Stickman platformer with neon torches?

A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
Neontorches
Gnoblar

Stickman platformer with neon torches?

Post by Neontorches »

For the life of me I can't find an old, obscure game from my childhood! My dad and I use to play it on our computer and I can't remember if it was a disk game or a download, but here are the details I remember.

Pretty sure the player character was in a stick figure style.
The setting was a castle.
It was a platformer with some story to it? All I remember is a scene at the end with I believe a dragon, but my dad always muted the game at that part possibly because it got, explicit to some degree?
The color scheme was black/dark blue, and I seem to recall having to collect torches of varying colors.

That's about the extent of what I remember and I really don't recall much else unless someone has ideas.

sercero
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

Re: Stickman platformer with neon torches?

Post by sercero »

My guess is that it was MediEvil for PS1

dark_sylinc
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by dark_sylinc »

ChatGPT says:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding the game you played in your childhood. Based on the details you provided, it is difficult to say exactly which game it could be, but I can provide some suggestions that might be helpful in your search:

1. "Karoshi" - This is a stick figure platformer game where the player character is trying to commit suicide in various ways. It has a dark humor and may have some explicit content.

2. "Castlevania" - This is a classic platformer game with a dark setting and a castle as the main location. It has different versions and sequels, but it does not feature stick figure graphics.

3. "Limbo" - This is a black and white platformer game with a dark setting that may fit your description. The game features a young boy in a creepy world filled with traps and puzzles.

4. "Dark Castle" - This game is an old platformer game that was released in the 1980s. It features a castle setting and the player character must navigate through various rooms and defeat bosses, including a dragon.

5. "King's Quest" - This game is an adventure game with platforming elements and a medieval setting. It was released in the 1980s and features a protagonist who explores a castle and interacts with various characters.

I hope these suggestions can help you find the game you're looking for!

It would probably help a lot if you reduce it to at least year range or platform.

I added:
"I think it was a PS1 game"

To which it replied:

Thank you for the update! Based on your new information, here are some possible suggestions for PS1 games that match your description:

1. "Pandemonium!" - This is a 2.5D platformer game that features a stick figure character and a colorful, whimsical world. However, it may not fit your description of a dark blue/black color scheme.

2. "Heart of Darkness" - This is a cinematic platformer game that features a young boy navigating a dark and dangerous world to save his dog. The game has a dark and eerie setting that may fit your description.

3. "MediEvil" - This game is an action-adventure game set in a medieval world, featuring a resurrected knight named Sir Daniel Fortesque. It features a dark and spooky atmosphere, but the graphics are not stick figures.

4. "Silent Hill" - This game is a classic survival horror game with a dark and disturbing atmosphere. It does not have stick figure graphics, but it does feature a story that involves a character navigating through a creepy castle and encountering disturbing monsters.

5. "Alundra" - This game is an action-adventure game with puzzle-solving elements set in a fantasy world. It features a stick figure protagonist, but it does not have a castle setting.

I hope these suggestions are helpful in your search for the game you're looking for!

Turns out AI is really good at this stuff.

hyyou
Gremlin

Post by hyyou »

^ omg

Zonder
Ogre Magi

Post by Zonder »

Yeah narrow the year down also what platform it was running on :)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Neontorches
Gnoblar

Post by Neontorches »

I'm more than certain the game was some form of dungeon platformer. I know it was a simple style, 2D game and it was in fact for the pc because I distinctly remember sitting in my dad's lap at the computer to play it. The clearest memory I have is regarding the torches, which I believe were mostly mint in color? The game may have been a disk game for pc because I know we had a hand full of them when I was growing up. I'm likely wrong about the character looking like a stick figure, but I know they looked simple.