Hi all,
I just wanted to jump into my water shader (more precisely ocean shader) improvement and I was wondering if anyone has something similar and would be so nice to share the code and/or knowledge.
I need something pretty simple. I dont need reflection, I dont need a semi-transparency of water bottom, I dont need waves (flow).
All I need is something what glitters and looks a bit natural from the top.
Is there anyone who can give me hand here?
Thank you
simple water shader in CG
-
jonim8or
- Goblin
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:49 pm
- x 10
Re: simple water shader in CG
Just have 2 or 3 "wave" normal maps moving in different directions. Sample their normals, combine them, and use them as input for your specular shader.
In the ogre source folder Samples/Media/Materials you can find the materials from the samples, together with their shaders. Look for "ocean".
In the ogre source folder Samples/Media/Materials you can find the materials from the samples, together with their shaders. Look for "ocean".
-
kubatp
- Gnome
- Posts: 368
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm
- x 43
Re: simple water shader in CG
Hi Jonim8or,
thank you for reply. Ocean demo is actually exactly what I need. It took me few hours to run it in my own project, but it is a very nice ocean effect.
Thank you very much
thank you for reply. Ocean demo is actually exactly what I need. It took me few hours to run it in my own project, but it is a very nice ocean effect.
Thank you very much