Bugs in docs/tuts...

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Sydius
Gnoblar

Bugs in docs/tuts...

Post by Sydius »

Maybe this is the wrong place to point this out, and maybe it is already known, but on the “Intermediate Tutorial 1” (and maybe others), there is a bug in the “code to start with”… I am a relative newbie and just copied/pasted it, thinking that would be fine. A half hour later, I finally figured out why it was not being defined as a Win32 application.

The line that says:

#if OGRE_PLATFORM == PLATFORM_WIN32

Breaks it for Windows users because it actually sets OGRE_PLATFORM to OGRE_PLATFORM_WIN32… I probably looked at the definition a dozen times before I noticed the difference. For same reason, exception messages do not work.

Also, in the manual, at http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/manual/manual_30.html#SEC145 the command at the bottom (rotation) seems to be missing the pretty gold text and an explanation.
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

You can change the text in the wiki yourself, just create an account and click edit on the page you like to change.. The PLATFORM_WIN32 is from a pre 1.0 version of Ogre.
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

I've fixed the manual.