Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Baldrake
Halfling
Posts: 63 Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:09 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Baldrake » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:56 am
Anyone know if the wiki is down? I've been unable to access it since Saturday AM.
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 518 Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:14 am
x 1
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Clay » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:17 am
I've been able to access it off and on (er, maybe it's browser cache). Looks down now.
If there are problems hosting it, I have webspace and bandwidth I'd be willing to donate (very nice hosting company, very little downtime).
LordMyth
Gremlin
Posts: 181 Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by LordMyth » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:55 am
Yeah I had the same problem yesterday, and it still doesn't seem to work!!! HELP!
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
Van
Hobgoblin
Posts: 512 Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:56 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Van » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:39 pm
Still down.
Anyone know who's WIKI software is being used for the Ogre Wiki and where to get it? I would like to add a Wiki to our internal site.
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823 Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by haffax » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:23 pm
It uses
MediaWiki . Very easy to install and use. Needs PHP4 and mysql 4.x.
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 518 Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:14 am
x 1
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Clay » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:28 pm
Yeah, I love MediaWiki (and Wikipedia). Is Antiarc the one who is hosting it currently? I'd be willing to provide either full hosting (I'll give someone FTP+MySQL access, stable server) or a read-only backup for times when its down.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269 Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinbad » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:00 pm
I've been meaning to get the wiki made official and the downtime has spurred me into asking Antiarc about organising it, watch this space.
Antiarc
Greenskin
Posts: 120 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:40 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Antiarc » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:32 pm
Yes, it was down this weekend. Apache went down sometime Saturday, and I wasn't really home to check it. It's since been remedied with a simple Apache restart.
Anyway, we're likely going to move the Wiki to the Ogre site, so it'll be moving anyhow. =)
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067 Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by :wumpus: » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:07 pm
I don't think moving it to the slow sourceforge server is any better than hosting it on your home pc.
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823 Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by haffax » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:09 pm
The Ogre homepage/forum is more responsive than the ogrewiki lately. It is only a small leap, but a leap nevertheless.
Antiarc
Greenskin
Posts: 120 Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:40 am
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Antiarc » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm
Heh, it's not exactly a home PC - I've got it on a dedicated webserver, which is on dual T1 lines, on a nightly backup, and is protected by both a UPS and a diesel-powered backup generator. Now I just need to put together a cron job to restart apache if it can't connect. =)