Blender subsurfaces

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
Adan
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:40 am

Blender subsurfaces

Post by Adan »

Hi,

I checked the forum and I didn't found anything interesting about subsurfaces so I try to ask you the question directly.

When I model a mesh under Blender using subsurfaces, and then export it using the python script, and then load the .mesh under an Ogre program (for example, just modifying one line in an Ogre sample), the subsurfaces aren't here anymore. Which means my model is ugly whereas it was pretty under blender (well, at least, a bit less ugly).

Do I have something to tune under blender? Or in the use of the scripts (blender->xml or xml->mesh)? Or is it a problem with my configuration of Ogre?

Thank you for your help.
User avatar
bal
Greenskin
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:29 pm
Location: Geluwe, Belgium

Post by bal »

Convert your subsurfed mesh to a real mesh with ALT+C (in object mode). Your polygon count will increase though you'll have a nicely smoothed mesh.
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Blender subsurfaces

Post by reimpell »

Adan wrote:I checked the forum and I didn't found anything interesting about subsurfaces so I try to ask you the question directly.
How do I create flashing directories and popup websites? ;)
Adan
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:40 am

Post by Adan »

Well, in fact I finally found the answer on my own. It seems that trying to find an answer at 4am isn't a good idea. A good nap and all the things are clear again! :D

Thank you very much again. :)
Post Reply