Updating/Fixing current Ogre2.0 branch

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Updating/Fixing current Ogre2.0 branch

Post by al2950 »

Hi all

I have converted the majority of my project to Ogre2.0, however there are some bugs and missing functionality which is to be expected. I was going to go through some of these and create pull requests for it. However I understand that there are some changes that have not been made public yet so I was wondering if I should wait, or make the changes myself now (and hope they dont overlap), or add a JIRA issue.... Any advice?
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: Updating/Fixing current Ogre2.0 branch

Post by dark_sylinc »

Wow that's awesome.

Can you elaborate a bit on those enhancements/fixes and provide a repo link so I can review them? (and then create a pull request)

The changes that haven't been incorporated yet are all about the HLMS branch; and although a few improvements here and there in that branch help Ogre 2.0 overall, I doubt your improvements overlap in that area.
al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: Updating/Fixing current Ogre2.0 branch

Post by al2950 »

dark_sylinc wrote:Wow that's awesome.

Can you elaborate a bit on those enhancements/fixes and provide a repo link so I can review them? (and then create a pull request)

The changes that haven't been incorporated yet are all about the HLMS branch; and although a few improvements here and there in that branch help Ogre 2.0 overall, I doubt your improvements overlap in that area.
Ha, dont get too excited! They are nothing big, for example the function "setInitilalState" is missing for node track animations. Anyway I am away until next week so ill start adding stuff to my fork and then create a pull request. To be honest a lot of the stuff I would like to do is in your new animation system, as i rely quite heavily on tags points, but I know you wanted to finish that! Plus i dont really know where to start :oops: