[Announcement] Upcoming server maintenance

News, announcements and important global threads from the Ogre3D Team.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

[Announcement] Upcoming server maintenance

Post by spacegaier »

Just a quick heads-up:

From 04.03.2015 00:00 UTC until 04.03.2015 02:00 UTC, our hosting provider will update their web servers. As a result our online presence will be offline for up to two hours.

This includes our website/blog, both forums and the wiki. The JIRA tracker however will remain online as it is hosted directly by Atlassian.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Transporter
Minaton

Re: [Announcement] Upcoming server maintenance

Post by Transporter »

I don't know about the reason, but the mailing functions of the forum is not working anymore.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Are you referring to thread subscription mails? Because those are working. In fact I received a mail for your very reply to this thread :) .
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
scrawl
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by scrawl »

I don't know about the reason, but the mailing functions of the forum is not working anymore.
Hasn't worked for me for the last several months.
Transporter
Minaton

Post by Transporter »

scrawl wrote:
Hasn't worked for me for the last several months.
Was working before this server maintenace for me :D
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

@scrawl: Can you try to un- and then re-subscribe to a some topics and report if it works now. I changed a few things in the admin console that might help. Although as I said it definitely works in general (for both, the forums and the wiki).
scrawl
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by scrawl »

@scrawl: Can you try to un- and then re-subscribe to a some topics and report if it works now.
I just subscribed to a new topic and there was a reply, but I did not get an email.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

I assume you double check your spam/junk folders?

EDIT: I just checked the mail logs on the server. In general everything works fine. However when it comes to your mail address the recent mail sending attempts all ran into issues ("DSN: Service unavailable"), which seem to stem from your mail service provider. Can you please get in touch with them and clarify if they can see any issues on their side? Thanks.
scrawl
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by scrawl »

EDIT: I just checked the mail logs on the server. In general everything works fine. However when it comes to your mail address the recent mail sending attempts all ran into issues ("DSN: Service unavailable"), which seem to stem from your mail service provider. Can you please get in touch with them and clarify if they can see any issues on their side? Thanks.
Good to hear that it works in general. I don't really care about the notifications that much, so I will not investigate more.
spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by spacegaier »

Update: We have found a potential reason why it might not work for some community members and are currently in contact with our hosting provider to try to sort it out. We will keep you posted.