Warnings in any compile that uses Ogre

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
stenyak
Kobold
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:53 pm
Location: Spain
x 1
Contact:

Warnings in any compile that uses Ogre

Post by stenyak »

Hi, i'm getting a couple of warnings for every file that includes ogre.h. The warnings are these:

Code: Select all

In file included from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreEntity.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Ogre.h:41,
                 from data/suspensionData.cpp:12:
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h: In member function `void 
   Ogre::SharedPtr<T>::destroy() [with T = Ogre::Mesh]':
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:140:   instantiated from `void Ogre::SharedPtr<T>::release() [with T = Ogre::Mesh]'
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:88:   instantiated from `Ogre::SharedPtr<T>::~SharedPtr() [with T = Ogre::Mesh]'
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreMesh.h:53:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:149: warning: possible problem detected in 
   invocation of delete operator:
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:149: warning: invalid use of undefined type `
   struct Ogre::Mesh'
/usr/include/OGRE/OgrePrerequisites.h:260: warning: forward declaration of `
   struct Ogre::Mesh'
/usr/include/OGRE/OgreSharedPtr.h:149: note: neither the destructor nor the 
   class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared 
   when the class is defined.
Am i doing something wrong, or is this normal? If more info is needed, tell me what to post and i'll post it.

BTW data/suspensionData.cpp:12: is just a #include "Ogre.h"
I'm using Ogre v1rc1. I had no warnings with Ogre v0.15.2
User avatar
LordMyth
Gremlin
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by LordMyth »

I'm having 'note's on my GCC with SharedPtr...
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
sargar
Gnoblar
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:36 am

Post by sargar »

Hil,

Please, somebody can say how to only deactivate those messages of warning in LInux? They are very annoying when you must compile much :x

Thanks in advance
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

Yeah this is a known issue and I really must find a perminent solution to it.
User avatar
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:14 am
x 1
Contact:

Post by Clay »

Please respond to this post or put something in the developer's section when you do change this. It might break pyogre, since SharedPtr is a sensitive area for pyogre.
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

Installing gcc 3.4.x gets rid of the warning too.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

I'm inclined to think this is a false warning since it disappears on later gcc's and I can't for the life of me understand what it doesn't like (we've tried a number of workarounds that should have worked and none did).
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

:wumpus: wrote:Installing gcc 3.4.x gets rid of the warning too.
I can swear I got it on both 3.4.x and 3.3.x. I'll check tonight.
User avatar
LordMyth
Gremlin
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by LordMyth »

yup I got 3.4.4 and stil notes about sharedptr
Have a kiss from me!
Gentoo Linux on AMD64 3200+
NForce4 Chipset
Dual Channel DDR 2x512MB
PCX 16 GeForce 6600 256MB
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

Ok I was completely wrong. 3.4.4 doesn't throw up that warning on my system.
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

Ok something weird is definitely going on with both 3.3 & 3.4 (even though 3.4 doesn't complain). I'll continue looking into this tomorrow.
waxor
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:49 pm
Contact:

Post by waxor »

(bump)

Anyone sorted this out yet?
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

I'm still working on it. I haven't had much time recently due to work and family constraints but I really need to get this sorted by the weekend.
User avatar
_mental_
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Contact:

Post by _mental_ »

Ok this has been fixed in the v1-0 branch of CVS.
User avatar
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1

Post by :wumpus: »

Great work _mental_, going to test it in a min
Post Reply