Problems building in MinGW

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
Jaywalk
Gnoblar
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:59 am

Problems building in MinGW

Post by Jaywalk »

Good day to everyone here.

I have been looking around for a good free engine, since I'm getting tired of spending too much time writing everything from scratch, so I decided to give Ogre a try. I grabbed the release candidate 1, along with the MinGW dependencies file from this site, and tried to build it, but I haven't been having much luck compiling the thing.

Using mingw from msys, I run ./configure (no problems) then make. The build works until it tries to create OgreMain/src/.libs/libOgreMain-4.dll, whereupon it generates a slew of errors. (mostly unresolved symbols and gxx-personality stuff).

Here are the first few lines from the error stream. I won't provide the whole list because it's 6MB long.

c:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol _DllMainCRTStartup@12; defaulting to 00401000
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x12f): In function `ZN4Ogre9Animation5applyEPNS_8SkeletonEffb':
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/bits/stl_tree.h:180: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_increment(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*)'
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x1a2): In function `ZN4Ogre9Animation5applyEffb':
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/bits/stl_tree.h:180: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_increment(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*)'
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x1c2): In function `ZNK4Ogre9Animation8getTrackEt':
C:/msys/1.0/home/Daniel/ogrenew/OgreMain/src/OgreAnimation.cpp:80: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x26e): In function `ZNK4Ogre9Animation8getTrackEt':
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/ext/new_allocator.h:62: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)'
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x294):c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/ext/new_allocator.h:62: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)'
OgreAnimation.lo(.text+0x2a0):c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/c++/3.4.2/ext/new_allocator.h:62: undefined reference to `__cxa_allocate_exception'


If it helps, I have the following things packages installed:

GCC 3.4.2 (MinGW)
MSYS 1.0.10
SDL 1.2.7
pkgconfig 0.15

Am I doing anything wrong? Any advice on how to build Ogre? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply