landscape plugin1 height data & LOD

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
BlooDragoN
Kobold

landscape plugin1 height data & LOD

Post by BlooDragoN »

@plug-in creator(s) (I don't known who is/are) or well-informed people

Where do you store land vertex data(I mean the variable)??Can these datas changed??
How I can set the maximum LOD for land(e.g. setting the LOD to a lower value even if i'm close to it)..

Thanks in Advice and sorry for may poor english..
spoke
Greenskin

Post by spoke »

Hi, I will asume your talking about PagingLandScape plugin, right?

Could you elavorate a little?

Version 1 or 2?

What are you planning on doing?

anything you wanted to add.... :wink:
May the force be with you.
BlooDragoN
Kobold

Post by BlooDragoN »

Sorry for taking so long in answering.
THe plugin version is 1,and I want to set the maximum LOD In land rendering because of polycount and visual pleasure.
e.g. I wish a landscape to have InitLOD=6, but also MaxLOD=6,without impropving polycount when the camera come closer..
Iwant(wish) to know where (and how) the land data is stored in memory to change the height at run time..
spoke
Greenskin

Post by spoke »

Ok, I want to start by saying that currently V1 is deprecated and that you should be moving into v2.

Anyway, v1 doesn´t support dinamic height modifications, but here is your answer:

Take a look at the class OgrePagingLandScapePageData2D.h and his actual implementation in OgrePagingLandScapePageData2D_HeightField.h

There you can see the height date stored in the mImage member of that class.

But improving the plugin in order to support dinamic height is not that easy, since you will need to tell the plugin to rebuild the renderables if you change the height.

Anyway, good luck, and ask if you need more advice. :wink:
May the force be with you.