Ogre Helpes us to win AGDC best indie game award. DL it now

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Mdobele
Halfling

Post by Mdobele »

Thanks Geefunk for offering the bandwidth for our team and for our friends team. I'll be sending you an email shortly. Today's job is cleaning it up and getting it ready.
PrimedGames
www.PrimedGames.com

Email Me At
Mdobele( AT )primedgames.com
// Replace AT with @ of course
Mdobele
Halfling

Post by Mdobele »

Ok ALPHA 0.2 is available.

Thanks to Geefunk for providing us with some free space we can now offer the release version for you to download. This is the version that won at AGDC and was shown at my Universities Industry Night. If you played the previous Alpha I highly recommend you check this one out as there have been some MAJOR changes / advancments since that.

Simply find the link in my DOWNLOADS page on the PrimedGames forum.

www.primedgames.com/forum

I just ask you to go via there so i can keep a track of the hits and get a rough count of how many DL it.
PrimedGames
www.PrimedGames.com

Email Me At
geefunk
Kobold

Post by geefunk »

No problem.

I cheated and downloaded it as soon as you finished uploading it :p Played it for a while, it was fun, very nice work.

The server keeps logs of how many times the files are downloaded, when I get a chance I'll setup a little page where you can see exactly how many have downloaded it.

Peace
nfz
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by nfz »

I had played a lot with Alpha 0.1 and got really good at steering the scooter. Downloaded Alpha 0.2 and wow, got first place on all tracks and won the trophy :lol: .

Its still amazing what your team acheived in such short time especially after looking at Alpha 0.2. Your team obviously works well together and is composed of talented, hard working people. Good luck in your studies and future game projects/jobs, I think all of you will do well.
Banania
Gremlin

Post by Banania »

This is SOOOOOOOO good !

Really really nice work. The screenshots were making a lot of promises, the demo keeps them all.

Congratulations !

Is the multiplayer part working ? (I couldn't test that so far)
Banania
Mdobele
Halfling

Post by Mdobele »

wow thanks guys. Glad your enjoying it. Cant wait till 9th life gets their game up as well. Makes me proud to see 2 games from the same school beeing recieved so well.

MultiPlayer :
It def works both in Racing and Battle mode. The lobby just isnt that intuitive I am afraid.
Server :
First thing you do after you have selected the mode / character / track and you are now in the lobby screen is CLICK on the text box lwer left and enter your name. Once you press ENTER you see your name pop up. Now wait for the client to join. as soon as HE joins and presses READY you will see the small DOT go GREEN. NOW you can then press START.

Client :
Once you are at your lobby screen CLICK the text box. Then enter your name and press ENTER.
Now RE-CLICK text box and enter the correct I.P adress of the server. ( sry no scanning for servers atm) and press ENTER. Hopefully after 2 seconds you will connect to the server. Now press READY and when server presses START you will be away.

Note - After both a race and battle are finished you will have to exit and re-start the mode manually.

Like I said not very intuitive atm. Sorry
PrimedGames
www.PrimedGames.com

Email Me At
Banania
Gremlin

Post by Banania »

Mdobele wrote:Like I said not very intuitive atm. Sorry
Don't be sorry. It is a great achievement. I'll test that asap.
Banania
RoundSparrow
Greenskin

Post by RoundSparrow »

Is this going to be turned into a commercial game? Or will the source code be released? Or will it just be a private project where only binaries are released.

Thanks.
Mdobele
Halfling

Post by Mdobele »

At the moment we are deciding the future of PrimedGames and what we want to do. ScootaRama is a great little prototype, but it is in reality simply that. And its a long way away from a commercial product. We are currently designing what we hope will be a commercial title for release this year based on this prototype and whilst we are planning on basically starting from scratch we still intend to use some systems.

We possibly could release the code purely for a non-commercial use. ( Trust me, it aint pretty code anyways ). But I will have to have another meeting with the coders and especially the artists to gain there opinions. We are meeting this Friday so I'll bring it up.

Also to note. The code was written for Ogre 14.2. and as such would have to be changed to comply with the latest Ogre.
PrimedGames
www.PrimedGames.com

Email Me At
DaCracker
Gremlin

Post by DaCracker »

congratz!
well done!