I have been trying to find a GUI library that will allow me to generate
multiple GUI Widgets on different output windows or preferably directly onto 3d Objects as a texture.
I had initially started to try and use MYGUI, since one of the old unit tests used to do exactly what I want, but the Implementation for 2.1 ^ upwards doesn't have the 3d GUI Sample/unit test that works any longer..
I therefore thought I would try to use Colibri.. since its quite straightforward, has been recently updated and works with newer version of Ogre... and I could make new skins and generate text and widgets quite easily with the current samples it runs with.
However when I tried to generate more than one /Colibri Manager instance, it seems to corrupt the layout on the second instance ?
despite the Layout instance requiring a pointer to the specific Colibri manager used ?
I am just testing with the colibriGUIGameState and graphics system, So I may have missed something important. I am generating a second compositor..
a second render window and ColibriManager.
The only change I had to make to Colibrimanager was in setOgre::
so it wouldn't attempt to create the c_defaultTextDatablockNames twice..
So I have two different Colibri Guis running, but the second instance, none of the layout code functions seem to do anything..
So I have 1 working GUi as the default sample, and the second instance appears to have all the widgets and buttons on top of each other?
Blue is the first original instance under create scene
Red is the second instance, which is a carbon copy of scene 1.
Has anyone tried to do something similar ? Or Know of a different GUI Library that might work? Am I wasting time trying to force Colibri into doing something it wasn't designed to do?


