Are you compiling in debug mode? Try release mode, plus why do you assume you'll get those kind of frame rates when you don't know what hardware he was using, and possibly not know what hardware you have?
Hey! Listen to what he said: The examples run at 100 FPS. So his hardware is waaay good enough.
But I too don't have a clue why it would be... give some source code or so, and make shure you don't compile in debug mode.
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
snegovick wrote:I`ve tried xorekis`s tutorials but I cannot get more than 25 FPS but there are 100`s fps in examples. What is the trouble?
I suggest running each of the Ogre demo programs included with the source code... and see what you get. Maybe afew will stand out as slow and reveal some hints.
In fact I just had the same problem (~ 50FPS, I think I was only drawing a skybox), but after I started adding things to my scene, it went up to the normal ~250 FPS!
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
Yup, GPU's dont like lots of simple entities (each Render Operation resets the GPU, or something). Your better off with one entity that has 6000 polys, then 60 entities that have 10 polys. That will explain the frame rate.