Cannot find d3d SDK

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
wwoelbel
Halfling
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Cannot find d3d SDK

Post by wwoelbel »

e:\devel\OOGRE Work\ogrenew\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\include\OgreD3D9Prerequisites.h(41): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3d9.h': No such file or directory



I am experiencing some of the problems that are being shown above. I have installed the SDK. Unfortunately, the solution does not appear to be configured as per my setup. I can compile the Axiom engine without grousing but Ogre can't seem to find my DX sdk directory. This prolly sounds like a very ignorant question but.... How do I point the compiler/project to the SDK files? I am attempting to compile version 0.15.2 unser VC++.NET 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill - the ignorant
User avatar
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:

Post by haffax »

Did you install VC2003 before you installed the sdk? If so, the dx-sdk setup should have configured vc2003. If not, this might very well be the problem. Anyway, just add the SDK's lib directory to your global library path in vc. (Tools->Options->Projects->Directories) choose "library directories" for the path to the libs and "include directories" for the path to the includes.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
wwoelbel
Halfling
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by wwoelbel »

That did the trick. I am pretty sure that I had installed the SDK after VS but don't remember for sure if I had uninstalled/reinstalled or not.

Thank you very much!

Bill
Post Reply