QtMeshEditor

A place to show off your latest screenshots and for people to comment on them. Only start a new thread here if you have some nice images to show off!
fernandot
Halfling

Re: QtMeshEditor

Post by fernandot »

Thanks for the replys, I've recieved some pm and decided to improve a little bit more the project, unfortunately the time still is a problem, but again i'll try to spend some time updating the project...

I couldn't include the axis coordinate system yet, but i made these changes that i think will help:

* Improved the material editor usability
* Fixed some bugs on loading material
* Included an option to delete the objects

The flickering problem must be fixed as well...

I'll keep updating this project, hope it helps.

U may download the new version here:

Download

Best Regards.
compvis
Gremlin

Post by compvis »

Very nice, my friend. Keep up the good works
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I've made some other little changes:

* Included an option to change Background color
* Changed the animation list to a table (To rename the animation just double click the name)
* Fixed a bug when rotating objects with bone animation
* Improved a little bit the CMakeLists.txt

Download

Best Regards.
DarkScythe
Halfling

Post by DarkScythe »

nice job.
joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

manual build from source with qt5 is this possible?
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Yes, i've made it a while ago...

https://bitbucket.org/fernandot/qtmesheditor/wiki/Home

if u have any doubt, feel free to ask...

i only need to update the last images, but the building steps are still valid... :)
joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

thanks for your direct answer, I will try firstly :D
just notify for people encountering some broken builds when ogreassimp , read here https://bitbucket.org/jacmoe/ogreassimp ... n-osx/diff and some little modification in materialeditor.cpp .. 0bxx should be change to 0xbxx for msvcXX platform..
Last edited by joni on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

broken animation swimming fish.. http://pembelajaran.besaba.com/pics/picture16.png , http://pembelajaran.besaba.com/pics/picture14.png and also here http://pembelajaran.besaba.com/pics/picture15.png, .. :? this was built from angle based .. but I'm not sure .. if this would be going fine If recompiling using opengl backend one :?:

I hope that I will not going to fallback to qt4 .. :mrgreen:
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Hi,

Yes, there is some modifications that we have to apply to ogreassimp, I've approved the modifications and asked to jacmoe merge it, but unfortunately he didn't did that yet =/ I've applied only transformer's modifications on my side... https://bitbucket.org/jacmoe/ogreassimp ... edptr/diff

Hope he merges it someday, 'cause ogreassimp is a great lib and it helps a lot... :)

I'll have a look on material editor on monday and probably change it to decimal to avoid other platform's conflicts...

About the fish, are u importing it from other formats or it is an Ogre mesh? I've noticed that u r not using the last version, i think i didn't commited it to bitbuckt yet, i'll push it on monday, 'cause i don't have it here... :(

The anim are imported by assimp's lib or by ogre's importer depending on the file format, there is no relation to the rendering system, i hope to not getting back to Qt4 again, i did it only once, on the beggining of Qt5 it was not easy to deploy... :)

If u don't mind sending me the fish for test, u may do it by PM...

Edit: As i mentioned on the last version post, there was a bug on bone rotation, if u rotated the fish, that might be the problem, i'll push the last version on monday, but if u wish to fix it now, just change the line 212 on MeshTransform.cpp

from

Code: Select all

SkeletonTransform::translateSkeleton(_ent,_rotate);
to

Code: Select all

SkeletonTransform::rotateSkeleton(_ent,_rotate);
When i made a refactoring on mesh transforms to remove it from mainwindow i forgot to change the method name... :roll:

Edit 2: U r the first person i know that built it besides me, the instructions were helpful?
Last edited by fernandot on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

A big thank you before, here is my swimming fish
fish.zip
(158.1 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I've applied that change on MeshTransform and got this result:

It looks like there is two mouth bones and one of them is not following the animation, it sould happen or not? :)
joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

here is taken from assimp_viewer
Picture17.jpg
, it does showing fine with swimming animation
Picture18.jpg
Picture19.jpg
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Ok, let's do this... on monday i'll implement Ogre XML serializer and then I'll use it to import Ogre XML files, instead of using ASSIMP and OGREASSIMP...

It looks an error on OgreAssimp, i'll try to track it... :(
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I'm still trying to find a solution, importing with Ogre XML Serializer didn't import the animation, don't know the reason yet...

I'll try to fix OgreAssimp to behave the same way as the assimp viewer, but it will take some time...

I pushed the current vervion to bitbucket, i have to organize the repository, to create the tags and stop working directly on master branch... :)
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Joni, i fixed the issue implementing the OgreXMLMeshSerializer to load Ogre's XML mesh files...

And now u may export as .mesh.xml :)

U may try it again, hope u enjoy it... :)

Download

joni
Gnoblar

Post by joni »

hi , that's great big thank you :D sorry for late answer
fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Hey folks!

I just revived this project, it is now on GitHub (the old Mercurial repo got deleted by BitBucket).
You can find it here:
GitHub repository

Current Version:
It is now updated with Qt6.5 and Ogre 13.6

I want to thank @akira215 for all the help in the past, he added the functionality of multiple viewports and made a lot of improvements in the code, thank you so much! I think some stuff was in pull-requests, that didn't get merged and got lost in the BitBucket retirement of Mercurial, sorry if I didn't have the last code you submitted. But anyway, I appreciate the collaboration, thank you!

Now I want to make it more stable and add more features.

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I just upgraded it a little bit and added the following:

• Default dark mode (I want to add a way to select between light and dark modes in the future. I was playing around and this felt nicer :lol: )
  • Option to change Ambient Light
  • Material Polygon Mode selection
  • Texture Scroll Anim

And made some improvements in the stability and removal of deprecated code (There's still a lot to do)

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I released a new version with improvements in the material editor to avoid crashes and show the errors from the script parser.

For implementing this I just created a Listener overloading the handleError method to capture the errors and show in the UI. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a simple way to access some errors that occur in the Script Lexer, maybe I'll need to re-implement these validations. At least now some situations that were crashing the application got fixed. :lol:

Also, now it is possible to select the editor palette:

Download

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Hi folks, I just released a new version.
Now it has automated deploys configured with GitHubActions.

It improves a bit the import with Assimp.
For some reason I'm still investigating, the animations imported using Assimp are still getting a weird result. The meshes look great, but the animations are not working. To help investigating it I improved the animations controls to show the keyframes position, allow controlling the animation using a slider, and shows the keyframes values in a table.

Now I want to fix importing animations with Assimp and allow editing the keyframes.

ImageImage

Download

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

I'm still investigating, I found and fixed some issues, but now it seems the bones are flipped, the right side bones are in the left side of the model, and vice-versa, I couldn’t figure why or how to fix yet, but I think I'll get there, does anyone have an Idea or a hint on this? :?

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

last time this was discussed, dark_sylinc said this:
viewtopic.php?p=549664#p549664

unfortunately, he did not yet get to put his implementation online

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Thanks paroj, I started working on this, but it is really complicated and it will demand more time than I currently have to spare on the project, but I still want to try fixing it.

For now, I implemented a way for merging skeleton animations, so it is possible e.g. to merge animations generated from Mixamo. To do this, the FBX must be converted to Ogre Mesh using blender2oger for e.g.

In the release notes, there are some videos showing how to do this.
https://github.com/fernandotonon/QtMeshEditor/releases

fernandot
Halfling

Post by fernandot »

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce that I've finally completed the Assimp importer. While I initially attempted to fix the existing ogre assimp plugin, I found that building a new one from scratch yielded better results for me. It was a challenging endeavor, but it's now operational, especially with the models I sourced from Mixamo. :lol:

For those interested, I've made it available in the repository.

I'm happy with this new addition! :D Moving forward, my primary focus will be on getting it more stable (currently, there are scenarios causing the Editor to crash) and improving the animations merge.

I welcome any feedback or contributions. Thank you for your continued support!

paroj
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

Post by paroj »

fernandot wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:39 pm

I found that building a new one from scratch yielded better results for me.

eh.. thats a pity, because it would be really nice if somebody would fix the bugs in the existing OgreAssimp plugin.

Does your importer correctly load the FBX referenced here? viewtopic.php?p=549659#p549659

If so, I might just replace the skeleton importing with your code.