[Ogre 2.1] Bug: OgreGLStateCacheManagerImp is using HashMap

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

GrafZahl
Gnoblar

[Ogre 2.1] Bug: OgreGLStateCacheManagerImp is using HashMap

Post by GrafZahl »

Hi,

sorry for writing it to the forum, but I was not able to create a new issue over Ogre JIRA (I do not see the create issue button, maybe my account does not have the rights to create new issue reports).

I found a issue, that is very trivial to fix. In the file RenderSystems\GL\src\StateCacheManager\OgreGLStateCacheManagerImp.h on line 66 and 73 a type named "HashMap" is used. However such a type is not defined anywhere. I found OGRE_HashMap instead and I guess it has been renamed some time ago.
I don't know if the StateCacheManager is compatible with the current version anyway, but at least I do not get any compile error after I changed the type from HashMap to OGRE_HashMap.

Best regards,
GrafZahl
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: [Ogre 2.1] Bug: OgreGLStateCacheManagerImp is using Hash

Post by dark_sylinc »

Don't worry, it could've taken time for me to have seen the Jira ticket anyway. Regarding your issue...

Ummm... that path doesn't exist in the Ogre 2.1. Are you sure you pulled the repository correctly? Or did you mean Ogre 2.0?

There is RenderSystems/GL3Plus and RenderSystems/GLES2 but no RenderSystems/GL; the first doesn't have a state cache manager, and the second (GLES2) is not compiling at the moment.
GrafZahl
Gnoblar

Re: [Ogre 2.1] Bug: OgreGLStateCacheManagerImp is using Hash

Post by GrafZahl »

Hi

I downloaded a zip file from this repository: https://bitbucket.org/sinbad/ogre/ and was just taking the "default" version, because I thought this is the latest development version.
However I saw now, that the latest version is of course at the v2-1 branch.

So I will redownload the right version and this time I will install Mercurial, so I can simply do push-requests in case of trivial errors like this.

Best regards,
GrafZahl