Adding new skybox
- spookyboo
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:57 am
- x 151
- Contact:
Adding new skybox
Does anybody know how I can add a new skybox to the scene without clearing the scene first and without blending the two skyboxes. I´ve tried it with scene_blend one zero (texture*1 + scene_pixel*0 = texture, but this still blends the 2 skyboxes).
- spookyboo
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:57 am
- x 151
- Contact:
- Kencho
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4011
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
- Location: Burgos, Spain
- x 2
- Contact:
Now that I read about skyboxes, I've noticed that a SkyRenderable/Movable would be a neater solution than the actual "only one" sky. I'll explain. That way, you could have as many skyboxes, skydomes, skyplanes you want, allowing you to combine, for instance, a skydome with two layers of clouds (skyplanes), and even an "horizon" (like low detailed 3D buildings you actually see moving as you move). What about this change?
- Attis SH
- Kobold
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:42 am
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
Good idea, but isn't that already possible? You could have a scene node under which you keep all your sky/horizon stuff, and you move it together with the camera.
Another solution would be to attach the camera node under this sky/horizon scene node, and apply position changes to the top scene node, and rotation to the camera node...
So I think it's already possible with Ogre.
Another solution would be to attach the camera node under this sky/horizon scene node, and apply position changes to the top scene node, and rotation to the camera node...
So I think it's already possible with Ogre.
- Kencho
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4011
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
- Location: Burgos, Spain
- x 2
- Contact:
- spookyboo
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 1141
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:57 am
- x 151
- Contact:
A quote from Sinbad found somewhere in this forum
B.t.w. to create 2 layers of clouds: Doesn't a skyplane with a material file with 2 textures (perhaps with different scroll values) do the trick? Haven't tried it yet.
I guess this is not on the top of his list, but it would be nice.It's remarkably trivial to create your own sky geometry to do more advanced effects - I've done this myself. A prebuilt list of skyboxes / skydomes with a priority list might be supported in a future version of Ogre, but you can do it yourself, just use the facilities already provided in SimpleRenderable, add your sky geometry to the RENDER_QUEUE_SKIES_EARLY/LATE, and use the 'priority' parameter at the end to sub-sort them.
B.t.w. to create 2 layers of clouds: Doesn't a skyplane with a material file with 2 textures (perhaps with different scroll values) do the trick? Haven't tried it yet.
- sinbad
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 19269
- Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
- Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
- x 67
- Contact:
