Tons of Warnings Topic is solved

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
jhny
Gnoblar

Tons of Warnings

Post by jhny »

Ogre Version: :1.12:
Operating System: :Windows 10:
Render System: :don't know:

Is there a guide on the internet how to get OGRE 1.12 running in Visual Studio 2019 correctly? I always get tons of warnings when I want to compile tutorial and sample files. I've already looked at the page "OGRE/Setting up an Application" and followed the instructions. :?: :?:

For the source file from the OGRE source (samples) "BasicTutorial1.cpp" I get 45 warnings when compiling, e.g.

Code: Select all

C26495	Variable 'Ogre::VertexElement::mType' is uninitialized. Always initialize a member variable (type.6).	ogre_1	D:\development\OGRESDK\include\OGRE\OgreHardwareVertexBuffer.h	187	
:roll:

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Jhny
jhny
Gnoblar

Re: Tons of Warnings

Post by jhny »

Is there anyone else who can give me a helpful tip??? :?:
jhny
Gnoblar

Post by jhny »

Ok, thanks for reply.

Jhny
jhny
Gnoblar

Post by jhny »

I solved the problem myself by suppressing the warnings in VS2019.
cremoncha
Gnoblar

Post by cremoncha »

You are not alone and, apparently, it is not something related to the platform, since the same thing happens in Linux. When you install the dependencies and start with the compilation, 1000 to 2000 warnings appear by code in disuse and they will say that the warnings are not problems, but it shows that they are never placed in front of the monitor to resolve these conflicts. And I see that the creator has no interest in keeping Ogre3D and on Twitter now publishes things related to Unity 3D. It is a disaster, the documentation is about old versions and does not offer a clear guide on what to do to compile version 1 and version 2. In addition to where you can download each version in a concise a direct way. It seems that things were made for themselves. Instead of having the information centralized on a page in a clean way. And in addition to serving for others to learn, it also serves them so that more people can access the engine and can continue to improve it, by becoming interested in the project. But it seems that it is made for no one to use. It is sad, it seemed to be a good and promising thing, but rightly this never finished coming out of the shadows and was not used on a larger scale. Being in 2019, it makes no sense to fill the disk with dependencies and compilations with 2000 warnings. This is like going back in time and, for example, instead of using JavaScript, continue using Java and PHP. It is something similar, in the sense of the pain of complicating things for no reason. It is understood that the code will be difficult, but to be open source and for the community, it leaves much to be desired. Since the support they give is bad because they do it that way. After seeing this, I prefer to go to Godot 3.1!