Xorexis tutorial pack 2: Needs updating

Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
Post Reply
EGD Eric
Halfling
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Xorexis tutorial pack 2: Needs updating

Post by EGD Eric »

Can someone please update this in the wiki? In the tutorial, it tells you to do something to get terrain in. The terrain shows up, but not the way we want it, so the tutorial goes on to say: "change these values in the terrain.cfg file: scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ", though I have tried this in Ogre v1.0.0, and it hasn't made any difference, This is probably because the format of terrain.cfg has changed in version 1.0.0.
Baldrake
Halfling
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:09 am

Post by Baldrake »

I listed the necessary deltas here. This was for the Hastur release of Ogre, and if I recall there was one trivial change still required to go to Ogre 1.0: when you are creating the water plane, you now need an extra parameter:

Code: Select all

	MeshManager::getSingleton().createPlane(
		"WaterPlane", "WaterPlanes",    // Added new 'group name' parameter
		nWaterPlane,
		8000, 8000,
		20, 20,
		true, 1,
		10, 10,
		Vector3::UNIT_Z
	);
You'd be doing the community a service if you updated the tutorial on the wiki. ;)

Also, I will plug my own wiki updates by pointing you to this documentation on the terrain.cfg file.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

I've updated both parts of the tutorial. But if you see something wrong, just fix it! That's what the Wiki is for.
Post Reply