Criss-crossed SSAO

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)


Post Reply
aymar
Greenskin
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:53 pm
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
x 17

Criss-crossed SSAO

Post by aymar »

I'm using the exact implementation available in the 2.1 Branch, with the following setup:

Code: Select all

NearClipDistance = 0.1;
FarClipDistance = 720;
KernelRadius = 1.0
PowerScale = 1.5
And for some reason, my occlusion map is criss-crossed like this:
Image

Image

I already tried changing the setup, but apparently nothing seems to solve this, the SSAO/HS shader seems to be outputting this pattern.

Does anyone have a clue?
User avatar
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member
Posts: 5588
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
x 1413
Contact:

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Post by dark_sylinc »

Looks like the noise texture is either not filled correctly, or it's not being bound (confirm with RenderDoc)
xrgo
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 pm
Location: Chile
x 169

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Post by xrgo »

I haven't look at the code, but I experienced similar patterns when the blur shader doesn't get the viewport size correctly
aymar
Greenskin
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:53 pm
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
x 17

Re: Criss-crossed SSAO

Post by aymar »

dark_sylinc wrote:Looks like the noise texture is either not filled correctly, or it's not being bound (confirm with RenderDoc)
On the money. The noise texture is criss-crossed. I'll investigate further.
Post Reply