Problems building or running the engine, queries about how to use features etc.
FyuX
Gnoblar
Posts: 3 Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Germany
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by FyuX » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:06 am
I have most exactly the same problem with the precompiled smoke demo from 1.0 as the ones from 1.0 RC 1.
The old RC 1 Bug Report :
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7787
The Smoke dissapears somewhat randomly and the more i move away from the trail the less smoke i see !
My System specs are the same as in the old Bug Report.
[edit]
Also the closer i move to the trail the more images i can see...
[edit 2]
changed the link
Last edited by
FyuX on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067 Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by :wumpus: » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:45 am
Please link if you refer to something, here's the old bug report:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7787
Anyway, are you sure you have the latest drivers for you card? Noone else seems to be experiencing this.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269 Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinbad » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:22 pm
It's not even similar to the 1.0RC1 particle problem (that was a crash). This is the same mipmap problem Kai has been seeing with alpha textures.
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... pmap+alpha
I can't recreate it on any system I have access to, and you're only the second person to report it. I'm sure it's a card / driver thing.
FyuX
Gnoblar
Posts: 3 Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Germany
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by FyuX » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:05 pm
Anyway, are you sure you have the latest drivers for you card? Noone else seems to be experiencing this.
I have the latest Catalyst installed ( 5.2 ).
It's not even similar to the 1.0RC1 particle problem (that was a crash).
I meant the problem i reported here :
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7787
Maybe the ATI team don't test the newest drivers with the older cards because i have a smiliar problem in Gothic II that Objects just dissaper but very rarely... so it could be a driver bug
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269 Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinbad » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:34 pm
Ah, I looked at the end of the thread, I didn't realise you had a separate problem.
Bottom line is that it only seems to happen on those cards. Other ATI cards with the same drivers work fine. Unfortunately it's very hard to debug this since I don't think anyone on the team has a 9000 anymore (I used to, but I got rid of it).
Can you please try disabling hardware mipmap generation like I suggested in the link I posted to Kai above?
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 3067 Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: The Netherlands
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by :wumpus: » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:53 pm
I do have a Mobility Radeon7500, but everything works great in DX9 there, including ParticleFX. (GL is another issue, but back then ATI spent even less time on their GL drivers than they do now)