GIMP hobbyist would like to make free graphics

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

GIMP hobbyist would like to make free graphics

Post by centipede »

Sorry, I couldn't figure out where to put this post. It is not a serious project, so 'Recruitment' is wrong, and it is not a technical question either which rules out the rest. Please ignore me.

If anyone is working on a non-serious OGRE project and needs textures or other things, I'd like to help out. I am averagely skilled with using GIMP, and I think it could be great to see my work in a finished project.

So if you are embarrased to ask in public about your sorry looking pet project here's your chance. Examples of what I like to work with:

http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/examples/

Please don't be offended if I'm not allowed to post this here.

Regards
Rene Jensen
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

Can you do UV mapping / painting textures on those?
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by DWORD »

That's some nice looking textures. :) I especially like the landscape ones. It really looks good, and I could imagine that the used textures would do great e.g. for splatting on a terrain.

I'm currently experimenting with some terrain stuff, and it's not a 'serious project' either, but I could use some quality textures like these if you allow me to. ;)

Is there any possibility you could make them tileable? That would be awesome.
Van
Hobgoblin

Post by Van »

Were not proud. If you are looking for a project please consider coming over and joing our team of people.

http://www.EvilMasterMindsInc.com

We are working on a project that will someday (hopefully) go commerical. But right now, its a nice challenging project. And we can MOST CERTAINLY use someone who likes to texture. We are trying to push the envelope with graphics and performance so we are permitting our modelers and artist to go somewhat wild with lighting, bump mapping and texturing. Check out the website and either email me or PM me here.

BTW, this invitation is opened to anyone who is looking for a project to participate in. We run a relaxed atmosphere, have a forum, use teamspeak, the works. We even have a running networked alpha that we use to shoot at each other when we get frustrated. ;)
Rixeh
Greenskin

Post by Rixeh »

Dammit Van bro, you gotta update those screenshots -- I retextured all the fighters last night so they look sexier. :shock: :shock:
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

:wumpus:: That would be a 'no'. I have almost no experience with any 3D program except for 3DS which went as I have practically taken a religious vow not to use commercial tools again.. He.

DWORD: Actually all the raw materials for making the landscapes (Gimp patterns and brushes as well as textures) are in http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage under Collection, and most of the textures do tile. As you can see, all of the things are absolutely free for any purpose. Enjoy. If you would need specially adapted textures (metal with corrosion, soil with cracks or plants etc), that tiles, just PM me with a short description.

oh, and the one catch is that if any good generic textures (i.e. ones that would fit many projects or would serve as raw material for further enhancement) comes out of it, they go into the public collection. Hope it's ok.

Van: I'll have a look at the stuff. I love metal work, but it seems that you have that taken care of already.
Van
Hobgoblin

Post by Van »

Rixeh wrote:Dammit Van bro, you gotta update those screenshots -- I retextured all the fighters last night so they look sexier. :shock: :shock:
Geeeze, everytime I turn around you guys have painted something new. Just yesterday you were bitching about texturing, weren't you just saying "GOD, I hate texturing, we need to get more texturers" blah blah blah.. So here I am trying to recruite another person and you ain't helping any. ;)

Ok, I'll update the screenshots - again. :roll:
centipede wrote: Van: I'll have a look at the stuff. I love metal work, but it seems that you have that taken care of already.
Don't kid yourself. Rixeh! and biteme can produce models (meshes) faster than I can write a for() loop. I can't tell you how long we went around the galaxy with naked models. I still can't get them to dress the female avatars. Of coarse, that may not be a bad thing... :twisted:
Last edited by Van on Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpannerMan
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by SpannerMan »

Centipede, those are pretty good textures, nice!

I must say, its quite rare for artists to approach programmers, usually its the other way around. Thanks for doing that, its nice to see artists sharing their creations :)
Clay
OGRE Community Helper
OGRE Community Helper

Post by Clay »

Ohhhhh idea!

What you should do is make a new CEGUI look! Take a look at the Taherez look and the Windows look. Neither of those look like I want them.... Taherez is ok, but the mouse drives me crazy.

Why not try adding a new look to the set? Not programming the look, but adding a new image set. If you added one or two of those you would benefit everyone working with CEGUI/Ogre.

Not that I'm knocking either of the current looks (Taherez is fine, I just change the mouse image on my own), but it'd be interesting to have a few more looks to choose from.
Van
Hobgoblin

Post by Van »

Clay wrote:Ohhhhh idea!

What you should do is make a new CEGUI look! Take a look at the Taherez look and the Windows look. Neither of those look like I want them.... Taherez is ok, but the mouse drives me crazy.

Why not try adding a new look to the set? Not programming the look, but adding a new image set. If you added one or two of those you would benefit everyone working with CEGUI/Ogre.

Not that I'm knocking either of the current looks (Taherez is fine, I just change the mouse image on my own), but it'd be interesting to have a few more looks to choose from.
Hands off! He's mine! mine! mine!!!

Nah, actually, thats a pretty good idea, Clay.
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Yeah, a new imageset for CEGUI would be a very cool idea. Preferably base it on the WindowsLook one as that is said to be more flexible if you only want to change the image.
4NCI3NT
Gnoblar

Post by 4NCI3NT »

:wumpus: wrote:Yeah, a new imageset for CEGUI would be a very cool idea. Preferably base it on the WindowsLook one as that is said to be more flexible if you only want to change the image.

I second that! The CEGUI is not bad, but it would be nice to have options for a different look!
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

I can't promise anything with CEGui, but from what I can see, it doesn't look too hard. Just give me a few days to figure out how things work, and a couple more to allow my boring daytime job to interferre.

Obviously TaharezLook.imageset contains coordinates for fragments of the graphics. (I can't locate a corresponding WindowsLook.imageset?!).

How does fonts work? Do you prefer handdrawn or truetype fonts? I can make a few handdrawn also, but I can see that some sort of .fontdef file has to be generated, which uses float coords! That's gonna be pure hell..

EDIT: Why does TaharezLook.scheme contain a list of gadget types? Does the typeset change? Can you have other features?
Last edited by centipede on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUFK
Gnoblar

Post by SUFK »

DWORD wrote:Is there any possibility you could make them tileable? That would be awesome.
"Filters->Map->Makeseamless" That'll make it..... somewhat tileable, it depends on the picture you use. If you make your picture blank and then put a big "dot" in the middle of it and then make it "Seamless" then you'll get 4 quarter sphere's overlapping your first sphere, making a kinda star like texture.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

Would be really cool to have a couple imagesets to choose from: futuristic, medieval (rpg) and flat (.net style) :)
Preferable in different color schemes too ... :D
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
dennis
Gremlin

Post by dennis »

You could redo/enhance the texture of this one:
The model was donated to the Ogre community for free use. Just let me know where to send the .psd file that also contains the uv-map in a separate layer. I personally would like to see a version with some damage and ageing on it.
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Wow, that plane looks heck more impressive than the current spaceship in our SkyBox demo :) If it was donated to us, don't we use that instead?
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by DWORD »

Err, isn't it already? I think it's the "RZR-002.mesh".
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

yeah, it's included,but I mean in the skybox demo
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Demo-exe of RZR-002 needed

Post by centipede »

Hello again. Can anybody mail me a compiled exe-file for Windows that shows the RZR-002 mesh on screen so I can test the map? I have never tried to paint on a uv-map before, so it would be a great aid. I have already installed the OgreSDK and the OgreDemos...

Thanks in advance

I'm at centipede on the mail server takhis dot net (sorry, hate spam).
dennis
Gremlin

Post by dennis »

One rehashed skyboxdemo coming up.
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

The GUI demo in the OgreDemo pack only shows very few of all the gadgets in CEGUI. Are there any more complete examples around somewhere? Again, it would be great for testing.
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

The Particle Editor is a very complex example. You can download the binaries here: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 0901#60901
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
bugshake
Greenskin

Post by bugshake »

4NCI3NT wrote:
:wumpus: wrote:Yeah, a new imageset for CEGUI would be a very cool idea. Preferably base it on the WindowsLook one as that is said to be more flexible if you only want to change the image.

I second that! The CEGUI is not bad, but it would be nice to have options for a different look!
I third that! We could also use general UI elements for Ogre (not CEGUI) overlays, like the FPS-window. These are all none-interactive. Typical stuff would health/mana/fuel/etc meters. Or maybe a general score/lives/currentspell panel.
Mr.Bloodworth
Halfling

Post by Mr.Bloodworth »

Where would i find the images curently in use in The crezy eddie one?

Im up for remaking the UI, Vector art is my "Thing" lol.