[2.1] Development has slowed!?

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

al2950
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

[2.1] Development has slowed!?

Post by al2950 »

I have noticed in the last month that development has slowed on Ogre 2.1, I can only assume this is because dark_sylinc is very busy with other stuff. Although I certainly can not expect dark_sylinc to slave away every weekend, could I suggest we start sharing the work out, this will help with progress and help share the knowledge of how Ogre 2.1 works. If certain tickets like;
https://trello.com/c/xkT8Hju4/154-add-a ... aw-numbers
could be marked as 'community fix' or put in a separate column, we could pick up some of the easier less interesting tasks! :D Worst case scenario is dark_sylinc reviews the pull request and says its not good enough :P
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Re: [2.1] Development has slowed!?

Post by xrgo »

I am always looking at his trello and twitter ( yes, I am stalking you matias >=] ), and it seems like he's working on the new APIs, particularly Metal...
but still... is sad not to see new commits :P, I wish I was more pro to contribute more
like I said to him before... we need to clone him :lol:
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

Hi, your guesses are correct. I've been in crunch mode. Me and a team are really close to releasing an awesome mobile game, wish us luck!!!

It was just today that I was able to touch Ogre again. I'm finishing the PSO branch.
Now PSOs are working (I haven't merged yet because needs more testing, but in theory it's ready) which are needed by the Metal dev.
Also as a bonus now Low Level Materials can be used on V1_FAST queues too (auto instancing won't work with low level materials though) but I haven't tested it.
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by xrgo »

dark_sylinc wrote:Me and a team are really close to releasing an awesome mobile game, wish us luck!!!
hell yeah!! good luck!!
on android? with ogre? 2.1? free :P?