[solved] iOS prebuilt dependency downloads missing

Discussion of issues specific to mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Meego.
simedj
Goblin

[solved] iOS prebuilt dependency downloads missing

Post by simedj »

iOS 7.0 libc++ Precompiled Dependencies and iOS Precompiled Dependencies are both missing from the download page, as linked to by http://www.ogre3d.org/download/source.

What happened to them?
Last edited by simedj on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me with a contact email address if interested.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: iOS prebuilt dependency downloads missing

Post by masterfalcon »

Well, it's actually embarrassing. I forgot to update the file extension from zip to dmg for them. It's all fixed now though, thanks for catching that!
simedj
Goblin

Post by simedj »

Can you point me to them? I looked directly in http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/files/ but can't see them. Unless I should be looking elsewhere - it's a bit confusing having bitbucket and sourceforge accounts :)
Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me with a contact email address if interested.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

The links on the source page are updated. But also you can look in ogre-dependencies-mac/1.9 on SF
simedj
Goblin

Post by simedj »

That's wonderful. And I hand't realised you include hlsl2glsl; these are all the libs I need.

However further to our "use the SDK versions instead of building everything" discussion, I decided to get a totally clean build setup - clone ogre v1-9 to a new dir, get the iOS7 pre-built dependencies and rebuild CMake. I am still seeing one problem, which I think must be a genuine glitch:
/usr/local/ogre/ogre1.9/RenderSystems/GLES2/src/GLSLES/src/OgreGLSLESProgramManagerCommon.cpp:92:52: error: use of
undeclared identifier 'kGlslTargetOpenGLES20'
mGLSLOptimiserContext = glslopt_initialize(kGlslTargetOpenGLES20);
I'm building with OGRE_CONFIG_ENABLE_GLES2CG_SUPPORT AND OGRE_CONFIG_ENABLE_GLSL_OPTIMISER and I'm sure the latter is to blame because I had the same thing previously, and disabling this made everything build OK.

I think I might have found a genuine bug, finally? :)

edit: did more research, split this off here. Definitely seems a real bug.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [solved] iOS prebuilt dependency downloads missing

Post by masterfalcon »

I can't reproduce it here. Are you using unity builds? Or could it be including in an older version of glsl_optimizer.h from somewhere? That enum didn't exist before October of last year.
simedj
Goblin

Post by simedj »

I'm using virtually the default build setup in CMake, add the iOS build flag and then tick the Cg/GLSLoptimise boxes.

I'm pretty sure the versions of both hlsl2glsl and glsloptimiser in the prebuilt dependencies are screwy after deeper investigation - see the link in my previous post. I don't have them on this PC but I'm sure the glsloptimiser .h file supplied predates that enum, hence the problem.

I fixed the hlsl2glsl issue (in other thread) to build against latest version but I didn't get round to sorting out glsloptimiser yet, I couldn't face rebuilding everything again and had to get some work done now I have it building on iOS7 :) I'll check back if nobody else gets there first.
masterfalcon
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by masterfalcon »

I think you're right. I'll update the dependencies tonight.
simedj
Goblin

Post by simedj »

I made some tweaks in ogre code, again see other thread, for newer hlsl2glsl. If you want them let me know, but its really nothing much.