[GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
-
Hotshot5000
- OGRE Contributor

- Posts: 263
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:30 pm
- x 69
[GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
It seems that there is no definition for createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() so createMultiSourceVertexBufferPoolImpl() never gets called. Since I don't have much use for this in GLES3, is it safe to return NULL for now? It seems to be a feature that is work in progress since I can't find anybody calling createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() anywhere except a comment in OgreMesh2SerializerImpl.cpp.
- dark_sylinc
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 5588
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- x 1413
- Contact:
Re: [GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
Yeah. Forget about Multi source vertex buffer pools. It was an idea to support multiple buffers for vertex formats but ended up getting really complex really fast, so it was left unfinished
-
hedphelym
- Gremlin
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am
- Location: Kristiansand, Norway
- x 23
- Contact:
Re: [GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
Hi,
I'm in the middle of the process of updating our in-house exporter, and currently I have two buffers, one containing the vertex pos\norm and one for uv's.
I did it this way so that I could relatively easily support multiple uv sets and such.
We ended up today on this thread because it failed to link the function, we then realized the function does not seem to be implemented.
So my question is :
Will it be supported soon?
Or is it another way to use these buffers on my mesh?
I'm in the middle of the process of updating our in-house exporter, and currently I have two buffers, one containing the vertex pos\norm and one for uv's.
I did it this way so that I could relatively easily support multiple uv sets and such.
We ended up today on this thread because it failed to link the function, we then realized the function does not seem to be implemented.
So my question is :
Will it be supported soon?
Or is it another way to use these buffers on my mesh?
- dark_sylinc
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 5588
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- x 1413
- Contact:
Re: [GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
1. No.hedphelym wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pmSo my question is :
Will it be supported soon?
Or is it another way to use these buffers on my mesh?
2. Either convert it to interleaved, or use v1 primitives. If you're using separate buffers, you're more worried about GPU performance (or convenience) than CPU performance, so using v1 vs v2 primitives shouldn't matter much.
-
hedphelym
- Gremlin
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 am
- Location: Kristiansand, Norway
- x 23
- Contact:
Re: [GLES3] createMultiSourceVertexBufferPool() not used
Thank you for the reply.
I'm avoiding the v1 namespace as much as possible, so it got solved by putting all data into one buffer.
I'm avoiding the v1 namespace as much as possible, so it got solved by putting all data into one buffer.