I'm experimenting a bit with this engine, and I'm wondering which scene type would be best for an outdoor kind of race track. The track is a mesh created in a modeling program such as max.
I though that the dotscene addon would work nicely so I tried it with 3 seperate mesh files. Here is the result...
I am wondering if this octree box would also be the bouding box for these objects if collision detection was done... If so, shouldn't there be 3 seperate boxes instead of one large box?
IntersectionQuery only gives you a (very) coarse grained set of entities that might intersect. This is only for pre-filtering entities that need to be inspected further. Octrees bounding volumes are definitely not suited for intersection tests.
There are posts around the forum that talk about getting data from the DotScenePlugin for use with OgreODE or OgreTok (use the search feature).
I have been trying to bring the dotsceneplugin upto date and just added a patch that was mentioned on the forum w/regards to getting trimesh data with OgreODE... Check out my DotScene Post in dev forum for more info.