Wiki down?

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
Baldrake
Halfling
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:09 am

Wiki down?

Post by Baldrake »

Anyone know if the wiki is down? I've been unable to access it since Saturday AM.
User avatar
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:14 am
x 1
Contact:

Post by Clay »

I've been able to access it off and on (er, maybe it's browser cache). Looks down now.

If there are problems hosting it, I have webspace and bandwidth I'd be willing to donate (very nice hosting company, very little downtime).
User avatar
LordMyth
Gremlin
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by LordMyth »

Yeah I had the same problem yesterday, and it still doesn't seem to work!!! HELP!
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
Van
Hobgoblin
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:56 am
Contact:

Post by Van »

Still down. :(

Anyone know who's WIKI software is being used for the Ogre Wiki and where to get it? I would like to add a Wiki to our internal site.
User avatar
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:

Post by haffax »

It uses MediaWiki. Very easy to install and use. Needs PHP4 and mysql 4.x.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
User avatar
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:14 am
x 1
Contact:

Post by Clay »

Yeah, I love MediaWiki (and Wikipedia). Is Antiarc the one who is hosting it currently? I'd be willing to provide either full hosting (I'll give someone FTP+MySQL access, stable server) or a read-only backup for times when its down.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

I've been meaning to get the wiki made official and the downtime has spurred me into asking Antiarc about organising it, watch this space.
User avatar
Antiarc
Greenskin
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:40 am
Contact:

Post by Antiarc »

Yes, it was down this weekend. Apache went down sometime Saturday, and I wasn't really home to check it. It's since been remedied with a simple Apache restart.

Anyway, we're likely going to move the Wiki to the Ogre site, so it'll be moving anyhow. =)
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

I don't think moving it to the slow sourceforge server is any better than hosting it on your home pc.
User avatar
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:

Post by haffax »

The Ogre homepage/forum is more responsive than the ogrewiki lately. It is only a small leap, but a leap nevertheless. :)
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
User avatar
Antiarc
Greenskin
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:40 am
Contact:

Post by Antiarc »

Heh, it's not exactly a home PC - I've got it on a dedicated webserver, which is on dual T1 lines, on a nightly backup, and is protected by both a UPS and a diesel-powered backup generator. Now I just need to put together a cron job to restart apache if it can't connect. =)
Post Reply