RenderSystem_Direct3D7 run-time error

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Belgium

RenderSystem_Direct3D7 run-time error

Post by Lucky_Luciano »

When trying to build a simple test-application I keep getting this strange error when running the program:
Image

There are no compilation errors.

I compiled Ogre both in Debug and Release mode without a problem, I read the official getting-started tutorial and the Wiki, found out about OrgeMain_d.lib but I'm not sure what I can do to solve this error.

I didn't find any threads on this on the forum so I guess it's me that's doing something wrong but, to be honnest, I'm clueless at the moment (not sure what Directx7 is doing there).

This is my setup:
- Visual Studio 7.1
- Latest Ogre build 1.0
- DirectX 9.0 SDK (December release)

Any ideas?
Thanks.
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

Remove the reference to the D3D7 plugin from plugins.cfg, and you get rid of this.
User avatar
Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by Lucky_Luciano »

Thanks for the help.
When I remove the line, the error goes away but then he complains about the other plugins too.

Just to be sure we are on the same track here, this is what's in my plugin.cfg file:

Code: Select all

# Defines plugins to load

# Define plugin folder
PluginFolder=.

# Define plugins
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D7
Plugin=RenderSystem_Direct3D9
Plugin=RenderSystem_GL
Plugin=Plugin_ParticleFX
Plugin=Plugin_BSPSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_OctreeSceneManager
Plugin=Plugin_CgProgramManager
My .exe is located in D:\Ogre\ogrenew\Samples\Common\bin\Debug as well as the plugin.cfg file (and all other necessary files).

The program runs when removing all the plugins from plugin.cfg but then I can't choose a "render subsystem" in the Ogre splash-screen.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Did you batch build the solution to make sure everything is built?
User avatar
Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Belgium

Post by Lucky_Luciano »

I did build it in Debug and Release modes seperatly but I cleaned everything and did a full batch build to be sure. After that I got some "assert" errors.
This couldn't be right so I deleted everything, reinstalled Ogre, did a full batch-build....and now it works like a charm :)
Apparently I did something wrong during my first installation (still not sure what though...)

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply