ScreenSpaceReflections with material transparent? need a HDR+SMAA+SSR+Postprocess compositor.

Discussion area about developing with Ogre-Next (2.1, 2.2 and beyond)

renyingzhi1006043
Gnoblar

ScreenSpaceReflections with material transparent? need a HDR+SMAA+SSR+Postprocess compositor.

Post by renyingzhi1006043 »

In ScreenSpaceReflections Sample, if material set "datablock->setTransparency(0.25, Ogre::HlmsPbsDatablock::Transparent);" not working?
In Ogre2.1 Support HDR\SMAA\SSR, but how to make a HDR+SMAA+SSR+Postprocess compositor? It's too hard.In complex scene, single technology is meaningless.
who can help me? thanks!
dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Re: ScreenSpaceReflections with material transparent? need a HDR+SMAA+SSR+Postprocess compositor.

Post by dark_sylinc »

Yes, lack of "integrated" example has been a common complaint.

Try taking a look at the Living Room sample. However it does not use SSR.

SSR and transparents usually don't play along well. Due to how the technique works, transparents cannot show their reflections (i.e. they're like "vampires", they won't show up in mirrors), but transparents should be able to show the reflections of other non-transparent objects.

I will have to take a deeper look because I don't think the latter (transparents showing the reflections of non-transparent objects) is working correctly.
renyingzhi1006043
Gnoblar

Re: ScreenSpaceReflections with material transparent? need a HDR+SMAA+SSR+Postprocess compositor.

Too depressed, SSR can not be used. PCC needs to manually set up the area, which is not easy to use.
And In Ogre2.1 FlipCullingOnNegativeScale is can't work.
Ogre2.1 is too high a threshold for projects.
thanks, dark_sylinc!
renyingzhi1006043
Gnoblar

Ogre PBR Material is also not easy to use, especially on metal stainless steel. The PBR material of Godot Engine is very simple and effective.