Ogre 1.9RC2 + VS2013 Express, ZM option not working

Discussion area about developing or extending OGRE, adding plugins for it or building applications on it. No newbie questions please, use the Help forum for that.
lingfors
Hobgoblin

Ogre 1.9RC2 + VS2013 Express, ZM option not working

Post by lingfors »

The ZM option in CMake (that allows VS to use more memory for PCH using the /Zm256 flag) doesn't seem to work. I've tried generating project using CMake both with the option checked and unchecked, without getting the /ZM256 flag to show up in my OgreMain compile command line.

Also, the description of the option in CMake is confusing... "Switch off flag" or something like that. So, if I check it, I should not use the /Zm256 flag, or? Enable an option to turn something off? IMHO, it would be better to have an option to turn the flag on, that is checked by default.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Ogre 1.9RC2 + VS2013 Express, ZM option not working

Post by spacegaier »

I will fix that in a second. The issue is, that our CMake scripts do not allow to set Zm with VS2013 yet (only VS2012). The script detects an invalid VS version for /Zm and then displays that slightly confusing tooltip you mention.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

I just pushed a fix. Can you please try again with the latest revision: https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/commi ... 16da054e4c
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
lingfors
Hobgoblin

Post by lingfors »

spacegaier wrote:I just pushed a fix. Can you please try again with the latest revision: https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/commi ... 16da054e4c
I will try again tonight when I get home from work.
lingfors
Hobgoblin

Post by lingfors »

Yup, seems to be working better. :)