OFFICIAL! Supremacy: Four Paths to Power released!

A place for users of OGRE to discuss ideas and experiences of utilitising OGRE in their games / demos / applications.
Jedive
Gnoblar

Post by Jedive »

This looks awesome, but I would not buy if I don't see a demo before ;)

Sorry men, I am a shareware guy myself.
==Jedive==
Celeron M 1.5, 512MB, Intel 915GM, WinXP/DX9, Ubuntu
iBook G4 1Ghz, 256MB, Radeon9200, Mac OS X Tiger
innovati
Kobold

should I or shuldn't I

Post by innovati »

I don't wanna hurt your feelings, and would love to support a fellow OGRE project, but to me, the price is 25$, which is the same as any other game here.

I have several that i'm planning to buy for GCN, so to buy this would be one less for GameCube you see.

I run Linux, RPM-based distro, would S:4PTP run on my computer, I would hate to get it and not have it run.

Also, could it be arranged that were I to purchase it, complete platform independant source for the game could be given for me to compile instead of the pre-compiled bin's - or is this already there? i didn't find the website much help (or maybe I'm too tired to focus)

The screenshots look great and I'd love to see what you guys could cook up if you started a new game suing all the new tools that have popped up since when you began. Great looking work guys, I'm proud to be a part of this community with people like you!
satanopoulos
Gnoblar

Post by satanopoulos »

hi everyone,
thanks so much for all the support!!! we could not have possibly accomplished this without ogre and these forums and especially Sinbad. As far as releasing the source to the "modified" ogre we will release this shortly. the changes we made are incredibly slight (and now incredibly old) but we definitely don't want to abuse the license agreement.

innovati - sorry there is no linux version and unfortunately there will not be one any time soon (personally i'd love to have an OS X version too - or one that ran on Game Cube my own console of choice). there are several reasons for this - all of which are complicated.

joi - we had a pretty small core team. 3 coders, myself included 2 modelers/animators, one concept artist and one 3D artist who did the "heads". there were other people involved of course like thor who did a lot of writing and matt who was the exec producer, as well as the voice guys and our incredible sound guy michael sweet.

-nik mikros
TobascoSpam
Halfling

Post by TobascoSpam »

Hey did you all see that PC Gamer reviewed it in their magazine?!? Their June 2005 mag on page 65. Fairly impressive for such a small team. They didn't give it a terribly great score (55%) but I'm amazed that an Ogre powered game was reviewed in their mag at all. Congrats!
Gf11speed
Goblin

Post by Gf11speed »

That's really amazing. Congratulations to you guys.
Coming soon...
PigeonRat
Gnoblar

Post by PigeonRat »

Nice stuff!

Any chance of a demo? ;)
litobyte
Halfling

Post by litobyte »

Absolutely fantablastic!