Ogre CVS HEAD, DotScene, and OgreODE
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Ogre CVS HEAD, DotScene, and OgreODE
I'm planning on starting a new project that may use dotscene, probably will use OgreODE, but it doesn't matter for me whether I use Hastur or the latest CVS HEAD.
My only dilemma so far is it seems that dotscene has been updated so it (only) works with CVS HEAD, which is fine, except OgreODE will not compile for Ogre CVS HEAD.
So I guess my questions are: if/when will OgreODE be updated for CVS HEAD, or is there a particular revision of dotscene in the CVS that I can download that will compile cleanly with Hastur?
Thanks!
My only dilemma so far is it seems that dotscene has been updated so it (only) works with CVS HEAD, which is fine, except OgreODE will not compile for Ogre CVS HEAD.
So I guess my questions are: if/when will OgreODE be updated for CVS HEAD, or is there a particular revision of dotscene in the CVS that I can download that will compile cleanly with Hastur?
Thanks!
- Robomaniac
- Hobgoblin
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:39 am
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
- Robomaniac
- Hobgoblin
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:39 am
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Alright, here it is.
It all seems to be working, the only issue remaining is the one described in this thread, which I am trying to figure out. Hopefully I'm looking in the right place, maybe you can see if you get the same behaviour?
It all seems to be working, the only issue remaining is the one described in this thread, which I am trying to figure out. Hopefully I'm looking in the right place, maybe you can see if you get the same behaviour?
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
I don't do CVS HEAD's, so I'll update OgreOde when;
a) v1.0 of Ogre is released
b) I get out from under this pile of dirty nappies, produced by my new son
Don't know what the issue is with the error in that thread, does it only occur in the version of OgreOde that you've updated to work with CVS HEAD, or has it always happened? I've never noticed it.
a) v1.0 of Ogre is released
b) I get out from under this pile of dirty nappies, produced by my new son
Don't know what the issue is with the error in that thread, does it only occur in the version of OgreOde that you've updated to work with CVS HEAD, or has it always happened? I've never noticed it.
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Well so far it seems easy enough to port stuff to 1.0 (for now) so that part is fine. The other issue seems to only have started up since I have OgreODE's latest cvs + CVS HEAD of Ogre. Previously I was only using 0.15.0 and the last release of OgreODE before it was in ogreaddons...the person who posted back in december would have been using a 0.15.x version of Ogre (I'm only guessing) since at that time Azathoth wasn't available, was it?
I'm sort of thinking it could be my ODE library, but I need to figure out what I did wrong in compiling it this time (as opposed to before when it worked)
I'm sort of thinking it could be my ODE library, but I need to figure out what I did wrong in compiling it this time (as opposed to before when it worked)
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
RoundSparrow
- Greenskin
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:36 am
- Location: Arica, Chile
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
As I say, I don't use the CVS versions, otherwise I find I spend all my time updating stuff to work with the latest revisions rather than actually getting anything productive done.
Thanks IoN_PuLse for creating that updated version which will work with CVS and hopefully 1.0, I'm sure it will be useful to many people.
OgreOde will be "officially" updated to be compatible with 1.0 of Ogre as soon as possible after 1.0 is released. Unfortunately "as soon as possible" might not be as soon as you'd like since there are a number of updates that need to be finished, to the Vehicle and Ragdoll functionality specifically. Also note that the main bit of OgreOde (essentially the wrapper around ODE) is now a separate library to the additional functionality (the Vehicles, Ragdolls, etc) and they're called OgreOde_Core and OgreOde_Prefabs respectively. You can use the Core library separately since that's effectively just what's already there minus the Vehicle functionality.
Thanks IoN_PuLse for creating that updated version which will work with CVS and hopefully 1.0, I'm sure it will be useful to many people.
OgreOde will be "officially" updated to be compatible with 1.0 of Ogre as soon as possible after 1.0 is released. Unfortunately "as soon as possible" might not be as soon as you'd like since there are a number of updates that need to be finished, to the Vehicle and Ragdoll functionality specifically. Also note that the main bit of OgreOde (essentially the wrapper around ODE) is now a separate library to the additional functionality (the Vehicles, Ragdolls, etc) and they're called OgreOde_Core and OgreOde_Prefabs respectively. You can use the Core library separately since that's effectively just what's already there minus the Vehicle functionality.
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
Yeah, that stumped me for a while; "Why the f@#k aren't my import libraries being created?"
Timescale for the ragdoll stuff?
When it's ready!

It was working beautifully, but only if the character was in it's base pose. I've just been ripping the class apart now to add support for creating a ragdoll from any state of the animation. And that seems to be taking a little longer than I'd anticipated!
Timescale for the ragdoll stuff?
When it's ready!
It was working beautifully, but only if the character was in it's base pose. I've just been ripping the class apart now to add support for creating a ragdoll from any state of the animation. And that seems to be taking a little longer than I'd anticipated!
- alia
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:15 am
- Contact:
VC6 Projects
After a bit of mucking around ive got OgreOde to work with the current head (Ion's download was 99.999% of it, i just needed to convert the makefiles and fix the paths - oh and a few syntax problems) if it helps any here are the projects.
Thanks guys!
A.
[/url]
Thanks guys!
A.
[/url]
- IoN_PuLse
- Goblin
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
-
Hackman
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:36 pm
No OgreOde.lib...
I can't get the compiler to create the lib file..
I use the stable Ogre V1.0.0 RC 1 release from the website, and the package ogreodeforcvsheadJan2k5.zip, which IoN_PuLse provided in this thread.
Well...if I build project OgreOde from the solution of the VC7.1\OgreOde.sln there is no problem at all. I build without errors, but afterwards it only created the OgreOde.dll and no OgreOde.lib. Do I miss something? Of course the demo projects won't work without that lib file.
I noticed that in the project settings at Linker->Advanced->Import Library it says : $(OutDir)/OgreOde.lib. So you should expect a lib near the dll, if for the dll the path is set with $(OutDir)/OgreOde.dll, right?
Ik hope someone can help me out.
I use the stable Ogre V1.0.0 RC 1 release from the website, and the package ogreodeforcvsheadJan2k5.zip, which IoN_PuLse provided in this thread.
Well...if I build project OgreOde from the solution of the VC7.1\OgreOde.sln there is no problem at all. I build without errors, but afterwards it only created the OgreOde.dll and no OgreOde.lib. Do I miss something? Of course the demo projects won't work without that lib file.
I noticed that in the project settings at Linker->Advanced->Import Library it says : $(OutDir)/OgreOde.lib. So you should expect a lib near the dll, if for the dll the path is set with $(OutDir)/OgreOde.dll, right?
Ik hope someone can help me out.
- monster
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 1098
- Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:40 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Contact:
IoN_PuLse wrote:Just an update to anyone using the version I updated to work with CVS HEAD, to get it to work with 1.0 you'll need to change:
In OgreOdePreReqs.h:
PLATFORM_WIN32
to
OGRE_PLATFORM_WIN32
monster wrote:Yeah, that stumped me for a while; "Why the f@#k aren't my import libraries being created?"
-
Hackman
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:36 pm