Ogre with CEGUI

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
aliveoceans
Gnoblar

Ogre with CEGUI

Post by aliveoceans »

Hi,
I downloaded 'OgreSDK_MinGW_v1-8-1' version and I was trying to build sample application but failed. I found that CEGUI is not bundled with this version but Boost API was there. for CEGUI I downloaded CEGUI 0.8.4 and tried to install it. the dependencies I was able to build successfully. but it failed while making CEGUI src with CMake. See below is full stake-trace from CMake. I know its more relevant to CEGUI forum than Ogre forum. but I am posting it here because when I deselect 'CEGUI_BUILD_RENDERER_OGRE' the error for 'Boost_INCLUDE_DIR' disappear and I am able to generate. but later on while building CEGUI it failed, the build error stake trace is below the cmake stake trace. I know building CEGUI is also not relevant to this forum but I feel I am doing something incorrect with ogre setup and I am completely failed to figure it out. I need some assistance form some body expert from this forum to make Ogre setup up and running. However I am able to create application and use Ogre api and able to see Ogre config window and able to use OGRE and OIS APIs. Getting some warning messages related to boost api in Eclipse console but application works smoothly.

CMake Stake Trace:-

Code: Select all

Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing:  PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE) 
Could NOT find FRIBIDI (missing:  FRIBIDI_FOUND_ALL_LIBS FRIBIDI_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find DIRECTXSDK (missing:  DIRECTXSDK_LIB_PATH DIRECTXSDK_H_PATH DIRECTXSDK_MAX_D3D) 
Could NOT find D3DX11EFFECTS (missing:  D3DX11EFFECTS_LIB D3DX11EFFECTS_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find IRRLICHT (missing:  IRRLICHT_LIB IRRLICHT_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find Boost
Could NOT find OIS (missing:  OIS_LIB OIS_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find DIRECTFB (missing:  DIRECTFB_LIB DIRECTFB_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find OPENGLES (missing:  OPENGLES_LIB OPENGLES_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find RAPIDXML (missing:  RAPIDXML_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find PVRTOOLS (missing:  PVRTOOLS_LIB PVRTOOLS_H_PATH) 
Could NOT find PythonInterp (missing:  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE) 
Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing:  PYTHON_LIBRARIES PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS) 
Could NOT find Boost
Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE) 
Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found. (missing:  GTK2_GTK_LIBRARY GTK2_GTK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_LIBRARY GTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIB_LIBRARY) 
Info: The OgreRenderer is disabled in the SampleBrowser because of missing dependencies (OIS not found). Please add the dependencies and run 'Configure' in CMake again, in case you want to run the SampleBrowser using OgreRenderer.
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
Boost_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
   used as include directory in directory C:/MinGW/cegui-cegui-0de00dbc2cd5/cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/MinGW/cegui-cegui-0de00dbc2cd5/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Build Error Stake Trace:-

Code: Select all

Linking CXX shared library ..\..\bin\libCEGUIBase-0.dll
CMakeFiles\CEGUIBase-0.dir/objects.a(MinizipResourceProvider.cpp.obj):MinizipResourceProvider.cpp:(.text+0x62): undefined reference to `_imp__PathMatchSpecA@8'
CMakeFiles\CEGUIBase-0.dir/objects.a(MinizipResourceProvider.cpp.obj):MinizipResourceProvider.cpp:(.text+0x1144): undefined reference to `_imp__PathMatchSpecA@8'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: CMakeFiles\CEGUIBase-0.dir/objects.a(MinizipResourceProvider.cpp.obj): bad reloc address 0x4 in section `.text$_ZN5CEGUI23DefaultResourceProviderC2Ev[__ZN5CEGUI23DefaultResourceProviderC2Ev]'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
cegui\src\CMakeFiles\CEGUIBase-0.dir\build.make:4146: recipe for target 'bin/libCEGUIBase-0.dll' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/libCEGUIBase-0.dll] Error 1
CMakeFiles\Makefile2:74: recipe for target 'cegui/src/CMakeFiles/CEGUIBase-0.dir/all' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [cegui/src/CMakeFiles/CEGUIBase-0.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:135: recipe for target 'all' failed
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

C:\MinGW\cegui-cegui-0de00dbc2cd5>
I google for CMake issue but couldn't found any concurrent solution for this.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit with intel HD graphics support, Eclipse Indigo on Java8, CMake3.3.2m MinGW4.7.

Here is how I installed Ogre
I just unzipped 'OgreSDK_MinGW_v1-8-1' and configured according to http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/tiki-ind ... ll_OgreSDK tutorial.
Daixiwen
Greenskin

Re: Ogre with CEGUI

Post by Daixiwen »

IIRC you have to manually indicate where the boost headers are to CMake to compile CeGUI with Ogre.
It took me ages to get it right, compiling CeGui with Ogre is a real pain. Since I switched to MyGUI I feel a lot better :D

Edit: Using a precompiled mingw SDK for Ogre isn't recommended, except if you are 100% sure that you use the exact same MinGW version than the one used to compile the SDK. If you can it's better to compile Ogre yourself. There are a lot of compatibility problems between the different versions of MinGW.
Hardware, n.: part of the computer you can kick
aliveoceans
Gnoblar

Post by aliveoceans »

Daixiwen wrote:IIRC you have to manually indicate where the boost headers are to CMake to compile CeGUI with Ogre.
It took me ages to get it right, compiling CeGui with Ogre is a real pain. Since I switched to MyGUI I feel a lot better :D

Edit: Using a precompiled mingw SDK for Ogre isn't recommended, except if you are 100% sure that you use the exact same MinGW version than the one used to compile the SDK. If you can it's better to compile Ogre yourself. There are a lot of compatibility problems between the different versions of MinGW.
Hey Thanks for reply. In CMake advance mode I got some more options and now I am able to configure it. but getting build time issues but these are purely for CEGUI. I am from Java background and new to C++ and related things. I just wanting to Use Ogre and Bullet physics engine for my gaming concept but I am surprised there are lots of complexity, compatibility issues. Why Ogre don't bundle all dependencies what they used to make their samples and demos for particular version just like they used boost?

can you please suggest me what should I use instead minGW? I tried to download MSVC but for this I had to install whole Visual studio 2013 which is around 6 GB. I don't have that much space on my working machine.

Can I use latest Ogre 1.9 without Visual Studio? I am very much comfortable with Eclipse and NetBeans IDEs. I tried to search for it but all Ogre1.9 setup guides leads to use VS.
Daixiwen
Greenskin

Post by Daixiwen »

With Ogre on Windows Visual C++ is by far the easiest solution. I started with MinGW myself but switched to Visual after a while. It's not that MinGW is bad, but most of the developers of Ogre and some of the libraries around it use Visual and it's harder to get support when you get weird compilation errors with Mingw. Besides IIRC you can't use the DirectX 11 SDK with MinGW.
I think Visual Studio 2010 is still downloadable on Microsoft's website, and you can install only the C++ part instead of the whole bunch. It should take a lot less space.
Hardware, n.: part of the computer you can kick
aliveoceans
Gnoblar

Post by aliveoceans »

Thanks.. I'll take a look. I hope it'll make life easier. :)