method to find out the working dir)
  • 'Can't open other meshes other than those in home bug' fixed.
guidry
Gnoblar

OgreMeshy V1.5 a258d42 tested OK on Ubuntu Now!

Post by guidry »

OgreMeshy V1.5 a258d42 tested OK on Ubuntu Now!
Now we have a totally free work-flow to make 3D Game & CAIs which can save a lot of expense on proprietary software.
And this is a very good news for humankind. Governments and public schools all over the world are facing bankruptcy.
Many of them are no longer afford to pay full pensions for the retirees, employees, not to mention to have the budget to pay for endless OS up-gradings!
We, as teachers in public schools are very happy to see any progress on open source CAI development environment. Blender + Ogre is a very good combination in terms of making 3D game-like CAIs. Students like 3d stuff. Ogremeshy is very important because we want to preview our meshes before we add them to our programs. In the past, we are forced to run it under WINE simulator on LInux which is slow and buggy. Now we have the native Ogremeshy Linux program!!!
A little more suggestions to make it perfect:
Because ~/.ogremeshy folder is so important, if the users accidentally delete it, disk is full, sectors damage, or if some careless Ubuntu users who type "sudo make ubuntuinstall", the permission problems will occur again. So I propose in the COMPILING.text, you add some words like "DO NOT USE sudo make ubuntuinstall". I also personally think instead of just silently failing, why not add a message box like "Can not write data into ~/.ogremeshy, please make sure you have the right to write in it..." in your exception handler. It would be even better to add similar text to alert users if their resource.cfg points to non-existent media data which could also causes the program silently fails. Because the users may forget to copy the media folders when they copy the resource.cfg file. Silently failing is not very user-friendly. We should avoid this to let users know what's going wrong, I think. As least let them know, it is not the program's deficiency, but the user's mistakes. And by doing this, we can prevent countless Q&As which are unnecessary.
Your code sets a very cool example, because you successfully combine Ogre & wxWidgets which are both cross-platform APIs!
I will enjoy studying your code! Thank you so much !!!
duststorm
Minaton

Post by duststorm »

I'm happy to see the build/install script is fixed for debian. :D
I worked around, and mentioned a few of these issues in this thread as well a while ago. But now we have a complete fix.
Developer @ MakeHuman.org
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre Meshy 1.5 (Mesh viewer, Windows Installer & Linux s

Post by dark_sylinc »

Long delayed v1.5 is out!

What are you waiting for? Go get it!

Changelog:
Fixed weird docking windows behavior when floating.
Fixed crash when opening a mesh that didn't contain index data.
Light's Power Spin control now works.
Light's direction normalize buttons wasn't working. Fixed.
Fixed several issues with some Linux distros (thanks guidry!). Ubuntu users should type make ubuntu_install
Added support for different coordinate conventions (X up & Z up)
Now OgreMeshy is in charge of creating .ogremeshy folder in Linux version, also checks for access restrictions to the folder.
Switched rendering method, now we overload "OnInternalIdle" instead of using a Timer based solution:
* Windows: OgreMeshy wouldn't exit if rendering took significantly longer than 10ms (i.e. 80ms). Had to be killed from Task Mgr
* Linux: GUI became extremely unresponsive & laggy if rendering took just a bit more than 10ms
By default Cg Program manager is not enabled by default in Linux now (due to library dependencies)
xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Sorry if i go OT, but how did you manage to update the bounding box basing on the animation state?
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

I asked myself the same question when I saw it the first time :lol:
At first, I thought it was a new feature in Ogre.

If you look closely the bbox only updates automatically when you're viewing the skeleton ("Show bones"). The bones are attached to the Entity with TagPoints and thus a part of it.
Because I put at least one TagPoint per Bone, it's logical that the bbox will enlarge itself accurately, as it has to expand to fit all attached Entities.

Tbh, I found out by luck that it's a very good way to cheaply expand the bbox; which I'm considering for 2.x; probably with modifications (i.e. take the most relevant bones based on heuristics).
xXx
Halfling

Post by xXx »

Oh seems a good thing :)

I asked since i need to update the bbox when the entity is animated, i guess i will do something like that :)

Can't you help me with the code i need? I don't know much about bbox updating...
Jefferian
Halfling

Post by Jefferian »

Is there some additional dependency for 1.5 compared to previous versions, in windows?
Whileas 1.4 works without problems, 1.5 seems to have some problem with cg - if i disable that plugin from the plugin file, it works. Else it won't start at all.
raffamaiden
Gnoblar

Post by raffamaiden »

Jefferian wrote:Is there some additional dependency for 1.5 compared to previous versions, in windows?
Whileas 1.4 works without problems, 1.5 seems to have some problem with cg - if i disable that plugin from the plugin file, it works. Else it won't start at all.
I confirm this. Your software did not start at all. After reading this I have commented out the CGProgramManager plugin and now it starts. Thanks
raffamaiden
Gnoblar

Post by raffamaiden »

are there no way to move camera up and down? and to show skeleton?
Nu11u5
Gnoblar

Post by Nu11u5 »

When visualizing bones, what do the colored nodes mean?

I am having trouble exporting from Blender using Blender2Ogre. When I import the model back into Blender using the Torchlight-to-Blender addon the bones are all orientated 90 degrees off axis.

If I load the exported model into an older mesh viewer I can confirm that the Bones are aligned wrong, but in OgreMeshy they look correct. At least I assume that the green cone is representing the bone's major axis and the blue and red cylinders are supposed to be the orthogonals.

(If I load an original model for example from the game Torchlight 2, the bones are aligned with the red cylinder node facing the bone's direction, with the green cone and blue cylinder being orthogonal. Could this difference be caused by a different version of the .mesh format, or a different version of Ogre?)
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Nu11u5 wrote:If I load the exported model into an older mesh viewer I can confirm that the Bones are aligned wrong, but in OgreMeshy they look correct. At least I assume that the green cone is representing the bone's major axis and the blue and red cylinders are supposed to be the orthogonals.
There is no thing as "major axis". Red is for X axis, Green for Y, and Blue for Z axis. If the RGB/XYZ is aligned with the origin axes (click "show axis"), then the bone is in it's default orientation (identity rotation).
But if it's not, it doesn't mean it's wrong. It depends on the convention used by the exporter and whether the loader should do anything to fix the global rotation (in theory, this shouldn't be needed, but exporter toolchain are always a mess)
raffamaiden wrote:
Jefferian wrote:Is there some additional dependency for 1.5 compared to previous versions, in windows?
I confirm this. Your software did not start at all. After reading this I have commented out the CGProgramManager plugin and now it starts. Thanks
In the Linux version there was a problem when linking with Cg because it's dynamically linked and not all distros ship it by default. This was added in the Readme FAQ (but IIRC, Plugins.cfg should be already commented. This shouldn't be an issue if you're building your own Meshy from source.

In Windows, there shouldn't be a problem if you use the Windows installer. Try seeing if cg.dll was included in the Plugins folder.
If problem persists, contact me via PM
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

raffamaiden wrote:are there no way to move camera up and down? and to show skeleton?
Read the Readme:
Zoom In: Hold Right click and move mouse
Rotate camera around center: Hold Left click and move mouse
Pan camera left/right/up/down: Hold Shift + Left click and move mouse
Pan camera left/right/forward/backwards: Hold Shift + Right click and move mouse
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by syedhs »

I can also confirm in Win8 64 bit, if I disabled cg plugin OgreMeshy can launch. cg.dll is in the plugins folder.

After playing around, seems moving cg.dll from plugins folder into the parent folder (where the exe resides) resolves it. Perhaps the best setup is to have all the dlls and exe in one folder? What is the reason of having separate folders for plugin and exe?
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me
TTimo
Gnoblar

Hardcoded path to /opt/ogremeshy/Plugins.cfg ?

Post by TTimo »

I did a compile from source of latest Ogre 1.8 + Meshy, and had a bit of trouble getting it running.
It's looking for /opt/ogremeshy/Plugins.cfg, which appears to be a hardcoded path that I didn't specify at any point during configuration.

Is it a meshy code bug, is it some strange result of how I configured and compiled? Is it intentional?