Ogre crashes when Ogre.cfg is used

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
waxor
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:49 pm
Contact:

Ogre crashes when Ogre.cfg is used

Post by waxor »

When I try to load my config from ogre.cfg instead of from the menu system I get this error:

OgreHardwareBufferManager.cpp:40: static Ogre::HardwareBufferManager& Ogre::HardwareBufferManager::getSingleton(): Assertion `ms_Singleton' failed.

I am sure the config is good, I used saveConfig to generate it.

I am using the following code in my configure() section:

if ( mRoot->restoreConfig() ){
return true;
}else{
return false;
}
User avatar
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:43 pm
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Contact:

Post by DWORD »

Looks like you are using something alike ExampleApplication. Did you forget

Code: Select all

            mWindow = mRoot->initialise(true);
in there?
waxor
Gnoblar
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:49 pm
Contact:

Post by waxor »

Yeah that did it. I kinda assumed that was a line for loading via the interface. Silly me, should have actually read the line.....

Thanks a bunch.
Post Reply