Sorry I'm a N00b. But at least I searched the forums for an answer first (but probably not hard enough).
I'm having this error during the "Creating Ogre Project Files" section for linux. I did everything as stated (even copy and pasted) but I still get the following errors when I type in the command 'make':
if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DGCC_3_1 -DEXT_HASH -I/usr/include/OGRE -g -O2 -MT SkyPlane.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/SkyPlane.Tpo" -c -o SkyPlane.o SkyPlane.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/SkyPlane.Tpo" ".deps/SkyPlane.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/SkyPlane.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from ExampleApplication.h:26,
from SkyPlane.h:24,
from SkyPlane.cpp:23:
ExampleFrameListener.h: In member function `void
ExampleFrameListener::updateStats()':
ExampleFrameListener.h:64: error: `OverlayElement' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:64: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in.)
ExampleFrameListener.h:64: error: `guiAvg' undeclared (first use this function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:64: error: `getOverlayElement' undeclared (first use
this function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:65: error: `guiCurr' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:66: error: `guiBest' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:67: error: `guiWorst' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:78: error: `guiTris' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleFrameListener.h:81: error: `guiDbg' undeclared (first use this function)
ExampleFrameListener.h: In constructor `
ExampleFrameListener::ExampleFrameListener(Ogre::RenderWindow*,
Ogre::Camera*, bool, bool)':
ExampleFrameListener.h:94: error: invalid conversion from `Ogre::Resource*' to
`Ogre::Overlay*'
In file included from SkyPlane.h:24,
from SkyPlane.cpp:23:
ExampleApplication.h: In member function `virtual bool
ExampleApplication::setup()':
ExampleApplication.h:87: error: `setDefaultNumMipmaps' undeclared (first use
this function)
ExampleApplication.h: In member function `virtual void
ExampleApplication::setupResources()':
ExampleApplication.h:168: error: `SectionIterator' is not a member of type `
Ogre::ConfigFile'
ExampleApplication.h:168: error: parse error before `;' token
ExampleApplication.h:171: error: `seci' undeclared (first use this function)
ExampleApplication.h:174: error: `SettingsMultiMap' is not a member of type `
Ogre::ConfigFile'
ExampleApplication.h:174: error: `settings' undeclared (first use this
function)
ExampleApplication.h:175: error: parse error before `;' token
ExampleApplication.h:176: error: `i' undeclared (first use this function)
ExampleApplication.h:180: error: `ResourceGroupManager' undeclared (first use
this function)
ExampleApplication.h:180: error: parse error before `;' token
ExampleApplication.h: In member function `virtual void
ExampleApplication::loadResources()':
ExampleApplication.h:197: error: parse error before `;' token
make[1]: *** [SkyPlane.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/javis/Ogre_Tutorial.dir/Samples/Space'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
Humble Beginnings Error when making (fixed
-
javisaman
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:07 am
Humble Beginnings Error when making (fixed
Last edited by javisaman on Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- haffax
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4823
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- x 8
- Contact:
-
javisaman
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:07 am
I was using gentoo linux and emerged Ogre 0.1.5 (?).
I unmerged it and installed the latest Ogre-1.0-rc1
Now I'm getting the error:
checking for OGRE >= 0.14.1... Package OGRE was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `OGRE.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'OGRE' found
configure: error: "OGRE not found!"
Thanks
I unmerged it and installed the latest Ogre-1.0-rc1
Now I'm getting the error:
checking for OGRE >= 0.14.1... Package OGRE was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `OGRE.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'OGRE' found
configure: error: "OGRE not found!"
Thanks
-
javisaman
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:07 am
Uh I fixed that too...
But now I get another error when I try to run Space
plugins.cfg not found, automatic plugin loading disabled.
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.0.0 (Azathoth)
An exception has occured: An exception has been thrown!
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 8
Function: ConfigFile::load
Description: 'resources.cfg' file not found!.
File: OgreConfigFile.cpp
Line: 68
Stack unwinding: <<beginning of stack>>
*-*-* OGRE Shutdown
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Font
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Unregistering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Material
Unloading library libOgrePlatform.so
Thanks again,
Sorry for being such a N00b, but I really would like to get ogre working[/i]
But now I get another error when I try to run Space
plugins.cfg not found, automatic plugin loading disabled.
*-*-* OGRE Initialising
*-*-* Version 1.0.0 (Azathoth)
An exception has occured: An exception has been thrown!
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 8
Function: ConfigFile::load
Description: 'resources.cfg' file not found!.
File: OgreConfigFile.cpp
Line: 68
Stack unwinding: <<beginning of stack>>
*-*-* OGRE Shutdown
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Font
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh
Unregistering ResourceManager for type HighLevelGpuProgram
Unregistering ResourceManager for type Material
Unloading library libOgrePlatform.so
Thanks again,
Sorry for being such a N00b, but I really would like to get ogre working[/i]
- walaber
- OGRE Expert User

- Posts: 829
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:20 pm
- Location: California, USA
- Contact:
- haffax
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4823
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- x 8
- Contact:
I never used Ogre on Linux, so I don't know the project setup there. But you obviously don't have the resource.cfg where it is expected or you don't run the demo from the right directory. In Windows you don't run the demos from their specific directories, but from the ogrenew/samples/common dir, where all needed cfg files are placed too.
