What do I need

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Methias
Gnoblar

What do I need

Post by Methias »

Hi all,

I'll be starting an honours project soon using Ogre. The project is to build a terrain editor using the ogre engine, and a small app to display it. What downloads do I need to get to have everything I need to run Ogre? (I'll be using VC 2003).

PS: Would it be possible to make a single file with everything in it? (Instead of multiplr seperate files? It may be easier instead of dl'd some files only to find your missing another file :))

Thanks
Lucky_Luciano
Greenskin

Post by Lucky_Luciano »

Be sure to read this page: http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Th ... de_to_OGRE

This explains everything you need to know.

If you just want to start out without the "hassle" of compiling everything you should consider downloading the Ogre SDK.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Re: What do I need

Post by jacmoe »

Methias wrote:The project is to build a terrain editor using the ogre engine, and a small app to display it.
You are lucky - look at the exsisting terrain editors in progress - and there you go: smooth sailing all the way. 8)
Well, maybe not quite - would be cool if you posted some news when you're done! :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.