What game are you playing now?

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Re: What game are you playing now?

Post by Kojack »

Why doesn't Elite have a way of paying fines while in space? A federal security ship decided to take a short cut in front of my burst laser while I'm attacking a pirate. I now have a 300 credit bounty. Every security ship in the area decides a 300 bounty on the guy that's been helping them is better than a 10000+ bounty on the criminal that we are all chasing, so they turn on me and call in reinforcements! I have to make a run for it back to the station, dock quickly before the security spots me, pay 300 credits, then go back to resume pirate hunting.
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Elite: Debit Card ... the preferred way to pay ALL your galactic fines ... coming soon
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

I guess even the last Elite is based on scifi from 90s so not post-cyberpunk, no post/trans-humanism, no uplifting, no matter up/downloading.... and you have to be in a ship to move in space.

Old school. :mrgreen:
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Every time something annoys me in Elite Dangerous, I just think to myself: "at least I'm not playing X Rebirth".

Yes, I'm still upset over that game. X3 TC and X3 AP were awesome games. X Rebirth is such a huge step backwards.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I'm slowly crawling my way towards a new ship in Elite.
I've got a fairly completely pimped out Viper, but I want an Asp. That's over 6,000,000, but my current bank balance is 407,000. That's taken ages and hundreds of bounties, because while the Viper is cheap, the addons for it are expensive.

One thing I dislike with Elite, several stats for equipment are rated with a 10 slot bar. The actual rating has more than 10 possible values, but the bar only shows whole slots. So I can have a 3 slot bar for damage on my pulse laser and another weapon in the store can also have a 3 slot bar but be marked as doing more or less damage than mine. If the rating has fractions, then show them.
iblues1976
Gnome

Post by iblues1976 »

I know I have an issue because I don't change games much but I'm playing FIFA 2015. Let me tell you that while is a great game, the online playing has come with some bugs...
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

:)

[youtube]2E92wPW6-IA[/youtube]
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

OMG this is so funny but it also reminds me why I don't want a physic engine in my game XD
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Today I beat the boss of the second DS2 extension, Crown of the Iron King. I got the Crown but there is at least 2 optional bosses I didn't beat yet, one being a giant samurai. The first boss was epic (but not as epic as the boss from Crown of the Sunken King).

I also started playing The Talos Principle. If you like 1st person puzzles like the excellent Antichamber and mysterious setup like Portal, you will like this one. It was recommanded by a lot of smart people and I like that it did adapt very well to my low configuration which still make it run very well (I didn't try to change the options though).
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

I've started playing a few games:
- Dead Light
- This War Of Mine
- Kromaia (no idea what I'm doing, but it's fast and cool)
- Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
- Eldritch (a cross between Minecraft, Ultima Underworld and Lovecraft)

I'm also trying to decide between starting Wasteland 2 or Shadowrun Dragonfall. Although the fact that I have only 13GB free on my steam drive and Wasteland is 22GB while Shadowrun is 7GB has made that decision for me (I don't feel like freeing up space right now).

Dead Light and This War Of Mine have reminded me that I need to get back to Knock Knock. Ice-pick Lodge definitely make some unique games. The Void would make an amazing VR game, it's first person exploration in disturbing environments and it uses hand drawn shapes to cast magic (would be great for priovr or stem).
[youtube]-ewYzIwwMw4[/youtube] (warning: a little female nudity in the trailer)
The Void is very hard to explain. You have to gather colour to rub on naked women without their brothers finding out. Kind of. :)
You take colour into your memory, pass it through your multiple hearts and it becomes your palette. It's very odd. The whole game feels like a fight against entropy. You need colour in your hearts to live. Different colours also have different effects on you when in your heart. When in the void, your hearts transfer colour to your palette over time. The palette is what you use to cast spells and give to the sisters to open their hearts. It's a one way process, once in the palette it can't be returned to your memory or hearts. So generating spell power means you are losing health, which can only be restored by finding more colour in the world.

Damn, now I REALLY want The Void in VR. I wonder if I can reverse engineer their level format?
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Wow the void sounds so coooool ... oh except the naked chicks. That's the least classy and most gratuitous video game trope ever. But the actual gameplay seems really inventive.
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

Deadlight was pretty good and it's a quick playthrough.

I'm almost done with Child of Light, which I have enjoyed so far. Figured I'd try something different.

Probably next going for 4PM, even though it got horrible reviews it still looks intriguing to me.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Well to be fair, your inventory screen is a naked man (genitalia exposed) and you spend way more time on that screen moving colour around. So while there are more naked women than men in the game, way more time is spent looking at naked men. So I guess it isn't that bad. Except to people who find nudity offensive I guess.
(Hmm, I guess some of the brothers are naked too, but since they are biomechanical horrors, nudity isn't really noticable, if they even have those body parts still)
It's a very odd game. :)

This isn't like dead or alive beach volleyball, the nudity is more like a classical statue or painting, part of the aesthetic of the afterlife the game takes place in.

Anybody remember Heavy Metal FAKK 2? The player character Julie ends up wearing less and less clothing as you progress. She's also voiced by and based on penthouse model Julie Strain. I bet it would piss off a lot of people these days, but the game was actually not bad. It's the only game I've ever played (until Dark Souls) that had a real feeling of weight to the weapons. If it wasn't for the progressive near nudity (start the game in a blue jumpsuit, end the game in just a strip of black tape) she would be a great female lead character, a tough action hero with chainsaw swords, dual wielding machine guns, gattling cannons, etc.
(Why base a game on a penthouse model? Well, she's also a model for Heavy Metal magazine. Her husband directed the animated movie Heavy Metal 2000 which starred her as the lead character. The game is a sequel to the movie, with her continuing the same role. So it makes sense I guess)
c6burns
Beholder

Post by c6burns »

Hahaha at least they are fair with the nakedness of both sexes. I am personally not offended by almost anything, just the video didn't show enough for me to really tell whether it was artistically done so I jumped to judgement perhaps too quickly. Looks like highly sexualized women in the trailer, but either way the game is interesting and I had never heard of it... I'm gonna check it out!
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Wow, I just saw that Ice-pick Lodge (makers of The Void, Knock Knock, Cargo and Pathologic) had a successful kickstarter in october 2014 to do a remake of Pathologic!
Pathologic sounds like a great but stressful game (time is your enemy, even more so than in The Void) from 2005. I tried a demo, it was too clunky and unfriendly to play so I didn't buy it, but the idea seemed great. Now they are remaking it (it was their first game) in Unity. If I knew about it, I would have given to the kickstarter.

Pathologic takes place in a mysterious town that has a spreading outbreak of the Sand Plague. There are three doctors you can pick from to play as. The game has a hard time limit of 12 game days. Everything is time based, if you take too long doing a task it might expire (along with the people involved). You might be given more tasks than you can do in a day, so you have to choose carefully. You need to gather medicines, food, water, weapons, then cure the town while trying to avoid becoming infected yourself.

The remake trailer:
[youtube]gh5CB2lnZ7c[/youtube]

The original:
[youtube]-Pw1unOmJY4[/youtube]
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

The Void trailer is interesting, it makes me think about Zeno Clash because of the kind of ambiance. However the choice of music is awful: it definitely doesn't match the visuals.

The remake of Pathological seems very interesting.

I'm noting these games, I like this kind of stuff, it looks very expressive. I just hope that the mechanics goes with the rest of the game.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Harebrained Schemes launched the kickstarter for Shadowrun Hong Kong yesterday. Since then, they've already been pledged triple the goal (asked for $100000, already at $296000 after one day). They are already about to hit their fifth stretch goal. 15 people have even paid $1000 to be added to the game as npcs.

I really need to get around to playing the former ones.

Only $15 for a digital copy.
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

I'm in the Shadowrun Kickstarter for $100. Returns was good but Dragonfall was amazing. They are mostly different stories so don't feel bad jumping straight to Dragonfall, as it's a much better game overall. In fact, it may be one of the best games I've ever played.

Also, just finished the Bioshock Infinite DLC (Burial at Sea) and it was great. Well worth it for any Bioshock fan. And native support for triple monitors, it looked great.
Daixiwen
Greenskin

Post by Daixiwen »

Did any of you try Infinifactory yet? It looks cool, I think I'll have a go this evening!
Hardware, n.: part of the computer you can kick
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

LISA is finally released.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/

Bought it, now I need to find some time to dive in.
Thyrion
Goblin

Post by Thyrion »

this stupid matchmaking system in Smite .....
You are fucked in 4 of 5 games, because you're getting randoms in your team and the other team is a fully premade team .... .:evil:
cybereality
Hobgoblin

Post by cybereality »

Somewhat embarrassed to admit I'm playing Nekopara (sadly the censored Steam version).
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

I've been playing Tachyon, IWAR-2, Freelancer and Freespace2 :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

jacmoe wrote:I've been playing Tachyon, IWAR-2, Freelancer and Freespace2 :)
Hell yeah, IWAR-2 and Freespace 2 are my top 2 space games. Freespace 2 for starwars style dog fighting action and IWAR-2 for the best feeling of heavy ships.
I haven't tried tachyon yet and I only played a demo of many freelancer years ago.

Now I'm getting a Freespace 2 urge.

[youtube]MBmN8p_7sOM[/youtube]

I started on Wasteland 2 last night. It's got a good feel to it, so far I'm liking it. I keep running out of ammo though. Guns jam all the damn time too.
Klaim
Old One

Post by Klaim »

Hahaha the famously pretentious bu tiny "colossus"! XD

I remember the HOLY SHIT moment when you discover the ennemies big ships (I don't remember the name).

Now that I think about it, I played Freespace 2 because a friend lend me the game, I didn't play the first one, but it was still very good.
I liked the complex but not too complex controls and HUD.