Hey,
I am trying to let the user pick from the list of all available materials to apply to the currently selected object. One snag. Not all materials are "valid" in the sense that the DynaTest materials aren't actually appliable until you have created the DynaTex image. I keep crashing here because it's trying to render an image that doesn't exist. I looked at the DynTex sample and it creates it manually. I was wondering if there is a way that I can find out if the material is "appliable" or not. I'd hate to have to hardcode the ignoring of any materials.
Thanks
Shawn
PS - Sweet congrats on 1.0. I've been around OGRE for a long time now (can't remember how far back but a while.. maybe 2.5 years or so now) and I can't even imagine how happy you guys are to have something "official". Great job. Everyone here loves ya for it.
Invalid Materials
-
Spanky
- Halfling
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:45 am
- Location: Ontario Canada
- sinbad
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 19269
- Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
- Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
- x 67
- Contact:
-
Spanky
- Halfling
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:45 am
- Location: Ontario Canada
Yeah, I was figuring I would do something similar but I am not sure which ones require more advanced things. I want to load the default materials to begin with and let the user add more later. Also, I want them to be able to add any material they want so I need to determine, programmatically, whether the material is good to go or whether it requires some more advanced thing. As of now, I can't tell that the Examples/DynaTest materials require anything further.
I was wondering if there is a way to differentiate the materials in the engine itself. Sort of a "isAdvancedMaterial" thing?
Thanks
Shawn
I was wondering if there is a way to differentiate the materials in the engine itself. Sort of a "isAdvancedMaterial" thing?
Thanks
Shawn