I have been strugling to get Ogre to work in Mac OS, I already have it working in Linux and Windows built from the source.
However, with Mac Os the story is different...
I'm now trying to get it working with the pre built SDK,
The cmake script for Mac OS X is broken, specifically, in the Cmakelist.txt in for the sample browser:
" CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/Users/fernandogomes/GE3DDependencies/OgreSDK/Samples/Browser/CMakeLists.txt:358:
Parse error. Function missing ending ")". Instead found bad character with text "[". "
That happens with cmake 3.0 by the way
Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
-
Crhonos
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 pm
-
Wudex
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Same here with cmake 3.0.0 on arch linux, but I don't get this error on Debian with cmake 2.8.9-1, so I suspect that the Samples/Browser/CMakeLists.txt does simply not play well with cmake 3.0.0
Edit: yes, this seems to be a problem with the cmake version. I think it could possibly be related to
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/re ... tml#syntax, but I'm not sure about it.
A pull request for a possible fix is pending, see https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... e-419/diff. Not sure if that works as intended, but it definitely stops cmake from throwing errors at you.
Edit: yes, this seems to be a problem with the cmake version. I think it could possibly be related to
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/re ... tml#syntax, but I'm not sure about it.
A pull request for a possible fix is pending, see https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/pull- ... e-419/diff. Not sure if that works as intended, but it definitely stops cmake from throwing errors at you.
- Klaim
- Old One
- Posts: 2565
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Paris, France
- x 56
- Contact:
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Ah yes I've proposed this quickfix because CMake 3.0 did point this problem on Windows, but I couldn't check if it was actually CMake 3.0 or all CMake.
Anyway the quickfix is simple so it should not be a big problem. This patch seems to work for me as I compiled all Ogre projects and run them with no problems (except expected runtime crashes). I didn't try it outside Windows/Visual Studio so there might be trouble somewhere else but the change should be obvious. Maybe a CMake expert could take a look see if it's actually really equivalent.
Anyway the quickfix is simple so it should not be a big problem. This patch seems to work for me as I compiled all Ogre projects and run them with no problems (except expected runtime crashes). I didn't try it outside Windows/Visual Studio so there might be trouble somewhere else but the change should be obvious. Maybe a CMake expert could take a look see if it's actually really equivalent.
-
soldans
- Halfling
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:27 pm
- x 1
- Contact:
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Just want to confirm that the same problem occurs for me in CMake 3.0.0 on windows.
The quickfix seems to work though, thx.
The quickfix seems to work though, thx.
- Klaim
- Old One
- Posts: 2565
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:04 am
- Location: Paris, France
- x 56
- Contact:
Re: Ogre 1.9 Cmake is broken in Mac OS X
Did someone tried the patch with CMake 2.x? It would help merging the fix if you can confirm that it works too.
Otherwise I'll try it later (I'm in the middle of a lot of things).
Otherwise I'll try it later (I'm in the middle of a lot of things).